Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

I've decided that I really really really really want us to sign Bendtner.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/12/23/1230027903260/bendtner-001.jpg

Willing to hand write a desperate plea and deliver it to him by hand if any other forum members would care to lend their signature?  :smug:

I've decided that I really really really really want us to sign Bendtner.

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2008/12/23/1230027903260/bendtner-001.jpg

Willing to hand write a desperate plea and deliver it to him by hand if any other forum members would care to lend their signature?  :smug:

Are you gay or female btw?

Why is there so much love for Bendtner, honest question.

Good question.

I guess I would settle for him on deadline day if no other striker had been signed.

Shame we don't have the cash to sign him until we shift some of the unwanted players.

Why is there so much love for Bendtner, honest question.

Good question.

I guess I would settle for him on deadline day if no other striker had been signed.

I'd still be quite annoyed really. Everytime I see him, he's turboshit. My 2 Arsenal mates at work who watch him  a lot more regularly than myself despise him and they gleefully hope we'll end up with him.

I think we would suit him. He would consistently start for us and up front too, which is something he hasn't necessarily been getting at Arsenal. He'd also be pretty much worshipped if he was a success as our number 9, something which he clearly longs for/feels he deserves.

I'm not saying he would suddenly become world class but I think for where we are now he's just about the best we could do and it would be a good move both for him and us.

I see your point. The step down from Arsenal might be what it takes to reign in his ego a bit too, which could in turn see a better, more focused player. I just don't rate him at all personally and would probably get mocked ridiculously at work if we sign him  :lol:

Has a solid goal scoring record in the eeePL.  Has Arsenal pedigree.  Strong mentality.  Can lead the line.  Can play as a second striker.  Perfect for us.

Awesome.

Too expensive.  Wenger is a c***.

Not awesome.

btw a massive ego is exactly what a striker needs.  Just so full of self confidence; nothing will dent him. 

Remember his shocking display against Burnley?  He only went and smashed a hat trick past Porto in the Champions League a few days latter.

What a man.

I see your point. The step down from Arsenal might be what it takes to reign in his ego a bit too, which could in turn see a better, more focused player. I just don't rate him at all personally and would probably get mocked ridiculously at work if we sign him  :lol:

to be honest a lot of the games I've seen him play he hasn't exactly stood out, but then at times he does show flashes of brilliance. I can't remember who Arsenal were playing but there was a game last season when they were desperately searching for a goal and Bendtner beat a defender to a long ball, controlled it superbly, turned another defender and then hammered it past the keeper.

He looked so determined to score. I think if he was in the right frame of mind he could still become a very good player. He is only 23 afterall. I think with a consistent run of games up front he could get a bit of momentum going and maybe even notch 15-20 goals. Undeniably would be a bit of a gamble though.

I see your point. The step down from Arsenal might be what it takes to reign in his ego a bit too, which could in turn see a better, more focused player. I just don't rate him at all personally and would probably get mocked ridiculously at work if we sign him  :lol:

to be honest a lot of the games I've seen him play he hasn't exactly stood out, but then at times he does show flashes of brilliance. I can't remember who Arsenal were playing but there was a game last season when they were desperately searching for a goal and Bendtner beat a defender to a long ball, controlled it superbly, turned another defender and then hammered it past the keeper.

He looked so determined to score. I think if he was in the right frame of mind he could still become a very good player. He is only 23 afterall. I think with a consistent run of games up front he could get a bit of momentum going and maybe even notch 15-20 goals. Undeniably would be a bit of a gamble though.

To be fair that goal against us in the league cup was pretty good, just leathered it in I was just sitting there like really? Did he just do that? I don't know, I think his determination is admirable, but to me he's very hit and miss and reminds me of Shola. Decent once every 10 or 15 games. As you say though, he is still young. I'd still wish him all the best and support him if he were to come here, I'd just assume we could get better with our funds available to us right now.

Bendtner is miles better than Shola.  Serious.  I get what you were trying to do with the comparison, but please don't.  Hell, even the comparison is inaccurate.

Bendtner is far more consistent and far more determined than Shola.  He's also twice the player on any given day.

Bendtner is not consistent infront of goal like Shola but is consistent in actually being able to control the ball when it's passed to him etc unlike Shola. I'd take him here in a heartbeat. He should only going to get better too and as he is first choice and leads the line for a decent nation even if he didn't you'd still probably break even on sale fee should we be so inclined so he doesn't really represent a gamble for me other that in we probably wouldn't have anymore money left for new boreholes or boat trips.

Bendtner is miles better than Shola.  Serious.  I get what you were trying to do with the comparison, but please don't.  Hell, even the comparison is inaccurate.

Bendtner is far more consistent and far more determined than Shola.  He's also twice the player on any given day.

Yeah I think it was a bit of an  exaggeration by me there  :cheesy: