Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

If the Naylor deal is dead in the water?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7035778,00.html

Tottenham's highly-rated young defender Adam Smith insists that he is willing to leave the club on a permanent basis in order to feed his hunger for regular first-team football next season.

The 20-year-old was virtually an ever-present for Bournemouth last season during a season-long loan stint on the South Coast and was offered a contract to return permanently at the end of the season.

The England Under-20 international opted to sign a new contract extension at White Hart Lane instead, but feels his future may still lie away from the Premier League outfit.

EDIT: Wait, he's a rightback.  Sure he played on the left for Spurs reserves at one point but maybe I've had a brain failure.

He's a proper right back. Looked shit hot at 16-17, then has been working his way up the loan leagues. Before I left for the States, he was looking like he might break through, but have not seen much of him since then. Good reviews at Bournemouth. His problem is that Kyle Walker will be ahead of him in the pecking order, and I don't think Corluka will move for a little while.

I'd love him to get a loan deal with yourselves, actually. Might be one year too soon.

Adam Smith eh?

I just hope it won't cost the wealth of nations to sign him :nile:

oldtype, trying to prove to colocho he's not stupid and ignorant eh ?

Oldtype, having agonized for weeks over whether this joke is too lame or not, finally deciding that he doesn't give a toss.

Adam Smith eh?

Oldtype, having agonized for weeks over whether this joke is too lame or not, finally deciding that he doesn't give a toss.

Too economical with the humour.

Adam Smith eh?

:snod:

Colocho, the very idea of you claiming to be my intellectual superior, or anyone's intellectual superior for that matter, is comical to the extreme.

I don't know how to say this in a non-douchebag way so umm.... Man, you're not that bright.

Adam Smith eh?

:snod:

Colocho, the very idea of you claiming to be my intellectual superior, or anyone's intellectual superior for that matter, is comical to the extreme.

I don't know how to say this in a non-douchebag way so umm.... Man, you're not that bright.

http://creative.myspace.com/design/_mac/the_game/images/judge4.jpg

Desperate.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're so dim yet you think you're some kind of intellectual. It's genuinely sad.

You probably sincerely believe that you just made a snappy, intelligent comeback.

In reality all you did was post a picture of some guy who has about as much in common with me as Vladimir Putin does with you.

See, this is exactly what I'm talking about. You're so dim yet you think you're some kind of intellectual. It's genuinely sad.

You probably sincerely believe that you just made a snappy, intelligent comeback.

In reality all you did was post a picture of some guy who has about as much in common with me as Vladimir Putin does with you.

Mate, you must live a painful life.

From what we've heard of Marveaux he's similar player to Kranjcar really.

:dowie:

You have already responded to this statement. I would agree that it is incorrect, but you need to let old battles die.

O-Daaaaaa.

Sounds like Onuoha is out of favour at Man City.  Would be tempted to get him as cover at CB and RB, or even pushing for a first team spot.

He would be first choice at right back or centre back.

From what we've heard of Marveaux he's similar player to Kranjcar really.

:dowie:

Oh fuck off man.

From what I've heard he's a left sided player who can drift and play centrally. This may differ to your undying wisdom on the player, but it is what I have read and heard. Even if they're not similar players, they're similar in a positional sense which would prevent them both playing at the same time (especially when you consider other players on our books). This was the fundamental point I was making.

Like I said, fuck off. You're growing more tiresome with every post.

Sounds like Onuoha is out of favour at Man City.  Would be tempted to get him as cover at CB and RB, or even pushing for a first team spot.

He would be first choice at right back or centre back.

A year or two ago, I'd have agreed.  I think his stock has fallen a little.

He's a definite improvement on Simpson.

I know I have just said exactly the same thing but as you're an Everton fan...

Fuck you, better than Tony Hibbert!! ROFL! Hibbert! (don't care about Coleman).

I know I have just said exactly the same thing but as you're an Everton fan...

Fuck you, better than Tony Hibbert!! ROFL! Hibbert! (don't care about Coleman).

You're forgetting Phil Neville. The way he shackled Bale made me highly aroused.

I kind of posted it thinking of him as a CB - but yes, I would pick him over Simpson.  Not sure there is a huge huge amount in it though.

Just what we need - good player, not too expensive and can cover those 2 positions.  Is he on tour at the minute?