Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Is he that injury prone? I know he had one bad injury whilst playing for the reserves - but has he had trouble properly overcoming that? Genuine question btw.

I wouldn't be having him as a permanent fixture in the first team, it'd just be nice to see him get a game now and again. He was mroe than up to it in the Championship.

I'm no expert but he seems injured all the time, talented though, as you say, so hopefully he can sort out his fitness.

Re: Vuckic as well, I remember a few years ago when Messi was picking up loads of injuries, Barca put him on his own fitness regime targeting specific areas.  If Vuckic is going to be a future first teamer I think we should look to do something similar.

Let's say that we didn't sell Carroll to **** what would our summer 2011 transfer budget be like? Surely there was going to be some money available for new players  one would think, or does the 35M we've suddenly got result in us "just" having the Carroll cash for transfers and wages for this summer? Not that i think we'll spend even that much.

Not that CB is the highest priority but i wonder how much Douglas from Twente would cost,

Debatable imo. I like Williamson, but if we're looking at making a genuine fist at the Top 6 next year - a new centre-back is second only to the obvious striker upgrade this summer. Obviously, there are bargains out there as we've proven with Tiote, but I'd happily see us spend double figures on a genuinely top class partner for Coloccini. Although he probably doesn't fit that description yet, I think Cahill would be a good signing.

I wouldn't be sad to see Taylor go either (providing we didn't leave ourselves short), not one bit. Just a mediocre defender who's ridiculously injury prone.

On the subject of centre-back, i hope Kadar is regarded as a member of the squad next year. The guy's got a heck of a lot of talent. I've yet to see him have a bad game for the club. I'd be more than satisfied going from:

Coloccini/Williamson/Taylor/Campbell

to:

Coloccini/New Guy/Williamson/Kadar

I'll have to agree with you on this, Striker/s should and probably will be our highest priority. But i would like to see a quality centre half playing with Coloccini as well. But i doubt Pardew and the board agree on this.

Finding a really good quality partner for Coloccini could make a big difference in points over a whole season.

I hope we don't pay over the odds for someone like Samba when there are bargains to be had when you do a little work, Vidic for example only cost £7m.  You pay a premium when you let other clubs do the scouting work.

Likewise with N'Zogbia, I won't be paying the figures quoted for him especially considering Arsenal paid a similar price for Nasri and we paid around half that for Ben Arfa.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I hope we don't pay over the odds for someone like Samba when there are bargains to be had when you do a little work, Vidic for example only cost £7m.  You pay a premium when you let other clubs do the scouting work.

Likewise with N'Zogbia, I won't be paying the figures quoted for him especially considering Arsenal paid a similar price for Nasri and we paid around half that for Ben Arfa.

I don't think you need to worry about that pal, we'll probably not spend Owt never mind over the odds.

Oscar Wendt (swedish LB) at FC Copenhagen wants a move away from the club in the next window.....think he is good. He is 25 and to have him as back up for enrique would be brilliant!

FC has been brilliant in CL. Plays attractive football too. FC Copenhagen is Scandinavia's biggest club, and I do not think Wendt is interested in signing for a club where he so obviously will be second fiddle.

Oscar Wendt (swedish LB) at FC Copenhagen wants a move away from the club in the next window.....think he is good. He is 25 and to have him as back up for enrique would be brilliant!

FC has been brilliant in CL. Plays attractive football too. FC Copenhagen is Scandinavia's biggest club, and I do not think Wendt is interested in signing for a club where he so obviously will be second fiddle.

you´re right! If enrique should go it has to be for 10+.....then we should try wendt who probably will cost around 5

Guest Roger Kint

Let's say that we didn't sell Carroll to **** what would our summer 2011 transfer budget be like? Surely there was going to be some money available for new players  one would think, or does the 35M we've suddenly got result in us "just" having the Carroll cash for transfers and wages for this summer? Not that i think we'll spend even that much.

Probably would have got the old £20m Ashley money for the season, so in effect the same sort of transfer funds we had last summer. Carrolls money has basically allowed him to not put his money in next year while boosting it by £15m

I agree with the CB comments, for me its a priority to get an established CB in to partner Coloccini , someone who is powerful in the air, i know these are out of our budget and unrealistic but a player in the Samba/Hangeland mold would make us a much stronger team especially against the more physical teams in the premiership, i do rate Williamson and Taylor is OK but if we are serious about getting back into the top 6 we must invest here. By the way when I say priority obviously our forwards need to be addressed first and foremost!

I agree that we need a more muscular defender that complements Colo. But it should not be the main priority. We need cover on lb (if Jose signs), two attackers, and a winger that can cover both sides first. And if Jose leaves, we obviously need a replacement for him too. And a cover for his replacement.

I agree that we need a more muscular defender that complements Colo. But it should not be the main priority. We need cover on lb (if Jose signs), two attackers, and a winger that can cover both sides first. And if Jose leaves, we obviously need a replacement for him too. And a cover for his replacement.

Agreed. A first team centre back who is notably better than Williamson and Taylor seems to me like a luxury we cannot afford given the more pressing needs we have in other areas. Unless of course we can get somebody talented in on the cheap (another Bassong if you like), but not worth budgeting 10 million or so for..

First of all two strikers are priorities. Then we need cover for both well at least left-back position. And then a cb.

We will survive with Jonas, Nolan, Gosling, Guthrie, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa and Routledge as well if he's not sold. So midfield should not be the first priority. Two strikers for the starting eleven is the first priority and then a cb and a cover lb.

But we'll probably sign no one.

First of all two strikers are priorities. Then we need cover for both well at least left-back position. And then a cb.

We will survive with Jonas, Nolan, Gosling, Guthrie, Tiote, Barton, Ben Arfa and Routledge as well if he's not sold. So midfield should not be the first priority. Two strikers for the starting eleven is the first priority and then a cb and a cover lb.

I would suggest we need wingers more than we need a CB though, especially as Pardew doesn't seem to rate Routledge at all..

I would suggest we need wingers more than we need a CB though, especially as Pardew doesn't seem to rate Routledge at all..

But Routledge's is not a PL-player. Championship is his level.  We aren't the first PL-club where he's failed to establish himself. The pattern is too bloody obvious. A winger that cannot cross is useless, unless he as self-sacrificing as Jonas, which Routledge isnt't

We have scouts watching Olympiakos - Panatinaikos today.

Ninis?  :frantic:

Would love that! And he can leave for €10mill, but there will probably be a lot of interest in him.

"On September 23, 2008, Ninis extended his contract with Panathiniakos for an additional four years to 2012, with a €10m buy-out clause into the agreement for any foreign team wanting to buy him, rising to €17m for a Greek side."