Potential Andy Carroll replacement?

LooneyToonArmy

Meh, any similar style replacement is more than likely going to feel horribly inferior. We need a small quick striker to stop constantly being reminded of what we're missing.

/Ah jaysus, it's still so devastating that he's gone. :no:

Yeh, the pain is going to last on this one. It's always going to be about what could have been.

The only way I see us replacing the number of points he would have brought, will be to get in two new goalscorers. It's an opportunity to bring some pace to the front line and play a different way altogether. Reckon they'll have to be from abroad, don't know any prem striker good enough to fit the bill - who we can get anyway.

Guest dazzanufc1892

Karem Benezema in a dream world considering that Jose keeps him on the bench nearly every match.

In the real world all arrows point at either Cole or Obinna knowing Mike Ashley

bit harsh, considering he was happy to pay for jose enrique at 7mil, a young spanish left back, ben arfa, tiote, colo, gutierrez. doesnt mean somebody of poor quality will come in.

I personally am hoping for another tiote esq player, somebody we dont know a great deal about but who does it amazingly.

failing that, gervinho please

Given Ben Arfa's friendship with Benzema (this translated into an amazing, practically telepathic on-field relationship at Lyon), is Benzema really as far fetched as it first appears? It may still be the case of course, but given we have a big wedge to spend (I could see a 15-20M bid for him, to signal intention for Carroll replacement), and if we met Ben Arfa's wage demands, surely we could meet Benzema's? Of course - it would completely depend on the player, the lack of CL football, and recent success may put him off. But he would be revered here, worthy number 9, rekindle relationship with Ben Arfa, guaranteed first choice etc. Even as a stepping stone for a few seasons, to escape his miserable time at Real Madrid. Similar to when Anelka left RM - he went to PSG I think - hardly world beaters...re-established his star and then got his move to the PL (initially at more modest clubs such as Man City and Bolton...)

Maybe I'm deluded.

Benzema is blatantly on his way out but he'll have a billion more attractive options than Newcastle.

I think he'll go to Spurs just to spite us.

Mou certainly prefers Adebayor to him, can see him going this summer.

He prefers to go hunting with a dog rather than a cat.

I bet that comment from Jose was a great confidence booster for Benzema!

my choice would be:

1st- Thomas muller - wont join but would love to see him at Newcastle

or

2nd - Kenwyne Jones - i know he played for Sunderland but would be the perfect replacement if we put aside the rivalry

What a bizarre post :lol:

considering people think we will sign benzema its not as bizarre, can we afford his wages? NO. Can we offer him top football? NO. Did you see Jones when he played against us this season?

people coming out with half chances like gervinho, Connor Wickham this is not FM where you can take a punt, the only decent suggestion was from jamie for coming out with Agbonlahor. If we are taking punts ill come out with billy sharp.

Guest thenorthumbrian

I can't help feeling that if Bendtner (with the same abilities) was a nice guy, people would think he's brilliant. If you can look past the arrogance and the dislikability, he's a very good footballer.

And the chances of him leaving Arsenal to play for a club with a prick like the FCB running things is zero.

Daniel Sturridge? I don't know if NUFC were interested in him but quite a few fans wanted him on loan. From the looks of him so far at Bolton he would have come in handy. Would Chelsea be willing to sell him? He would probably be 5th choice at Chelsea so maybe he'd just want to leave regardless. £10m bid maybe? He fits the NUFC recruitment policy as he's only 21. I doubt he's on massive wages (but you never know with Chelsea) so there's a possibility he wouldn't have to take a pay cut to come to us.

my choice would be:

or

2nd - Kenwyne Jones - i know he played for Sunderland but would be the perfect replacement if we put aside the rivalry

considering people think we will sign benzema its not as bizarre, can we afford his wages? NO. Can we offer him top football? NO. Did you see Jones when he played against us this season?

people coming out with half chances like gervinho, Connor Wickham this is not FM where you can take a punt, the only decent suggestion was from jamie for coming out with Agbonlahor. If we are taking punts ill come out with billy sharp.

Kenwyne Jones is fucking shit. He has 1 good game every 8 games or so. This conclusion of him means i'd rather have Best, Shola and Ranger instead of wasting around £8 million and £45k p/w on someone who isn't just a donkey, but a ex-mackem.

Why did we blink first on the last day of the transfer window. I would have loved to see what Liverpool would have done if we had stuck out for all the Torres money. After all it was Chelseas money not Liverpools. I think they would have given us the lot as they were determined to retain a top striker.

The new Yanks at Liverpool are being praised but they havent spent a penny yet!

Two or three big signings could be made in the summer or Ashley could sell up cheaply.

my choice would be:

or

I just find your two suggestions to be such unbelievable polar opposites to be funny.

Kenwyne Jones is an absolute bag of shite, like.

Daniel Sturridge? I don't know if NUFC were interested in him but quite a few fans wanted him on loan. From the looks of him so far at Bolton he would have come in handy. Would Chelsea be willing to sell him? He would probably be 5th choice at Chelsea so maybe he'd just want to leave regardless. £10m bid maybe? He fits the NUFC recruitment policy as he's only 21. I doubt he's on massive wages (but you never know with Chelsea) so there's a possibility he wouldn't have to take a pay cut to come to us.

Sturridge is on big money at Chelsea.  He wanted something like £60k a week when he was at City and they refused so he moved to Chelsea.

Sturridge like Wishire will do well at Bolton & then go back his club as better player.

Sturridge is on big money at Chelsea.  He wanted something like £60k a week when he was at City and they refused so he moved to Chelsea.

Oh OK. Maybe playing week in week out will make him more willing to take a pay cut rather than go back to sitting on the bench (if he's lucky) for Chelsea?

Another reason why squads should be limited. The top clubs buy up a lot of players, put them all on high wages then rarely play some of them. Those players then want to leave to get games but don't want to take huge pay cuts.