SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

The season is long and there's plenty of games. People get injured suspended and having all three of the likes of HBA, Zog, Marveaux would give plenty of options.

The potential pace in the side even without Zog is looking fantastic already.

Would anyone else be worried that if we signed him, Marveaux and HBA we would have 3 too similar players to able to accommodate them into the one formation?

Don't see how.

Marveaux's best position is on the left.

N'Zogbia's best position is on the right.

Ben Arfa's best position is in the middle.

hmmm, I don't think HBA has played much football in the middle, thought he had pretty much always played on the left side of a 4-3-3, in a very similar way to Marveaux with both playing very centrally. Granted N'zogbia is slightly different in that he plays along the touchline when on the left and is very capable of cutting in on the right. The formation that would be required all 3 would surely be the 4-2-3-1 but i'm just wondering whether a Marveaux, HBA, Nzogbia midfield behind a striker would work effectively and the way we all hope it would.

The solution you're looking for to this one is the fact we will actually have depth, versatility and tactical options. It's been a long time, I'm confused by the very idea too  :laugh:

Ba

\  |  /

_ Ben Arfa _

Marveaux                        ?

\

Tiote   Cabaye

\

Enrique  Colo  Williamson Simpson

If Marveaux, HBA and N'Zog were all to play at once, we'd definitely need two defensive midfielders on the pitch too. Cabaye will have to stay back with Tioté, which is fine by me

Not necessarily, if you play 4-4-2 you would have the two strikers and two wingers as being primarily attacking players and could still accomodate a box to box midfielder. It depends if the 3 attacking mids were all given free roles or if they are expected to put a shift in going backwards as well.

That would be fine if Marveaux, Ben Arfa and/or N'Zog were actually willing to put in a defensive shift, which I don't think they will. Marveaux is very lazy defensively from what I've heard, and I don't see Ben Arfa being one to be tied down to a position like left midfield

Would anyone else be worried that if we signed him, Marveaux and HBA we would have 3 too similar players to able to accommodate them into the one formation?

Don't see how.

Where does Jonas fit in? Or does he not count?  ???

The bench

:kinnear:

I fail to see what is so retarded about Jonas sitting on the bench if someone else is on the left wing like, but fair enough.

Because you now have Marveaux and Jonas sitting on your bench...would like to see your team sheet against Arsenal...promising stuff!

I was refering to Sewelly's formation, which is what you were asking about, I've never even suggested what I would personaly play, just what I think Pardew would do.

But just to humour you:

Ba

Barfa

N'zogbia Cabaye Tiote Barton

No Jonas, no Marveaux.

Cheers for the laugh, come back when we see Barton on that right hand side again  :iamatwat:

Don't see how.

Where does Jonas fit in? Or does he not count?  ???

The bench

I fail to see what is so retarded about Jonas sitting on the bench if someone else is on the left wing like, but fair enough.

Because you now have Marveaux and Jonas sitting on your bench...would like to see your team sheet against Arsenal...promising stuff!

I was refering to Sewelly's formation, which is what you were asking about, I've never even suggested what I would personaly play, just what I think Pardew would do.

But just to humour you:

Ba

Barfa

N'zogbia Cabaye Tiote Barton

No Jonas, no Marveaux.

Cheers for the laugh, come back when we see Barton on that right hand side again  :iamatwat:

Erm... aye dude. You win or whatever it is you want to hear  :thup:

Don't see how.

Where does mataudi fit in?!

Don't see how.

Bench.

Don't see how.

Bench.

Guest BooBoo

I can't believe this transfer window so far and its not even July.    :crazy2:

Contrast to last year, where it took until mid July to make our first signing: James Perch.

Difficult to know what to make of this one.

A few days ago the club were briefing that Charlie and his people were being mercenary.

Yet still word from his camp seems to be he is desperate to come to us.

One thing for sure is for Ashley to cough up it's going to have to be a good deal.

Reckon he might be interested at 7m, though so would plenty of other clubs.

Hoping this could still happen, would make for a great forward line.

Don't see how.

Bench.

As a CM/DM, Seeing as that is his best position? Can't say I've seen too much of him, but it doesn't semm like he is the same kind of player as those mentioned above. Will probably play alongside Tiote.

Why does everyone want Marveaux instead of Jonas on the left btw? Most of us haven't even seen him play ffs. But with Marveaux's injury record Jonas will probably play a lot anyway :)

And why he called him "insomnia" ?

He was an old, idiotic man and just couldn't pronounce his name properly. I think Charles thought it meant that Kinnear wasn't showing him respect. He was probably right!

I remember when he was publicly trying to sell Enrique :facepalm:.

He did everything in public. He'd have a shit out in the open if anyone would let him.

When Carroll decked N'Zogbia he practically invited the press to come and watch round two while muttering "it wuz just 'andbags" over and over again.

I don't think we should push the boat out to sign Zoggy, now that we've got Ben Arfa and Marveaux on board.

Even £9m is over the odds for a player of his ability in the last year of his contract.

Sorry if it seems like i'm harrassing you here like Cronky, but I disagree again with this one, 1 year on his contract or not there is competition to sign him. If there was a chance we could get him on a free in a year then I would agree, there isn't though.

I don't think we should push the boat out to sign Zoggy, now that we've got Ben Arfa and Marveaux on board.

Even £9m is over the odds for a player of his ability in the last year of his contract.

I disagree, I think N'Zogbia and Sturridge should both be players that we're going all out for and would both enhance our starting 11. Our movement on and off the ball would be potentially frightening.

Guest neesy111

Just because a player is in the last year on his contract should not detract us from paying £10M+ imo.  As Charlie will be an instant star and key member of our team and we should be trying all we can to get him back here.

For certain players being in the last year of the contract doesn't have a great affect on the price, just the willingness of the selling club to accept any offers. I think N'Zogbia falls into that category, there'll be offers of £8-10m for him.

Do you think £9m is over the odds for a player of his abilty? If you don't think it is an inflated price for his ability then the point about his contract becomes moot.

Do you think £9m is over the odds for a player of his abilty? If you don't think it is an inflated price for his ability then the point about his contract becomes moot.

Could we attract anyone a) better or b) if yes, cheaper?

I think the answer to both is no, so it's a no-brainer that we should pay whatever it takes (upto a certain limit of course but I think the limit is within our reach).