Realistic Transfer Targets Summer 2011

LucaAltieri

Guest trig111

Diego looked good for Wolfsburg on Friday night. They are in a relegation scrap so not to hard to prise him away next year. Bit of a modric type player scored 2 & set up the other.

Only slight reservation reckon he is the type that turns it on when in the mood. Think he knew he was live on ESPN England but he is very good

Gervinho looks as though he could be some player. Big, powerful and a good turn of pace. If we are after him then he won't cost much either ;)

It's been said before but it's worth saying it again, we really need to look into Van Aanholt's situation at Chelsea. I've heard the whole "they need him", crack but lets be honest, this is Chelsea, they got loads of young stars as well as Ashley "trigger" Cole. If we lose Enrique, we could do alot worse than investing our time and money into this lad, a real star for the future.

Was our transfer budget for the Summer going to be £0.00 until we sold Carroll? I doubt it. Having said that, I still think we will be shopping for bargains rather than £12m+ players. Sebastian Larsson was more or less signed until Birmingham pulled the plug so there's a good chance NUFC will go back for him. Selling Wayne Routledge and getting Sebastian Larsson for free is good business. We also supposedly went for Johan Elmander after selling Carroll. I don't think he's that good but for free he could be OK.

It all depends on who we sell. Of the current senior squad, only Campbell's contract ends this Summer. Getting his wages off the books would free up some money. Harper, Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Smith and Ameobi all have their current contracts coming to an end in Summer 2012 according to: -

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/squad.html

Diego looked good for Wolfsburg on Friday night. They are in a relegation scrap so not to hard to prise him away next year. Bit of a modric type player scored 2 & set up the other.

Only slight reservation reckon he is the type that turns it on when in the mood. Think he knew he was live on ESPN England but he is very good

If that is the level of detail this fella goes into pre-match then I reckon we should get him in.

I reckon of those, Harper will get a one year extension and we'll keep Shola. Barton and Enrique obviously we know the situation already. Guthrie will be sold this summer, and Lovenkrands and Smith will leave next summer. Campbell and Donaldson will go this summer too.

Was our transfer budget for the Summer going to be £0.00 until we sold Carroll? I doubt it. Having said that, I still think we will be shopping for bargains rather than £12m+ players. Sebastian Larsson was more or less signed until Birmingham pulled the plug so there's a good chance NUFC will go back for him. Selling Wayne Routledge and getting Sebastian Larsson for free is good business. We also supposedly went for Johan Elmander after selling Carroll. I don't think he's that good but for free he could be OK.

It all depends on who we sell. Of the current senior squad, only Campbell's contract ends this Summer. Getting his wages off the books would free up some money. Harper, Enrique, Barton, Guthrie, Lovenkrands, Smith and Ameobi all have their current contracts coming to an end in Summer 2012 according to: -

http://www.nufc.com/2010-11html/squad.html

Apart from Barton and Enrique all of those players are expendable. Wouldn't be suprised to see Guthrie sold in the summer and Smith (if anyone will take him).

As for Elmander/Larsson, i agree both would be excellent additions to the squad on free transfers. In fact i have stated before that it wouldn't shock me if we don't already have something agreed with one of them. Both situations sound like the sort of deals we will be looking at so fingers crossed. Just because we have a bit of dosh (allegedly) doesn't mean we should be pissing it away or turing down bargains.

If we could get Gervinho, Sturridge, N'Zogbia and Larsson (free) and use Ben Arfa as a forward as well then we'd have a jizz tastic forward line. Throw in Samba and new contracts for Enrique and Barton and we'd be laughing. Even if Enrique does go I'm sure the fee we get will cover his replacement anyway.

If we could get Gervinho, Sturridge, N'Zogbia and Larsson (free) and use Ben Arfa as a forward as well then we'd have a jizz tastic forward line. Throw in Samba and new contracts for Enrique and Barton and we'd be laughing. Even if Enrique does go I'm sure the fee we get will cover his replacement anyway.

Gervinho, Sturridge and N'Zogbia would probably cost us around £30m. I can't see NUFC spending that much on 3 players. If Chelsea were willing to sell Sturridge he'd probably cost £10m at the least. He is also on massive wages at Chelsea. NUFC are said to be scouting the Netherlands, Belgium, France and the English leagues lower than the Premiership. They've already said they are looking for the next Tiote and Ben Arfa rather than players who are already well known in the top leagues. Unless players are free signings I doubt NUFC will sign any one over 25 years old so that's Samba off the list too.

Diego? Newcastle?

:lol: They brought him in for record breaking fee and he was Bundesliga best player for two consecutive seasons I think for Werder Bremen before Ribery came.

Juventus bought him for a significant fee and then sold him after he didn't fit into the team. If he performs really well can see a big team coming in for him, but think he'll stay there. 

Guest levi914

i would give my right arm to have diego playing for newcastle. he is a class player. probably want alot in wages though

Guest levi914

looks like gervinho has his heart set on liverpool or arsenal. he has said in a interview "Liverpool? They are a great team, like Arsenal,Chelsea, Man Utd, so let's wait and see at the end of season, things change quickly in football."

Guest The_Miz

If West Ham go down...would Ba be an option? Big physical presence up front and has looked good so far. (Not to mention he is sick on footy man  :coolsmiley:)

looks like gervinho has his heart set on liverpool or arsenal. he has said in a interview "Liverpool? They are a great team, like Arsenal,Chelsea, Man Utd, so let's wait and see at the end of season, things change quickly in football."

Gervinho: "Liverpool? They are a great team, like Arsenal,Chelsea, Man Utd, so let's wait and see at the end of season, things change quickly in football."

:tiote:

Gervinho:" The sooner I sign for NUFC, the better. "

If West Ham go down...would Ba be an option? Big physical presence up front and has looked good so far. (Not to mention he is sick on footy man  :coolsmiley:)

Looks a canny player. Bring him in, as well as a Bellamy/Gameiro type striker ... or Gervinho and send Ranger out on loan.

How much playing time is Pedro getting at Barcelona, always seem to be subbed in during games i have seen, maybe he will be looking for some more playing time in the summer, worth a punt surely?

That wasn't even fun mate

How much playing time is Pedro getting at Barcelona, always seem to be subbed in during games i have seen, maybe he will be looking for some more playing time in the summer, worth a punt surely?

Is that a serious post? :lol:

might aswell get iniesta also!