Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/nolan-you-re-getting-the-best?

Kevin Nolan believes Liverpool's swoop for Andy Carroll will see the striker go on to become one of the best in the business.

The Newcastle skipper is a big admirer of our new No.9 and struck up a firm friendship with him during his time at St James's Park.

The boyhood Red admits it is a major blow for the Magpies to lose their main hitman but feels playing in Kenny Dalglish's side will help Carroll reach his full potential.

Nolan told LFC Now: "You are getting a top, top player. Obviously I've had a lot of texts and calls over the last day or so. I'm quite surprised at how pleased everyone is with it. He's only just burst onto the scene in the last six months.

"Believe me you have got a top, top player. He's going to be one of the best. There's no-one like him in the league. He'll score and create goals. He'll also show great desire and commitment. That's what Liverpool fans want and deserve.

"He's still a young lad. Everyone forgets that. He's great around the dressing room. He's funny in his own witty way and as you know I'm very friendly with him.

"I managed to get away with him with a few times last year with a couple of friends of mine who are going to be in Liverpool and can help him settle in.

"When we first heard about the move he asked me what I thought. You can imagine my reaction. I was delighted for him. He's going to be a great addition to what is a new start for Liverpool."

Carroll has enjoyed a meteoric rise over the past 12 months, culminating in an impressive debut for Fabio Capello's England.

Nolan acknowledges the forward has made huge strides recently but insists he has always had the talent to develop into one of the best players around.

"I don't think anyone could say you aren't surprised (at the speed of his development)," said Nolan.

"We always knew he had the talent. It was just whether he had the temperament. He has got that and has everything.

"Some things have been written about him that I think have been unfair. When he gets on that pitch with the quality of players you have, with Stevie and the likes of Meireles putting it on a plate for him, he won't let them down. I'm very confident about that.

"I loved playing with him. He'll give you everything he has got and make sure the central defenders come off knowing they've had a game.

"People say he's an old-fashioned type of centre forward but I'm sure over the next five years or so you'll see that he has more than that in his game. I think it showed in the goal he scored against Liverpool at our place this season, that he has the talent to strike a great ball too.

"I'm gutted we've lost him but delighted he's gone to a fantastic club."

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

Inside job imo.

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

Inside job imo.

This sums up what irritates me most, the media have created a situation where players think they can only become stars at certain select clubs, the media darlings. I keep hearing from pundits how this is a big chance for him and how lucky he is, as if Liverpool are doing anything in football right now. They're midtable like us, nothing more.

Inside job imo.

This sums up what irritates me most, the media have created a situation where players think they can only become stars at certain select clubs, the media darlings. I keep hearing from pundits how this is a big chance for him and how lucky he is, as if Liverpool are doing anything in football right now. They're midtable like us, nothing more.

Damn fucking right.

They've lost Torres and Babel and gained Carroll and Suarez. Great, your centre backs are still shit, your fullbacks cannot defend and you still have 0 natural wingers at the club. Team is still missing in massive areas and probably wont progress with the current squad. I hope the bastards stagnate under that horrible, odious fucker Dalglish.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Fat prick

Where's your loyalty. Chuffed for Carroll apparently

Who pays your wages you insensitive prick

I'll remember this!

So is Nolan hoping/expecting to be joining his bezzie mate at Anfield in the summer then, or what? ???

Incredible! :banghead:

He needs to apologise for this lack of judgement or be stripped of the captaincy.

Inside job imo.

Liverpool are a global team tbf. We are a club with a massive regional following & may be seen as biggish club in UK terms.

There's some right idiots on here like. Strip him of the captaincy, sell him???

Carroll is just trotting out the standard rubbish that comes with signing for a new club, i wouldn't be surprised if Nolan tried to persuade him to stay but he's not gonna say that is he

Guest sicko2ndbest

off RAWK

then kevin nolan was interviewed on the phone, his best mate as we know. his angle was very different from the 'andy carroll is pissed off and didnt want to come here' that is being thrown about by various sources.

nolan seemed hyped up and pleased (as well as gutted) he came here, saying andy asked me what i thought and nolan said go fer it! now if NU have engineered these responses then are we saying kenny is lying by saying hes delighted to have gotten 2 players who want to play for liverpool.

was a mad day but am glad we got 2 class forwards regardless.

WANKER

There's some right idiots on here like. Strip him of the captaincy, sell him???

Carroll is just trotting out the standard rubbish that comes with signing for a new club, i wouldn't be surprised if Nolan tried to persuade him to stay but he's not gonna say that is he

I really couldn't give a fuck what you think. He's putting his love of Liverpool ahead of his responsibilities as captain of NUFC. That's wrong whatever way you cut it.

if he was any sort of captain he should have been advising carroll of his age and the fact hes just signed a new contract 2 months ago and he'll get the big bucks soon enough and we are building something here if he keeps progressing not fucking go for it andy.

if he was any sort of captain he should have been advising carroll of his age and the fact hes just signed a new contract 2 months ago and he'll get the big bucks soon enough and we are building something here if he keeps progressing not fucking go for it andy.

That's the advice he'd have got from Shearer if he was captain...but not Nolan.

"At his best, Woodgate's the best centre-half in the country. It's a huge offer, the club had to consider it.

"It's a huge opportunity for him, to play with the likes of David Beckham, Michael Owen and Luis Figo. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here."

- Sir Bobby Robson

Guest guinness_fiend

"At his best, Woodgate's the best centre-half in the country. It's a huge offer, the club had to consider it.

"It's a huge opportunity for him, to play with the likes of David Beckham, Michael Owen and Luis Figo. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here."

- Sir Bobby Robson

No, no, NO!

Common sense is not permitted here.  Go and have yourself a little break and think about what you have just done.