SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

With our three signings so far, one was when we activated a clause and two were freebies, which meant that the earlier these deals were done, the better. With the other players we've been linked with - the guys that actually need to be negotiated with and paid for -  the later the deals are done, the better it is for us financially.

Show some fookin ambition Ashley and get your fat ass into gear ,you got the Carroll money so put your money were your mouth is  ;D

Stop calling him fat. He'll not buy him, out of spite if the insults continue.

Sorry big man  :coolsmiley:

Guest taps01

It'll go down to the last day, which probably means that Barnetta is going down to the last day as well. I can't imagine us signing two more wingers. If the reports about Barnetta having visited the club are true, then it probably means that everything is sorted and we just have to negotiate with Leverkusen/pull the trigger on the deal. But I suspect that N'Zogbia is our first choice and we'll be looking to buy him for a similar price to the one that Barnetta seems to have (£6m). If Whelan doesn't reduce his price on the last day or someone like Villa stump up the £9m then I can see us settling for Barnetta, although I'm not sure settling would be the right word since I very much think Barnetta would be a huge success in the Premiership.

What is certainly not going to happen is for us to complete deals now when we can shave off £2m or so if we wait 60 days. I know we're all desperate for our signings to be completed so we have a settled squad, but £2m is a lot of money, and with us needing 3 more players, we could potentially save up to £7-8m by waiting. And I don't think we're taking a risk in waiting because if anyone stumps up the cash now, then we can also bid that amount if need be.

Wigan will want to replace N'Zogbia so personally i cant see it going down to the last day. 

With our three signings so far, one was when we activated a clause and two were freebies, which meant that the earlier these deals were done, the better. With the other players we've been linked with - the guys that actually need to be negotiated with and paid for -  the later the deals are done, the better it is for us financially.

Or we miss them completely cos of sitting on the fence but surely that wont happen again we have learnt our lesson from that  :frantic: ;D

If the fee is the 'problem', then there is no problem because £9m is fair (even with one year left). Lets just do this now and stop fannying around.

doncha know that deals beome more complicated when a fee is involved and you don't want to pay it?

i think they are waiting on matuidi. if we get him then merveaqx left, cabaye right, or trio of matuidi,tiote,cabaye with merveaux/ben arfa behind a forward. if we don't get matuidi then tiote,cabaye in the middle, go for n'zogbia one side,merveaux on the other with ben arfa between them. same reasonong could go for barnetta.

I think they're also waiting to see what other bids are actually made for him.

Why bid £12m or whatever now if the likes of Sunderland & Villa are only going to bid £7-8m? Makes sense to hang on, wait until ourselves and Wigan know the competition, and then bid. If we have to pay £12m because those clubs are offering £10m or whatever (which I can't see) then so be it.

I think if they say offer £10m, and we match that and it comes down to the player's choice, we'll get him anyway.

I think they're also waiting to see what other bids are actually made for him.

Why bid £12m or whatever now if the likes of Sunderland & Villa are only going to bid £7-8m? Makes sense to hang on, wait until ourselves and Wigan know the competition, and then bid. If we have to pay £12m because those clubs are offering £10m or whatever (which I can't see) then so be it.

I think if they say offer £10m, and we match that and it comes down to the player's choice, we'll get him anyway.

The waiting game is a bit uncomfortable though!

I don't think there's any panic over this one, it's just a case of do we want him that much? We hold all the cards with Zog putting the word out that he wants to be here, which I believe 100%, sources or no sources. If we want him he's ours.

Just watched a vid of some of his goals/assists last season, some class strikes in there. He can hit a freekick now, got a shot on him. Dont remember him scoring to many long rangers for us.

Just watched a vid of some of his goals/assists last season, some class strikes in there. He can hit a freekick now, got a shot on him. Dont remember him scoring to many long rangers for us.

Try the opening day of the season against Bolton when Fat Sam arrived. He scored an absolute screamer.

Try the opening day of the season against Bolton when Fat Sam arrived. He scored an absolute screamer.

That was a cross imo.

That was a cross but the one a few weeks late at Boro was a screamer.

That was a cross but the one a few weeks late at Boro was a screamer.

Whatever. The point is he could hit a belting shot when he was here, he didn't magically develop all these attributes by moving to Wigan.