SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I'd like to think he'd prefer to come here but I don't think anyone (including the club, if they do want him) can just expect him to sit back and wait for us. If Villa offer a good package and meet the asking price he'll go there.

Am I the only one that thinks £9 million is a total bargain?

We'd be stupid not to go for in for that price. It's not even considerably more than we sold him for and he's twice the player now. :dontknow:

The price is fine, but the sticking point is whether he's worth £60k a week.  I doubt we'll stump up the cash.

We'd be stupid not to go for in for that price. It's not even considerably more than we sold him for and he's twice the player now. :dontknow:

I don't disagree, this madness of a thought process that goes along the lines of he's in the last year of his contract and we can get him for free next summer, ignores the simple fact that he'll have way better options than us next year. It's either pay 9 mill and get him now or not get him at all.

Another thing is that these young English players are going for extortionate money because they're homegrown. N'Zogbia is not only homegrown, but he counts as one of our club grown players too.

So he's exactly what we need as a player - pace, dribbling, directness, set-pieces etc, full French international, already settled in the league and the area, counts as one of our club-grown players and is available for seemingly £9 million.

The price is fine, but the sticking point is whether he's worth £60k a week.  I doubt we'll stump up the cash.

I don't think that's what's being reported at all. All the quotes i've seen suggest his contract demand are 'reasonable'.

Another thing is that these young English players are going for extortionate money because they're homegrown. N'Zogbia is not only homegrown, but he counts as one of our club grown players too.

So he's exactly what we need as a player - pace, dribbling, directness, set-pieces etc, full French international, already settled in the league and the area, counts as one of our club-grown players and is available for seemingly £9 million.

Yep. He's got it all and in my eyes its a complete no-brainer. We should offer him the top of the wage limit too (especially if Enrique, Smith and Xisco leave). If this doesn't go through I'm gonna hit something!

Stop pissing about. Throw £9m at Wigan, £20m at Chelsea, hand out a couple of 60k a week or whatever contracts and let's get on with this f***ing summer.

Honestly man, are we seriously stumbling over whether to sign quality players like Zoggy and Sturridge or not?!

Stop pissing about. Throw £9m at Wigan, £20m at Chelsea, hand out a couple of 60k a week or whatever contracts and let's get on with this f***ing summer.

Honestly man, are we seriously stumbling over whether to sign quality players like Zoggy and Sturridge or not?!

Get them two in and keep injuries down and we could have a very good season.

"N'Zogbia was a player we were interested but you need to find value for money and we didn't feel he quite represented that. But we're more than happy with who we've brought in, I know Stephen had some problems with injuries last year but we feel he can really benefit from a fresh start and be a quality player for us."

Whilst Mike Ashley is the owner of this football club, we won't be spending £20 million on individual players.

Guest Roger Kint

Whilst Mike Ashley is the owner of this football club, we won't be spending £20 million on individual players.

Unlike every other NUFC owner?

Well yes. Even when we've had a £35m windfall, the excuse for everything is that we have a large debt. If we can't spend £20m on a player, why can we spend £10m? Or £5m?

Guest Chubby Jason

Actually f*** this, can't be arsed arguing this yet again.

Only way to preserve your sanity.

Actually f*** this, can't be arsed arguing this yet again.

Only way to preserve your sanity.

Ignoring reality is a symptom of insanity not a cure.

Unpalatable as it may seem the best chance we have of getting new ownership is for Ashley to get the debt to a lower level (or at least stop it increasing) thus making the club more marketable. Those who have a zero/low tolerance of Ashley would surely welcome that?

Unpalatable as it may seem the best chance we have of getting new ownership is for Ashley to get the debt to a lower level (or at least stop it increasing) thus making the club more marketable.

Would the club be more marketable as a bunch of bargain basement nobodies kicking around with the dregs of the premier league, or being on foreign TV every week playing good football with exciting players?  Seems like the kind of people willing to invest in a football club are not really people who get their excitement from balance sheets alone.