Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Deportivo would indeed fleece the hell out of you (again) but he would be a massive improvement over Jonás, massive. Just worried about his fitness.

Deportivo would indeed fleece the hell out of you (again) but he would be a massive improvement over Jonás, massive. Just worried about his fitness.

does seem to be a position we sre targetting if the merveaux and n'zogbia rumours were true.

Despite Jonas' very good performance on Tuesday, I think we all know that we still need to improve that position. I'd love Guardado, don't know much about Marveaux but I'd have N'Zogbia back, if Wigan go down I reckon we'll get him.

as left back ? :coolsmiley:

:lol: Was it Roeder who tried that?

does seem to be a position we sre targetting if the merveaux and n'zogbia rumours were true.

Despite Jonas' very good performance on Tuesday, I think we all know that we still need to improve that position. I'd love Guardado, don't know much about Marveaux but I'd have N'Zogbia back, if Wigan go down I reckon we'll get him.

Allardyce wasn't it. bought jose but wouldn't play him.

Allardyce wasn't it. bought jose but wouldn't play him.

Aye I remember now, Zog at LB, Alan Smith on the right, kin hell :lol:

I'd prefer Piatti, whenever i've seen him he's looked pretty decent if a bit small. How's he doing at Almeria? He was another one of those that fell under the 'next Maradona' category iirc.

I love him, talented and with a very good work rate. Almería won't sell cheap unless they get relegated, though.

Guest Roger Kint

I think it's almost certain we never intended on signing him which is why we waited until it was impossible to get any deal done.

This for me, the combination of the timing, an ex player and Ashley's nemesis suggests it was merely a token bid for us

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I think it's almost certain we never intended on signing him which is why we waited until it was impossible to get any deal done.

This for me, the combination of the timing, an ex player and Ashley's nemesis suggests it was merely a token bid for us

this.

Guest TrueToon

Not disputing that,Bet we go back in for him though.

He is right-footed, but has a decent left foot too (not at all two footed though). Plays on the left or in the hole for Sevilla.

Sure I read that he was keeping Capel out of the team last year, looks as though his form hasn't continued though

He is right-footed, but has a decent left foot too (not at all two footed though). Plays on the left or in the hole for Sevilla.

Sure I read that he was keeping Capel out of the team last year, looks as though his form hasn't continued though

Capel plays in the left too. And yes Perotti's form hasn't continued and Rakitic's purchase might open up the door for him to leave.

Not disputing that,Bet we go back in for him though.

Maybe an hour or so before the window shuts, tbf we normally change it each time though.

Not that CB is the highest priority but i wonder how much Douglas from Twente would cost,

A fair wedge I'd have thought, might struggle for a work permit at the moment. Could do with him getting the Dutch citizenship he is applying for. Bryan Ruiz would be a canny buy from Twente too although he'd cost £15m+ I'd thought though. Luuk De Jong is supposed to be a hot talent too. Only 20.

In fact there is loads of decent players in the Eredivisie and with most clubs not in the best of shape financially at the moment in Holland it could be a good time to go shopping. Pretty much guaranteed good technique and an ability to cope with the pace of the Premiership usually. Fits the buy em young, sell em on policy too for most players. AZ, Ajax and PSV are all supposed to be in need of cash so why not go for a few of their players.

Not that CB is the highest priority but i wonder how much Douglas from Twente would cost,

Debatable imo. I like Williamson, but if we're looking at making a genuine fist at the Top 6 next year - a new centre-back is second only to the obvious striker upgrade this summer. Obviously, there are bargains out there as we've proven with Tiote, but I'd happily see us spend double figures on a genuinely top class partner for Coloccini. Although he probably doesn't fit that description yet, I think Cahill would be a good signing.

I wouldn't be sad to see Taylor go either (providing we didn't leave ourselves short), not one bit. Just a mediocre defender who's ridiculously injury prone.

On the subject of centre-back, i hope Kadar is regarded as a member of the squad next year. The guy's got a heck of a lot of talent. I've yet to see him have a bad game for the club. I'd be more than satisfied going from:

Coloccini/Williamson/Taylor/Campbell

to:

Coloccini/New Guy/Williamson/Kadar

Is he that injury prone? I know he had one bad injury whilst playing for the reserves - but has he had trouble properly overcoming that? Genuine question btw.

I wouldn't be having him as a permanent fixture in the first team, it'd just be nice to see him get a game now and again. He was mroe than up to it in the Championship.

If you're gonna replace Taylor because he's injury prone, I wouldn't do it with Kadar.

Agreed, Kadar and Vuckic seem worringly injury prone already  :undecided:

Kadar also seemed to pile it on in the summer which isn't promising for someone his age, even I was slim at that age :lol: