Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

From what we've heard of Marveaux he's similar player to Kranjcar really. Not sure there's room for Kranjcar, Ben Arfa and Marveaux. I'd still take him, but I'd rather somebody who can play comfortably on the right.

So he'd leave being a squad player at Spurs to be one here?  :razz:

Well in all honesty i've never really seen Marveaux play so he would be higher up in pecking order and i've only seen Cabaye play once and i'd have Kranjcar ahead of him.

Definitly think he would improve our team, he's a class act.

Obviously could turn out Marveaux and Cabaye are both better but i'm not in a place to judge.

So he'd leave being a squad player at Spurs to be one here?  :razz:

Well in all honesty i've never really seen Marveaux play so he would be higher up in pecking order and i've only seen Cabaye play once and i'd have Kranjcar ahead of him.

Obviously could turn out Marveaux and Cabaye are both better but i'm not in a place to judge.

Kranjcar is a much better football player than Marveaux.

So he'd leave being a squad player at Spurs to be one here?  :razz:

Well there you go, the resident Sylvain Marveaux expert has spoken.

:lol:

If the Naylor deal is dead in the water?

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_7035778,00.html

Tottenham's highly-rated young defender Adam Smith insists that he is willing to leave the club on a permanent basis in order to feed his hunger for regular first-team football next season.

The 20-year-old was virtually an ever-present for Bournemouth last season during a season-long loan stint on the South Coast and was offered a contract to return permanently at the end of the season.

The England Under-20 international opted to sign a new contract extension at White Hart Lane instead, but feels his future may still lie away from the Premier League outfit.

EDIT: Wait, he's a rightback.  Sure he played on the left for Spurs reserves at one point but maybe I've had a brain failure.

:lol:

Sewelly, fucking hell, your on fire right now. :lol:

Guest Antec

I'm still impressed we got 8m for him after being relegated

To give them their dues they get some decent fees for players, Given excluded obviously

I'm still impressed we got 8m for him after being relegated

To give them their dues they get some decent fees for players, Given excluded obviously

We sold Zog too cheap as well, but then having Kinnear as manager at the time didn't help.

Guest levi914

N'Gog might be a reasonable option as a secondary quick striker, though I doubt Liverpool would sell him

I think Liverpool value him more then he is worth. I think we should go for Welbeck. loads of people are saying Sturridge over and over but never hear Welbeck mentioned!

Roux price remains the same

Brest chairman Michel Guyot has reiterated the club's stance regarding star striker Nolan Roux.

The 23-year-old forward is a summer target for German outfit Schalke, with two bids having already been knocked back.

The second of those offers was believed to be in the region of €6.5million (£5.7m).

That is still some way short of Brest's valuation and Guyot insists the club will not be dropping their asking price.

"I have had no contact with Nolan Roux recently," he told L'Equipe.

"But he will only leave for €8million (£7m). There is no point signing a contract if you can't respect it later on."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_7047187,00.html

Roux price remains the same

Brest chairman Michel Guyot has reiterated the club's stance regarding star striker Nolan Roux.

The 23-year-old forward is a summer target for German outfit Schalke, with two bids having already been knocked back.

The second of those offers was believed to be in the region of €6.5million (£5.7m).

That is still some way short of Brest's valuation and Guyot insists the club will not be dropping their asking price.

"I have had no contact with Nolan Roux recently," he told L'Equipe.

"But he will only leave for €8million (£7m). There is no point signing a contract if you can't respect it later on."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_7047187,00.html

That's well in our price range imo......