SSN: Charles N'Zogbia to the mackems off

Tooj

In a way I hope Liverpool get Downing soon, so that Villa make the expected offer for N'Zogbia and we find out if we're actually bothered or not.

Valid point.

In a way I hope Liverpool get Downing soon, so that Villa make the expected offer for N'Zogbia and we find out if we're actually bothered or not.

I honestly don't think we expect to sign him unless the price drops to about £6-7million. Then it might become the opportunistic bonus signing which will fit into our allocated budget.

Guest WashyGeordie

But if they bid £10million or whatever the price tag is, then i don't think we will be in for him, sadly.

But if they bid £10million or whatever the price tag is, then i don't think we will be in for him, sadly.

The player still has a say in it though, you could theoretically bid 9m and the player refuses to go elsewhwere. /perfect scenario

Where is the source of this alleged interest all from? Is it just newcastle fans who seem to have this idea? Genuine non-pisstake question.

From us? The multiple reports from the local press and journalists.

Got no problem with waiting until deadline day and getting him, providing we take 9 points from the games in August that we'd be sacrificing.

Wow.

I bang the drum every year on here about getting players in before the season starts, should have them in by the start of pre-season as far as I'm concerned. Should never be in a position where you're risking a single point over the issue, especially after the millions of pounds that one point cost us last season, after the one point that saw us relegated.

We're playing sunderland in August ffs.

This time I'm with Wullie, why on earth should it take until deadline day to sew this up?

No other clubs have bid, there are no complications.  We simply just have to make an offer we already made in January and give him a wage one of the best wingers in the country deserves.

This time I'm with Wullie, why on earth should it take until deadline day to sew this up?

No other clubs have bid, there are no complications.  We simply just have to make an offer we already made in January and give him a wage one of the best wingers in the country deserves.

The offer we made in January was before we bought Marveaux. That might have changed the dynamics and the urgency as compared to January I suspect.

The offer we made in January was before we bought Marveaux. That might have changed the dynamics and the urgency as compared to January I suspect.

I think this is right, and just can't see us competing for him when clubs come in. His pedigree will command a decent price.

He might still be on our list in case we can wangle a bargain - but I just can't see that in his case.

Fuck me, do people still really think this may happen. How much cash do you think is left after the new under soil heating and the water bore. We're being played for fools yet again and yet again we're falling for all the bullshit.

Not saying I don't want him back but I recall that he was always more comfortable on the left and with HBA and Marvel is it possible we're looking for a right footer, From memory the Zog never played that well on the right.

He played class for Wigan on right at times like, I reckon we will get him and they will play nzog, ben arfa and barton/jonas/marveaux all swapping free styleeeeeee.

Tiote lacing the foook out of the other team and cabaye keeping things moving.

I am going to be so dissapointed aren't I.

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

N'zogbia will have to get real with wage demands to end up at either #safc or #nufc. He's being ridiculous expecting 60

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

With Zog on the right, we have an midfield that will cause a bulge in my pants. That setup has so much force that Long might actually work. He's quick and has a good work ethic. In other words: He will create space for our midfield . Bellamy did the same job. Didn't score many goals (1 in 3 ratio) but his movements gave Big Al the space he needed..

LukeEdwardsTele Luke Edwards

N'zogbia will have to get real with wage demands to end up at either #safc or #nufc. He's being ridiculous expecting 60

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

60? it wont be so ridiculous if a big team comes in for him..

why are we hesitating on getting Zog for 9m when we are contemplating getting Long for 10million? ZXog is much more worthy..

Not saying I don't want him back but I recall that he was always more comfortable on the left and with HBA and Marvel is it possible we're looking for a right footer, From memory the Zog never played that well on the right.

N'Zogbia is a right winger now. Playing there has made him the player he is.

nufcjb: we'll never pay 10 mill for Long..  And it  could be dangerous to make an exemption regarding the wage structure. Could set precedence for future contract negotiations.