Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And that was the manager of a club with 3 seasons of top 5 football behind him saying that. Worse imo.

Would Harry say that about Bale going to Barcelona, Inter etc.?

I think he would.

Of course he would. So why the witch hunt against Nolan all of a sudden? Ok he's not the manager but still a key figure of the club.

He was one of the few people who could have influenced Carroll to stay another year instead of telling him to "go fer it!". Sad state of affairs when our club captain is telling our star player his future is better at another club.

I'll go back to the Robson quotes where it's not as if his MANAGER fought to keep him.

Guest Heneage

And that was the manager of a club with 3 seasons of top 5 football behind him saying that. Worse imo.

Why? That's one of our players being for another top player leaving, our captain none the less.

I'd also say Woodgate was an injury prone player we stood to make a profit on, Carroll was a top prospect.

Hmm. Bit of a non-issue really.

If you played for Liverpool but supported NUFC, and Torres was in talks with NUFC, what would you say?!

I'd probably have the decency as club captain to keep my fucking mouth shut and not go against the club that was paying my fucking wages.

Hmm. Bit of a non-issue really.

If you played for Liverpool but supported NUFC, and Torres was in talks with NUFC, what would you say?!

I'd decline to be interviewed as it wouldn't be appropriate to comment given my role as club captain.

"Non-issue" :rolleyes:

Why? That's one of our players being for another top player leaving, our captain none the less.

The player was giving in his opinion on something he had no control over, Robson could have turned the bid down rather than agree and then give his opinion saying he should go.

It's all just media driven bullshit driven by the bourgeoisie, designed to make the proletariat look like f***ing muppets.

:lol: Wat?

You been reading some weird "Sociology for Dummies" book? What on Earth is that meant to refer to? :lol:

'A' Level Sociology.  :smitten:

I'm referring to the whole he said this, they said that, this source says this, that source says that, everyone let's tweet and get interviewed and have our say on this culture we have in football now. We, the fans are just the muppets who get misled and f***ed around by our respective clubs, only for people like Sky, various newspapers and the BBC to gain a few extra readers/viewers and ultimately make money from the same muppets.

EDIT: It's hypocritical because I'm one of the said muppets, but aren't we all?

I think he would.

Of course he would. So why the witch hunt against Nolan all of a sudden? Ok he's not the manager but still a key figure of the club.

He was one of the few people who could have influenced Carroll to stay another year instead of telling him to "go fer it!". Sad state of affairs when our club captain is telling our star player his future is better at another club.

I'll go back to the Robson quotes where it's not as if his MANAGER fought to keep him.

We were getting £14m for a crock. How is the situation even comparable? Robson was being diplomatic but the deal was a great one. If Woodgate had of been fit and healthy over his Newcastle career even double the money wouldn't have been enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Liverpool fans would disagree. Wankers.

The Nolan thing has been blown out of proportion. People are talking like he has went down to the LFC TV studios and was happy as larry. He said he was gutted that Carroll has left but he said it was the best thing for him to do . Calm down , calm down. 

Do you agree with Nolan that Carroll going to Liverpool was the best thing to do?

From a geordie's point of view, No. But all outsiders would say yes. Liverpool are spending big bucks and are going places.

As a Newcastle fan , it doesn't get any bigger than playing for Newcastle.

Nolan isn't an outsider, he is the captain of Newcastle United.

This.

Not only is it completely out of order, but it's damning if your captain is suggesting you leave.

I think he would.

We were getting £14m for a crock. 

And here we've got £35m for a young player who's played 4 months regular top-flight football with a history of off-field issues.

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showpost.php?s=f25e6c7f609147a3111d905d2cf7ca76&p=9507257&postcount=1377

We know you're close friends with Kevin Nolan who is a big Liverpool fan - what has he said to you about this club?

I have spoken to him. He is over the moon, really delighted for me. He said it's a big chance for me to go out there and show what I can do with Liverpool, and that's what I'm going to do.

http://forums.pesfan.com/showpost.php?s=f25e6c7f609147a3111d905d2cf7ca76&p=9507257&postcount=1377

How dare he. :lol:

Liverpudlian/deluded > Newcastle captain.

Guest Heneage

The player was giving in his opinion on something he had no control over, Robson could have turned the bid down rather than agree and then give his opinion saying he should go.

True but as I said Woodgate was injury prone at that point. Carroll was not he was at the top of his game and leading our attack.

I'd also bet Robson wasn't talking to Real Madrid TV. He should have not said anything because some fans will be upset, he should never be advocating a good player leaving this club.

I think he would.

And here we've got £35m for a young player who's played 4 months regular top-flight football with a history of off-field issues.

That's not the point though is it? Nolan is our captain and Carroll's best mate. He should have been telling him this is going to be a better place than Liverpool a year down the line not what a fantastic opportunity it was to play in front of the Kop and "you'll never walk alone" wankfest.

I think he would.

That's not the point though is it? Nolan is our captain and Carroll's best mate. He should have been telling him this is going to be a better place than Liverpool a year down the line not what a fantastic opportunity it was to play in front of the Kop and "you'll never walk alone" wankfest.

Fucking exactly.