Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

After this mornings "one or two more" quotes I am suitably deflated on the transfer front.

Please pleasantly surprise me before I slip into a deep dark spiral of bitter recrimination against the fat pleb and greek bloke (Derekos).

Annan leaving Schalke. Sign him up.

No thanks.

Him and Tiote away during jan, sounds a plan.

People serious overestimate the Nations Cup. The players are gone at most five weeks in a season that takes place over the course of ten months. Unlike injury, you also will have an entire year to come up for a contingency plan during this time. You shouldn't let it hinder the improvement of your squad.

I easily take Annan on free with a low contract. Would be an ok backup for Tiote.

Still think we should sign Thomas Hitzlsperger on free transfer. Then we would have someone who isn't afraid to shoot from long range. He can also play left back.

http://cdn.whoscored.com/img/blog/2011%2F7%2Fpremleaguekesspass.png

"It’s clear to see how much the absence of Thomas Hitzlsperger affected West Ham’s chances of survival last season. Plagued with a thigh injury for much of the season, the German didn’t make his league debut till late February, going on to play every minute of his 11 appearances in a Hammers shirt. Despite playing for the bottom-of-the-table side, Hitzlsperger made more Key Passes (3.09) per game than any other player in the Premier League.

For West Ham, no player made more Passes per game than Hitzlsperger, as he orchestrated matters from the middle of the pitch. His distribution was varied; 2 Crosses and 3 Long Balls per game as he looked to set up chances for his forwards. The German showed little need for Successful Dribbles, instead looking to shoot when he could; his 2 Shots per game were the same as Cesc Fabregas here, as he found the net on 2 occasions."

source: http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/n85Z15RtW0-PXaf9yMIG0w/Show/Premier-League-Top-10-Key-Passers-

Annan leaving Schalke. Sign him up.

No thanks.

Him and Tiote away during jan, sounds a plan.

People serious overestimate the Nations Cup. The players are gone at most five weeks in a season that takes place over the course of ten months. Unlike injury, you also will have an entire year to come up for a contingency plan during this time. You shouldn't let it hinder the improvement of your squad.

5 weeks on average = 5 games (probably a cup game in there mind) plus a chance of getting injured. Losing two very similar players at that time is idiotic, especially when the league is so tight, 5 games = 15 points and when Euro spaces, top ten finishes and relegations are decided on 1 point it matters.

We lost Tiote at around that time and dropped two points against the mackems and two against the Spuds, 4 more points and we'd have made an extra £3.5m, or an extra Tiote and finished top ten ahead of those dire cunts.

Guest schmuck

I easily take Annan on free with a low contract. Would be an ok backup for Tiote.

Still think we should sign Thomas Hitzlsperger on free transfer. Then we would have someone who isn't afraid to shoot from long range. He can also play left back.

http://cdn.whoscored.com/img/blog/2011%2F7%2Fpremleaguekesspass.png

"It’s clear to see how much the absence of Thomas Hitzlsperger affected West Ham’s chances of survival last season. Plagued with a thigh injury for much of the season, the German didn’t make his league debut till late February, going on to play every minute of his 11 appearances in a Hammers shirt. Despite playing for the bottom-of-the-table side, Hitzlsperger made more Key Passes (3.09) per game than any other player in the Premier League.

For West Ham, no player made more Passes per game than Hitzlsperger, as he orchestrated matters from the middle of the pitch. His distribution was varied; 2 Crosses and 3 Long Balls per game as he looked to set up chances for his forwards. The German showed little need for Successful Dribbles, instead looking to shoot when he could; his 2 Shots per game were the same as Cesc Fabregas here, as he found the net on 2 occasions."

source: http://www.whoscored.com/Blog/n85Z15RtW0-PXaf9yMIG0w/Show/Premier-League-Top-10-Key-Passers-

Hitzelsperger is a smashing player, if we went 3 in the middle it would be nice to have more than 3 starting-quality players fighting it out, plus his left foot brings natural balance. Possibly a couple of positions higher in the priority pecking order than CM now though.

Guest CheickMansour

Hitzlsperger's a fantastic player, but isn't he basically perma-crocked?

Should fit right in then

:undecided:

Dont think he is perma-crocked. He has played normally around 30-38 games each season, except this last one. But i think he had a big injury when he joined West Ham. We should def have a look at him, dont think he would take to high wages either.

Guest CheickMansour

Dont think he is perma-crocked. He has played normally around 30-38 games each season, except this last one. But i think he had a big injury when he joined West Ham. We should def have a look at him, dont think he would take to high wages either.

If that's true, then we should deffo go for him.  :thup:

That'd be a massive wrong-fit. Colo and Kaboul share some of the same weaknesses.

Williamson and Colo as a partnership are OK. Not great, but OK. No point in breaking them up for a 7/10 defender like Kaboul.

Care to elaborate? I was thinking Kaboul with his pace, strength, aerial ability and general physicality would complement Colos reading of the game, composure and passing.

Care to elaborate? I was thinking Kaboul with his pace, strength, aerial ability and general physicality would complement Colos reading of the game, composure and passing.

not the same kaboul we recognise.