SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

I cant see this management ever agreeing to buy someone back for more than they sold him for.

Exactly, can't see it happening.

On the other hand didn't we bid for him in January?

I cant see this management ever agreeing to buy someone back for more than they sold him for.

Exactly, can't see it happening.

On the other hand didn't we bid for him in January?

That was never a serious bid - was so late in the day it was a joke

Actually funny that when that "bid" was made, I think the first few pages were people saying not what we need when we've sold a striker, yet I reckon we'd have finished 8th if we'd had him.

It's this thread. The first few pages are people laughing at our sheer stupidity. :lol:

Guest neesy111

I wonder if we have a sell on fee for him....

We didn't have one for Milner did we?

Nope, but that was because we extracted a stupid fee from Villa for him.  This transfer was different.

Guest Geordiesned

Luke Edwards (Journal reporter):

For those asking abt N'Zogbia both #safc & #nufc reluctant to match £60,000-a-week wage demands let alone fee of between £12-9m #stalemate

Guest taps01

With all our links to wingers I still believe that we are going to sign one but it doesnt look like it will be Charles or Barnetta.  Who else have we been linked to who plays this position?

With all our links to wingers I still believe that we are going to sign one but it doesnt look like it will be Charles or Barnetta.  Who else have we been linked to who plays this position?

Treacy.

Guest taps01

Treacy.

:icon_puke_r:

Actually funny that when that "bid" was made, I think the first few pages were people saying not what we need when we've sold a striker, yet I reckon we'd have finished 8th if we'd had him.

It's this thread. The first few pages are people laughing at our sheer stupidity. :lol:

Yep. :lol:

Plus....

Jesus, 10m.  Glad it got rejected tbh.

No, just f***ing no.  :nope:

nah, no thanks. he's a good player but with all his issues and attitude and history him and nufc are not compatible.

Are we collecting left-sided midfielders like?

What a farce.

FUUUUUCCCKKKK, we've sold our big f***er of a forward who was our main goal outlet. Let's buy a little moody French winger  :kinnear:

...etc. with the odd one hoping he came.

In what way?

He left because he wanted too and went from being the talented but inconsistent kid into one of the best wingers in the division.

Do you think Man Utd would be stupid if they attempted to sign Pique back for a few million more than they sold him for?

when villa make a bid, hopefully thatll force us to make a move. if we fail to buy zoggy, we've f***ed it up big time!

Even if the reported £12million fee and 65k wages are true?

I'd be tempted to look elsewhere for that price like.

It won't be that price though. I doubt it will even be as high as the £9m that they are asking from CL clubs.

It's all well and good saying that we're put off by the fee and wages, but if we WERE in for Gervinho, he would've probably cost the same if not more.  For me, N'Zogbia would always have been a better choice than Gervinho, and if we were interested in him for that money then there's no reason we shouldn't spend the same on N'Zogbia.

I agree with keeping the salary cap in place for some first teamers and the squad players, but to get the players that are going to take your team to the next level, you're going to have to be willing to break that cap (Ben Arfa, Tiote, Coloccini)!

I don't necessarily agree that N'Zogbia deserves that sort of money, but even negotiating him down a little bit puts him on par with salaries we've just cut like Nolan, Campbell and other potential departures (Smith, fingers crossed), surely it's not beyond us to work out a deal if we are genuinely interested?

when villa make a bid, hopefully thatll force us to make a move. if we fail to buy zoggy, we've f***ed it up big time!

Even if the reported £12million fee and 65k wages are true?

I'd be tempted to look elsewhere for that price like.

Why?  We already offered £12m in January and if he signed I always expected him to be on about £55k-£60k.