Stephen Ireland

EthiGeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Antec

Pardew could well have Stephen Ireland, who hasn’t appeared in any type of game since December, fully fit this week for the first time, but he is ineligible to take on his employers

As ironic as it gets :lol:

“He’s a real character' date=' Jonas,” Pardew told the Gazette. “[b']He’s a maverick.[/b] Sometimes he does things that drive me mad on the training ground, but not on match day.

Surely that should be 'Bit of a maverick"?

This is getting a bit silly now like, how can somebody possibly be touch and go for about 4-5 consecutive games (in the space of about 2 month). Either Pardew is just flat out lying, or our medical staff realy are the complete s**** that they seem.

There's no need to play him as long as we keep the PL-spot. And we're not paying Villa before he plays. The best thing is that we will be able to buy him for much lower price. So I don't see any problem.

Yes, but the reason he'd be a lot cheaper (if he was) would reflect the fact that he'd have an even bigger mental hole to drag himself back out of.

Honestly, I've no major qualms with the bloke - he's quite clearly a gigantic simpleton, but that's no crime - so I don't necessarily wish him ill, but the problem is, he's so utterly, utterly wrong in the head that I can see how it'll go.

I bet you now he'll sign somewhere else over the summer, and he'll be saying all the right things when he signs, and the fans of said club will be saying "well, he just needs to feel wanted, he wasn't at Villa or Man City (or Newcastle) and he's been a good player in the past, so we'll get the best out of him" - in other words, the same old story.

Only his decent spell is another season in the past, and he's only made himself look even more mental.

Like i said several pages ago, I reckon he'll be playing in the MLS within two years.

If we want to spite them, we should keep him and not play him. They are paying for him anyway.

If he does play, could he handle the pressure, most of us are sick of him before he's even kicked a ball.

Waits for "Ireland may be ready to face Man Utd" on nufc.co.uk

I loved the quote (forgot who it was ) but saying along the lines of :unfortunately a fit again Stephen Ireland misses out because he is ineligible, yeh right.

Waits for "Ireland may be ready to face Man Utd" on nufc.co.uk

I loved the quote (forgot who it was ) but saying along the lines of :unfortunately a fit again Stephen Ireland misses out because he is ineligible, yeh right.

Probably nufc.co.uk!