Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest EastEndGeordie

I'm on about three players to upgrade the first team exclusively.

GK: Harper

RB: Simpson

CB: Coloccini

CB: Upgrade

LB: Enrique

RM: Barton

CM: Nolan

CM: Tiote

LM: Upgrade

AM: Ben Arfa

ST: Upgrade

Yeah thats all great and that but any names you'd like to see in these positions?

Think we could be seeing something like this next season

Harper

Simpson      Coloccini  Saylor  Enrique*

Barton  Tiote

Ben Arfa    Ireland*    New player1

New Player2

*= questionable whether we will be able to keep/ sign them for the club next season even if we want to.

Potential signings that we have been linked with.

New Player 1= Gervinho, El Arabi, Barnetta, Perotti, Gradel,

New PLayer 2= Sturridge, Bendtner, El Hamdoui, Cole, Bothroyd,

Bench

Forster or Krul

Perch

Williamson

Kadar

Best

Nolan

Gutierrez

Yeah thats all great and that but any names you'd like to see in these positions?

CB: Douglas (Twente)

LM: Jarvis

ST: Gameiro

To save some time, I'm gonna start referring to the PL teams as Enal, La, Mingham, Ckburn, Ckpool, Ton, Lsea, Rton, Erpool, Chester United, Chester City, Castle, Ke, Derland, Tenham,    , T Ham, An and Ves.

You've turned making a mountain out of a molehill into an artform. :lol:

To save some time, I'm gonna start referring to the PL teams as Enal, La, Mingham, Ckburn, Ckpool, Ton, Lsea, Rton, Erpool, Chester United, Chester City, Castle, Ke, Derland, Tenham,    , T Ham, An and Ves.

You've turned making a mountain out of a molehill into an artform. :lol:

:smug:

Guest Heneage

Douglas = Adam Hammill Mk 2. :lol:

CASTLE?

Saves me typing  time, Castle, Burn, Bham etc.. Are you like Dave annoyed by those abbreviations? :lol:

It saves you three f***ing letters ffs  :lol:

Remember there was a moron at a Norwegian NUFC-forum that used to call us Castle. Anoying as hell tbh :angry:

I'm afraid he's followed you to here...

:celb: :celb: :celb:

I'll stop pissing you off, and write NUFC instead. Didn't know you felt so hard about it.  But please forgive me if I slip up sometimes. Old habits are hard to break.

Anyways, Sturridge is exactly the kind of player we should try to snap up from the "larger" clubs...

I've been harping on about Gameiro for around a year now, but I don't think he will be coming here any time soon. I think he knows that the next step in his career will have to be to a Champions League/Europa League club. Plus, he'll probably cost more than £12m, which I reckon is more than we'll spend on any one individual this summer.

Gamerio doesn't fit that well either if we're going to play 4-4-1-1. According to Wiki he's only 1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in) tall. Without having seen any games, it's easy to assume that because of his height,  he's no holding attacker. If HBA plays am next season, it's essential that the attacker is able to keep the ball so the rest of the team has time to move upwards. Shola has done this brilliantly in some games, away against Arse for example.  4-4-1-1 generally demands much from our new attacker: He needs to move much too and he should have an eye for the good pass when our midfield overlaps him. Speed is also preferable, that will make it easier for him to utilize the killer passes from HBA.

Gamerio doesn't fit that well either if we're going to play 4-4-1-1. According to Wiki he's only 1.72 m (5 ft 7 1⁄2 in) tall. Without having seen any games, it's easy to assume that because of his height,  he's no holding attacker. If HBA plays am next season, it's essential that the attacker is able to keep the ball so the rest of the team has time to move upwards. Shola has done this brilliantly in some games, away against Arse for example.  4-4-1-1 generally demands much from our new attacker: He needs to move much too and he should have an eye for the good pass when our midfield overlaps him.

And you would be right. He's a Bellamy-type striker who's main strengths are his pace and finishing. Would have liked to seen him play alongside Carroll.

Don't think we need to target a specific "type" of striker this summer, one that scores goals would be nice though.

Guest Roger Kint

Did HBA play AM regularly before? I always saw him play on the wing whenever i caught a game for Marseille/Lyon. Seems to me that despite this forums decision to give him that role theres a good chance Pardew will use him on the wing given his 'two up top' quote.

Edit: Agree with colocho that a target man is not essential, bring in two who know where the goal is and are mobile

Including 3 new first team players, this is something realistically i would be looking to do;

Harper

Simpson  Samba*      Coloccini      Enrique

Tiote

Nolan

Barton                                          Ben Arfa

Cisse      Elmander

*I know Samba signed a new contract but i believe something could be done there. If not there are other options.

We should also look to sign Ireland on the cheap, should his loan go well.

Should we lose our key players ( i don't want to lose them), we need replacements;

Barton= Kranjcar

Enrique=  Figueroa

Tiote= Mulumbu

Did HBA play AM regularly before? I always saw him play on the wing whenever i caught a game for Marseille/Lyon. Seems to me that despite this forums decision to give him that role theres a good chance Pardew will use him on the wing given his 'two up top' quote.

Edit: Agree with colocho that a target man is not essential, bring in two who know where the goal is and are mobile

I watch Marseille a lot, and can tell you he was first and foremost a LW.

pardew probably will use him out wide but i feel his best position is a non position, beardsleyesque drifting as he seems comfortable wherever he gets the ball. i always wanted ginola to be pulled away from the left aswell for the same reason and on the couple of occasions he did he was fantastic.

players can change position even at a late stage in their careers, see barton and venison