SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

It always amazes me just pay the extra wedge? We are talking about £2million as if its peanuts. FFS sake in the company I work for I don't like paying £10 more than I have to for something. Just because we got money doesn't mean we should piss it away.

it's about market value for a player like him entering into the last year of his contract - if our bid is 8m and it'll take 10m to get him then it'd be fucking stupid not to go the extra mile with the carroll money in the bank still

N'Zogbia would be a massive upgrade on Barton, probably like for like in wages too.

Although I tend to agree, they are completely differant players. Barton offers something that none of other seemingly ever-growing attack minded players can, I feel we may be relying far too much on flair and pace when we start overlooking players like Barton (and even Nolan, although to a much lesser extent), who has proven to do an extremely effective job week in week out.

It always amazes me just pay the extra wedge? We are talking about £2million as if its peanuts. FFS sake in the company I work for I don't like paying £10 more than I have to for something. Just because we got money doesn't mean we should p*ss it away.

it's about market value for a player like him entering into the last year of his contract - if our bid is 8m and it'll take 10m to get him then it'd be f***ing stupid not to go the extra mile with the carroll money in the bank still

That'll probably happen if this is the situation mid to late August, but there's no reason whatsoever just to splash the cash when there's plenty of time to haggle yet.

It always amazes me just pay the extra wedge? We are talking about £2million as if its peanuts. FFS sake in the company I work for I don't like paying £10 more than I have to for something. Just because we got money doesn't mean we should p*ss it away.

it's about market value for a player like him entering into the last year of his contract - if our bid is 8m and it'll take 10m to get him then it'd be f***ing stupid not to go the extra mile with the carroll money in the bank still

That'll probably happen if this is the situation mid to late August, but there's no reason whatsoever just to splash the cash when there's plenty of time to haggle yet.

I wouldn't say this is a deal to be haggling with, i'd be more than happy to throw the 10 million and pinch Charlie now than haggle to get 8 million and the thought of other clubs joining the hunt at the price.

Man Utd have done their business well so far for me, name the targets, throw a price and grab them before Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea jump in. Although the deals have been slightly overpriced argueably, at least they will be theirs for future years to come rather than at another rival!

I wouldn't say this is a deal to be haggling with, i'd be more than happy to throw the 10 million and pinch Charlie now than haggle to get 8 million and the thought of other clubs joining the hunt at the price.

Man Utd have done their business well so far for me, name the targets, throw a price and grab them before Liverpool/Arsenal/Chelsea jump in. Although the deals have been slightly overpriced argueably, at least they will be theirs for future years to come rather than at another rival!

As it stands though there's no other offers for him is there? The likely candidates will be Villa & Sunderland. If we offer the same as them I reckon he'll choose us over them. I just don't see the panic yet.

Guest rosstoon

@CaulkinTheTimes@SunderlandEcho@SAFCNews@Fourth_Official N'Zogbia just arrived at the SOL.

s**** or true?

just seen it on another forum but dont go on twitter so cant check

Think he is in MIAMI

Would Man Utd have been better off going for N'Zogbia instead of Young? He'd cost half as much and be on half the wages and is (imo) probably as good. The only real thing I can think of which swings it in Young's favour is that he's English. Same goes for the Downing/Liverpool speculation.

Would Man Utd have been better off going for N'Zogbia instead of Young? He'd cost half as much and be on half the wages and is (imo) probably as good. The only real thing I can think of which swings it in Young's favour is that he's English. Same goes for the Downing/Liverpool speculation.

for the squad thing i think n'zogbia counts as english now that he's been in the country so long. if not he wont be far off. simple fact is young is better than n'zogbia. n'zogbia plays in bursts, young is more consistent throughout the game.

We have £35 million to spend (not all in one go) and Pardew said it would be reinvested and players coming in to get bums off seats ,Zog is not pissing money away and if he does come in it will mean Guitterez leaving imho .

Although I agree he is worth 10m, if we 'just paid' that extra two million on every decent player we are linked with it could end up with the budget not being left to buy all the players we were originally planning for..?

It also puts us at a disadvantage with future transfers as clubs will be aware we are willing to pay that little extra to secure a deal quickly.

simple fact is young is better than n'zogbia.

:nope:

Alternatively, from that article yesterday:

It’s thought that wages – contrary to reports – are not the sticking point for the 25-year-old, with the transfer fee very much determining whether N’Zogbia will be grounded at Wigan or not.

Alternatively, from that article yesterday:

It’s thought that wages – contrary to reports – are not the sticking point for the 25-year-old, with the transfer fee very much determining whether N’Zogbia will be grounded at Wigan or not.

Not saying that article is not right, but that'll still be 13 journos to 1.

Don't just post the link man.

Newcastle and Sunderland face D-Day over Charles N'Zogbia bid

Jun 26 2011 by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

NEWCASTLE and Sunderland are set to go to war this week by stepping up their efforts to land Charles N'Zogbia.

But as the Tyne-Wear rivals face D-Day over the French star’s future, both fear being priced out of the market – with Liverpool emerging as favourites to land the Wigan Athletic winger.

The 25-year-old has a year left on his contract at the DW Stadium, and at the risk of losing him for nothing in a year’s time, owner Dave Whelan has let it be known that he is ready to cash in on N’Zogbia to the tune of £9m.

N’Zogbia’s wages are understood to be in the region of £60,000 a week.

That, along with the transfer fee, could prove prohibitive to both United and the Black Cats.

And the Anfield outfit – awash with cash for promising young players these days – have moved into pole position for the player.

Sources in the North West last night suggested that should Newcastle fail in their bid to re-sign N’Zogbia, they may turn their attention to cut-price alternative Keith Treacy.

The Preston North End left winger – a Republic of Ireland international – has attracted the attention of Burnley, Hull City and Ipswich Town.

The Sunday Sun understands United have now made an enquiry about the player, who is available for around £1.5m.

United have also been linked with Sochaux midfielder Ryad Boudebouz, but the 21-year-old appears to be nearing a move to Liverpool.

“Things happen quickly in football,” he said.

“I will only say that I am no longer certain of staying put at Sochaux.”

Meanwhile, Sunderland were last night closing in on a deal to land Birmingham City midfielder Craig Gardner.

The 24-year-old was the Blues’ top scorer with 11 goals last season, but was unable to prevent them from relegation.

And Newcastle are believed to be interested in Moussa Sissoko, according to his agent.

Liverpool and Inter Milan are also monitoring the situation.

Newcastle and Sunderland face D-Day over Charles N'Zogbia bid

Jun 26 2011 by Steve Brown, Sunday Sun

And Newcastle are believed to be interested in Moussa Sissoko, according to his agent.

Liverpool and Inter Milan are also monitoring the situation.

FM-tastic :)