SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

Guest ykmkmdd

Have to be honest I'm not too bothered if we don't get Zog now, especially if we end up with Barnetta and Matuidi.

Thing that will piss me off will be if he goes to the mackems, though if he's holding out for the best offer I reckon Villa might come sniffing as a replacement for Young (plus McLeish tried to take him to Brum, so obviously rates him...)

Have to be honest I'm not too bothered if we don't get Zog now, especially if we end up with Barnetta and Matuidi.

Thing that will piss me off will be if he goes to the mackems, though if he's holding out for the best offer I reckon Villa might come sniffing as a replacement for Young (plus McLeish tried to take him to Brum, so obviously rates him...)

Nah I really want N'Zogbia back. For what we lose in cash we make up for in certainty that he can deliver in this league. Barnetta and Marveaux may end up flopping or not handling the Premier League well.

Nah I really want N'Zogbia back. For what we lose in cash we make up for in certainty that he can deliver in this league. Barnetta and Marveaux may end up flopping or not handling the Premier League well.

A few years ago I might have agreed, but the league is fucking dross in comparison to what it used to be.

Newcastle United end chase for Sunderland and Liverpool target Charles N’Zogbia

Newcastle United have reportedly ended their interest in Wigan Athletic winger Charles N'Zogbia.

The Mirror claims the Magpies have pulled out of the race to sign the Frenchman as they are unwilling to meet his £60,000-a-week wage demands.

The Tynesiders were prepared to pay the Latics’ £12 million asking price to bring the France international back to St James’ Park.

But boss Alan Pardew has baulked at the French high personal terms.

http://www.clicklancashire.com/sport/wigan-athletic-fc/129766-newcastle-united-end-chase-for-sunderland-and-liverpool-target-charles-n%E2%80%99zogbia.html

It's encouraging that we were willing to cough up the fee (if true), but would he deserve £60k a week?  Surely if he REALLY wants to come back here that much we could negotiate that down a bit?  Even if it goes down to 50k it would be great business for us!

It's encouraging that we were willing to cough up the fee (if true), but would he deserve £60k a week?  Surely if he REALLY wants to come back here that much we could negotiate that down a bit?  Even if it goes down to 50k it would be great business for us!

:nods:

I am beginning to wonder if we really are in for any of these "big" players, seems to be a lot of "bidding" but for some reason we do not progress...Hhhhmmmmm!!

The windows barely opened man. Nobody has signed anybody yet, these things take time.

I am beginning to wonder if we really are in for any of these "big" players, seems to be a lot of "bidding" but for some reason we do not progress...Hhhhmmmmm!!

The windows barely opened man. Nobody has signed anybody yet, these things take time.

Seriously. Most teams have done very little, if anything at all, and normally we'd be the same. We have three in and one out in June. Certainly not time to panic.

Imagine trying to rack up a bill like that in Sunderland.

I managed it a few months back

I am now the proud owner of the bridges 'shopping' centre, 30,000 unused passports, some keys and the first born son of every family/tribe in pennywell born between now and 2049

Guest firetotheworks

I don't believe for a second that he wants 60k a week tbh. Just a hunch based on him being desperate to come back like.

I don't believe for a second that he wants 60k a week tbh. Just a hunch based on him being desperate to come back like.

In that case he'll sign for us no doubt. Good to know.

Why? I can definitely see the little whinging party boy look after the biggest wage. If we were to match the highest, he would choose us though.

In that case he'll sign for us no doubt. Good to know.

Also the fact we will pay over £10 million for him so its a done deal then  ;D