SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Hmm, starting to believe he's coming now, shouldn't get my hopes up.

We'll just have to be patient. If we know he wants to be here Whelan's in no position to fleece us and a compromise price will be agreed the closer it gets to the season. The only thing worse for Whelan than selling him to us is watching him join for free in 12 months time.

Player apparently wanting to come + player in last year of contract + relatively high asking price + Whelan vs Ashley = last day of transfer window.

I simply can't imagine Ashley not being a total tight cunt over this one.

dis-regarding whether we should just pay the fee or not, this is what pisses me off about the transfer window, it should close BEFORE the season starts.

Player apparently wanting to come + player in last year of contract + relatively high asking price + Whelan vs Ashley = last day of transfer window.

dis-regarding whether we should just pay the fee or not, this is what pisses me off about the transfer window, it should close BEFORE the season starts.

Aye, always thought that. Don't understand why it runs into the season at all.

i'm guessing the excuse is that so clubs can assess what they have during the first month, bollocks, do it in pre-season. if the rules were the same for everyone there'd be no advantage either way and every club could have a settled squad for the start of the season.

i'm guessing the excuse is that so clubs can assess what they have during the first month, bollocks, do it in pre-season. if the rules were the same for everyone there'd be no advantage either way and every club could have a settled squad for the start of the season.

They can assess what they need before the end of the current season anyway. The transfer window should really only be for signing the contracts, everything else should be going on all the time.

They can assess what they need before the end of the current season anyway. The transfer window should really only be for signing the contracts, everything else should be going on all the time.

yep. i dont think we'll ever get shot of the current system mind, it creates loads of a bluster and press attention on 'dramatic' transfers and keeps people watching SSN

Guest mimifrench

For what reason N'zogbia decided to leave Newcastle ?

If it was because you were relegated, it reveals something about him... so why do you want him to come back so strongly ?

After all, he left you in the worst moment...

Guest rosstoon

It was nothing to do with relegation we were still in the PL. Run ins with the boss at the time.

If it was because you were relegated, it reveals something about him... so why do you want him to come back so strongly ?

Our manager at the time, Joe Kinnear, called him Insomnia (l'insomnie) in an interview and it pissed him off basically.

Our 'manager' at the time insulted him live on national TV.

Guest mimifrench

Our manager at the time, Joe Kinnear, called him Insomnia (l'insomnie) in an interview and it p*ssed him off basically.

Ah ok i didn't know that. In France, N'zogbia is not very known, i mean before he was in the French selection.

Guest neesy111

Glenn Roeder's treatment of him was an utter disgrace.  It was zog's form which mainly got him the job full-time and then he just drops him instantly for that Irish twat.

Glenn Roeder's treatment of him was an utter disgrace.  It was zog's form which mainly got him the job full-time and then he just drops him instantly for that Irish twat.

Yeah, I think out of the two Roeder is actually more to blame. Kinnear is just more of an obvious cockend.

Anyway, we made some mistakes with him in the past. Now we've got the chance to make them all again!

He was 19 at the time and the only other natural wingers we had at the time were Milner who wasn't much older and Solano who was getting on. We needed another winger for sure to save him from the risk of burn out.

I don't remember the details as well as you, but I do remember thinking spending £5m on Duff at that time was going to be a disaster for Zog's development.