Potential Andy Carroll replacement?

LooneyToonArmy

Still think it's best to get 2 strikers in, take off the pressure of the "Andy Carroll replacement"

Hulk is the strongest there is, he can handle it.

A strong finish to the season, a Waffa spot, Ben Arfa showing some flair, a few more high profile results against a perceived top side or two... and a significant wedge... and we might be able to tempt him I hope.

If we lived in a half fantasy half realistic world I would go for Hulk and I dont know why but i just feel that Agbonlahor would thrive with a big man like Hulk to play off him.

He's fast and although he's been pretty shit this season I still feel he can develop into a really good footballer given the correct circumstances.

Hulk - Agbonlahor in my opinion would probably be the best striking partner ever since Shearer - Owen for  match or two.

However, Gameiro would be better than Agbonlahor but that's just too much fantasy world.

Hulk, Gervinho and Elemander on a free.

Ship out Best/Ameobi and Lovenkrands. Send Ranger out on loan.

:nope:

Ranger should deffo stay and depending at this seasons ending, maybe Best too. no matter what we deffo need four pro attacker.

Realisticallly we'll probably sign Elmander and Bothroyd (unless Cardiff go up) on frees.  Ship Xisco back to Depor for a cut price fee, all about profit with this regime. Would love to see us try and bring back Bellamy but I can't see that happening.

Realisticallly we'll probably sign Elmander and Bothroyd (unless Cardiff go up) on frees.  Ship Xisco back to Depor for a cut price fee, all about profit with this regime. Would love to see us try and bring back Bellamy but I can't see that happening.

Bellamy is an idiot, but he's a fantastic striker. A workhorse and football intelligent. But he's too old now, and bunking him up with HBA and Ireland..That's risky business.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

God almighty, you're all mental. Some people want bendtner and caicedo.....literally two of the worst footballers I have ever seen. Everyone who is mentioning those two please get a grip, they're both awful, awful, awful!!!!

Guest prestonj1989

Caicedo's an interesting shout actually. I was about to say "i always wondered why he didn't do more at City" but the answer to that is fairly obvious anyway. Still, Eriksson bought him as 'one for the future' if i remember correctly. If he's got the right sort of mentality, he won't have had a bad bit of upbringing at City. Might be one to look at.

Don't know a lot about him at all but as previously said, always looked half-decent whenever he featured.

EDIT: Just checked his stats and he's got more than 1 in 2 for Levante this season. Still only 22 n'all.

He has looked pretty good for Levante from what I have seen this season.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

You can't have seen many footballers.

haway man dave, they're both awful. Caicedo at city was nothing short of terrible, and let's be honest the standard of defending in Spain is terrible an'all, other than barca/real. He's just not the type of player we should be looking at building our attack round.

Similarly with bendtner, overrated, overpaid, over-confident. 10 goals in 16 starts is a false representation of his season and performances. Factor in the number of sub appearences and shots to goals ratio and you quickly visualise the player in hand. He's crap. With the players around him at arsenal he should be scoring 20+/season and contributing far more in terms of general play.

How many footballers have you seen play? If you think they're good then I can only summise that you've only ever seen two players play football and have complete tunnel vision

Guest elbee909

Not rating them is fine. You said they are 'literally two of the worst footballers I have ever seen', which is ludicrous hyperbole.

PS: we just signed Shefki Kuqi.

And literally really does mean 'literally'. 

You can't have seen many footballers.

haway man dave, they're both awful. Caicedo at city was nothing short of terrible, and let's be honest the standard of defending in Spain is terrible an'all, other than barca/real. He's just not the type of player we should be looking at building our attack round.

Similarly with bendtner, overrated, overpaid, over-confident. 10 goals in 16 starts is a false representation of his season and performances. Factor in the number of sub appearences and shots to goals ratio and you quickly visualise the player in hand. He's crap. With the players around him at arsenal he should be scoring 20+/season and contributing far more in terms of general play.

How many footballers have you seen play? If you think they're good then I can only summise that you've only ever seen two players play football and have complete tunnel vision

Wrong.