Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

"At his best, Woodgate's the best centre-half in the country. It's a huge offer, the club had to consider it.

"It's a huge opportunity for him, to play with the likes of David Beckham, Michael Owen and Luis Figo. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here."

- Sir Bobby Robson

There's a monumental difference between playing for Real Madrid at their best, to playing for Liverpool at their worst.

He's got the chance to be the main man who could attempt to return them to their former glory.

He was in the same position here! Real Madrid are an entirely different level. If I was a Newcastle number 9 I wouldn't want to leave, but if Barca came calling I think I'd be more than a bit tempted, nowhere else though.

And that was the manager of a club with 3 seasons of top 5 football behind him saying that. Worse imo.

Would Harry say that about Bale going to Barcelona, Inter etc.?

I think he would.

Of course he would. So why the witch hunt against Nolan all of a sudden? Ok he's not the manager but still a key figure of the club.

He was one of the few people who could have influenced Carroll to stay another year instead of telling him to "go fer it!". Sad state of affairs when our club captain is telling our star player his future is better at another club.

I'll go back to the Robson quotes where it's not as if his MANAGER fought to keep him.

We were getting £14m for a crock. 

And here we've got £35m for a young player who's played 4 months regular top-flight football with a history of off-field issues.

That's not the point though is it? Nolan is our captain and Carroll's best mate. He should have been telling him this is going to be a better place than Liverpool a year down the line not what a fantastic opportunity it was to play in front of the Kop and "you'll never walk alone" wankfest.

In that case as manager, Bobby should have been telling Woodgate "forget that Galactico shit, we've finished around the Champions League spots for 3 years here, stay and help us push even further".

"At his best, Woodgate's the best centre-half in the country. It's a huge offer, the club had to consider it.

"It's a huge opportunity for him, to play with the likes of David Beckham, Michael Owen and Luis Figo. Do we deny him that opportunity? There's a moral issue here."

- Sir Bobby Robson

There's a monumental difference between playing for Real Madrid at their best, to playing for Liverpool at their worst.

He's got the chance to be the main man who could attempt to return them to their former glory.

He was in the same position here! Real Madrid are an entirely different level. If I was a Newcastle number 9 I wouldn't want to leave, but if Barca came calling I think I'd be more than a bit tempted, nowhere else though.

Replace barca with fat wedge of cash, and the same applys to all modern footballers tbh

Guest toonlass

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showpost.php?s=f25e6c7f609147a3111d905d2cf7ca76&p=9507257&postcount=1377

That's Carroll speaking, not Nolan. And considering he's talking to Liverpool FCTV what's he meant to say? "Kev told me to not join Liverpool and that he'll be gutted to see me go. He thinks I should stay at Newcastle."

And that was the manager of a club with 3 seasons of top 5 football behind him saying that. Worse imo.

I think he would.

Of course he would. So why the witch hunt against Nolan all of a sudden? Ok he's not the manager but still a key figure of the club.

He was one of the few people who could have influenced Carroll to stay another year instead of telling him to "go fer it!". Sad state of affairs when our club captain is telling our star player his future is better at another club.

I'll go back to the Robson quotes where it's not as if his MANAGER fought to keep him.

And here we've got £35m for a young player who's played 4 months regular top-flight football with a history of off-field issues.

That's not the point though is it? Nolan is our captain and Carroll's best mate. He should have been telling him this is going to be a better place than Liverpool a year down the line not what a fantastic opportunity it was to play in front of the Kop and "you'll never walk alone" wankfest.

In that case as manager, Bobby should have been telling Woodgate "forget that Galactico s***, we've finished around the Champions League spots for 3 years here, stay and help us push even further".

Thats all a moot point about woodgate as that was a great deal for the club and bobby knew that.

Cannot believe O-Nut is genuinely comparing Liverpool to Real Madrid. :lol:

Where've I done that? I'm comparing two key figures at the club (one alledgedly) saying they should take the move if they can.

At Newcastle Carroll would have been a local and perhaps national icon. Even in their current state, by moving to Liverpool he's opened himself up fully to a worldwide audience.

Where've I done that? I'm comparing two key figures at the club (one alledgedly) saying they should take the move if they can.

At Newcastle Carroll would have been a local and perhaps national icon. Even in their current state, by moving to Liverpool he's opened himself up fully to a worldwide audience.

Think I'm about to gag.

Guest Heneage

I think he would.

In that case as manager, Bobby should have been telling Woodgate "forget that Galactico s***, we've finished around the Champions League spots for 3 years here, stay and help us push even further".

I think you're either ignoring the point or not understanding it.

We sold Woodgate because he had no future here due to his injuries and we stood to make a profit, Carroll had a future here he was by far our brightest player.

The guy is going to be a superstar in Singapore, lucky boy!!

Think I'm about to gag.

Look at some of my posts and you'll see I hate those cunts and think they're nowhere near the club they once were. Signing for them isn't going to give Carroll all those league & European medals.

But fact is, they're a global brand and even if they have 2-3 off years, they'll always somehow get back around the top places.

I think he would.

I think you're either ignoring the point or not understanding it.

We sold Woodgate because he had no future here due to his injuries and we stood to make a profit, Carroll had a future here he was by far our brightest player.

I'm not ignoring and I fully understand your point. I just disagree that's all.