Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I know it's a path we've been stung down before, but how about a player he brought to England himself, Benayoun? Think he'd give us something we've lacked this season and he might just fancy a team where he'd get first team football again after a few years warming Liverpool and Chelsea's bench.

Not sure if it's realistic, although I don't see why not. But I'd love to sign Chris Samba. Absolute beast, was class yesterday, got them a point by himself basically. Compliment Colo perfectly. Few players at Blackburn I'd have, including Hoillet, N'Zonzi, Jones and Olsson.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Central Defence

Hangelaand

Samba

Midfield

Martin

Forwards

Odemwinge

Ba

Guest dover

Adebayor, man city to bung him a few million bonus to lower his wage demands, 15 million transfer..happy days.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Neither Hangelaand or Samba are realistic imo

Why?

Samba will be looking for a way out.

If arsenal and wengar are stupid enough not to take him we would be a good bet

Hangelaand may be a bit mote difficult

Guest sicko2ndbest

Adebayor, man city to bung him a few million bonus to lower his wage demands, 15 million transfer..happy days.

Wouldn't want a player who would cost a fortune onlyvto throw a hussy fit when things arnt going his way

I'd love to see us go for Demba Ba, Odemwingie and Bucky O'Hara. All have shown they're capable in this league and hopefully wouldn't command a big transfer fee in the summer.

Why?

We'd be a sideways move for both of them and those generally don't work out too well.

If nothing else Fulham and Blackburn would demand absurd fees.

Odemwingie would be too old for us imo, given he would cost a fee anyway.

Wasn't Sir Les 28 when we got him? We could get a good 2-3 years out of him, which would be worth a go if the fee is right of course.

I would like to see us go for Bendtner, i think Wenger will let him go if a decent offer came in as we wont be a regular with RVP around.

Yeh I'd like him too. He thinks he can do better, but those teams don't. And when they don't bid for him, thats when we swoop!

Odemwingie would be too old for us imo, given he would cost a fee anyway.

Wasn't Sir Les 28 when we got him? We could get a good 2-3 years out of him, which would be worth a go if the fee is right of course.

We didn't have Mike Ashley when we signed Sir Les.

Why?

We'd be a sideways move for both of them and those generally don't work out too well.

If nothing else Fulham and Blackburn would demand absurd fees.

I reckon we're a higher profile club than those two. Fees demanded would be a problem as you say, but would also depend on their respective contractual situations. I think we'd get Samba if we went in for him.

The question isn't if they'd join us, it's whether better teams will join the bidding. And you have to think they will, Arsenal and Liverpool for a start....

Fair comment. Both clubs though have well documented problems in defence. I reckon they'll splash big bucks on recognized centre halves from Europe. Again.

Guest WashyGeordie

What about Per Ciljan Skjelbred?

It's not funny anymore.

Is that a no then?

How much would Balázs Dzsudzsák cost? Lovely left foot!

Looks like a great prospect, probably would cost around 13m, but he's contracted until 2015 and doesn't particularly want to leave, and also has clubs like Juve and Liverpool after him.

Really hope the reports are true and that we are going for pacey, skilful attacking players like Dzsudzsák and Marvin Martin.