Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Its quite ironic that Nolans get out clause in all of this is that he's a Liverpool fan, and yet it's the very same thing that should have prompted Carroll to stay.

Having heard it, I think it was ill-advised to give the interview at all.

Once you start the interview, you're inclined as a matter of formality and politeness to be complimentary and conciliatory, which can come across totally wrong in certain contexts - like this one. 

He's been committed on the pitch, can't imagine that would change, but it's fucking stupid to agree to go on LFC.TV knowing the situation. 

Guest neesy111

Its quite ironic that Nolans get out clause in all of this is that he's a Liverpool fan, and yet it's the very same thing that should have prompted Carroll to stay.

Good points.

so because liverpool won shitloads decades ago they really should be the ones challenging up the top end of table not us despite the fact we have /had a better team right now, you take both fully fit teams and keep carroll in ours and we are better side.  he should have been making carroll see sense not gushing a delight.  it's not like there qualifying for the CL anytime soon.

looking forward to seeing gerrards interview with Chelsea tv expressing his delight torres has a chance of winning CL this season.

how is moving to liverpool in the current climate a big opportunity???  this is a horrible career move for carroll expectations are huge and his support cast are average.

as a football club where on earth are we ever gonna get to if our CAPTAIN is advising our best players of moves to our rivals simply on their history and affection for their supported club, it cant be for there present day team, "players like meireles laying things on a plate" this the same one in which your TEAM MATES Barton and tiote" throughly outclased and bossed only a few weeks ago?????

"hopefully a new start for liverpool" er.... the team we are currently one place behind with a game in hand and your happy we have been weakened and they have been significantly strengthened

I CANNOT Believe the attitude of some people on here. It f***ing STINKS and that includes some people I would never have put down as twats.

All the haters will be Licking his ass the next time he scores a winner.

Bunch of 2 faced pricks!  :rant:

When he scores a hat-trick against Sunderland he has went down in legend. However, this is completely wrong. It's not as if we have forgotten the good stuff.

When we first heard about it - well, when I heard about it with him - he just said to me, 'Whatcha think?' and you can imagine my reaction towards him and everything, I was just delighted for him.  He's gonna be a great addition to hopefully what's gonna be a great new start for Liverpool."

Might as well be his f***ing agent.

I'm sorry, but that comment just makes me want to be f***ing sick.

:sadnod:

Unfortunately, we need him and his goals right now, and stripping him of the captaincy could destroy the morale. Would do it in a heartbeat otherwise.

Stripping him of his captaincy would be daft, he's clearly been one our most influential players. However being a Liverpool fan first and foremost he's turned out to be the wrong fella to be Carroll's mentor. I reckon he won't be half as effective now Carroll's gone. Scouse twat.

Guest neesy111

I CANNOT Believe the attitude of some people on here. It FUCKING STINKS and that includes some people I would never have put down as twats.

So are you fucking happy for our players to act in anyway they like and talk about any club they like.  Seems like you are.

People will celebrate his goals because we have little choice of who is signed or not, because they support NUFC not Kevin Nolan.

I CANNOT Believe the attitude of some people on here. It FUCKING STINKS and that includes some people I would never have put down as twats.

:lol:

He scores then great.. its not about him as a player its about him as club Captain doing a no need interview with another club who have just bought our main striker.

Fans are pissed off and he was very silly to do such an interview.

Guest neesy111

Complete and utter over reaction.

He's being supportive of a mate who's moved clubs, and is offering to help him settle in. I fail to see any crime in that..

You don't bloody do an interview and publicise it the whole world to win some brownie points from the fucking scousers.

Yes! Shame Carroll couldn't share Nolan's passion for a supposed favourite club.

He's being supportive of a mate who's moved clubs, and is offering to help him settle in. I fail to see any crime in that..

:lol: Why do a public interview? Talk to Carroll directly ffs.

Complete and utter over reaction.

He should have been supporting his mate by telling him to stay here.

and he should be giving interviews to the Newcastle media telling them how gutted he was and how he'd tried to get him to stay. Fuck Liverpool and Kenny Dalglish. Fuck the Kop and Brookside. Fuck Cilla Black and the Beatles. Fuck them...fuck them all.

So we've seen a young lad from Gateshead who was wearing the most famous shirt in the club's history leave and sign for Liverpool. But we're surprised that one footballer could be happy for another when he's just got a massive move.

Just read all of those Nolan quotes and other than the 'delighted for him' there's nothing even remotely dodgy. Bit naive of Nolan to think that these comments wouldn't be dissected by Newcastle fans, but we can hardly be surprised at anything that's said.

We now know that a player's loyalty to the club that employs them doesn't override everything else.

:thup:

I CANNOT Believe the attitude of some people on here. It f***ing STINKS and that includes some people I would never have put down as twats.

So are you f***ing happy for our players to act in anyway they like and talk about any club they like.  Seems like you are.

People will celebrate his goals because we have little choice of who is signed or not, because they support NUFC not Kevin Nolan.

I am not Happy with what he done but I am certainly not down in the mouth about it, Whats done is done, who gives a fuck who he did an interview with? he could have had the interview with Sunderland and I really would not give a shit.

NUFC til I die, Not Kevin Nolan or Andy Carroll but NUFC!

If what he said is unnacceptable to you, how come you aren't slagging off Joey Barton for some of the PHYSICAL things he has done or is it acceptable for him?

Guest neesy111

Bunch of 2 faced pricks!  :rant:

So are you f***ing happy for our players to act in anyway they like and talk about any club they like.  Seems like you are.

I am not Happy with what he done but I am certainly not down in the mouth about it, Whats done is done, who gives a fuck who he did an interview with? he could have had the interview with Sunderland and I really would not give a shit.

NUFC til I die, Not Kevin Nolan or Andy Carroll but NUFC!

If what he said is unnacceptable to you, how come you aren't slagging off Joey Barton for some of the PHYSICAL things he has done or is it acceptable for him?

In the situation that is around the club what he has said can't be acceptable.  Can't believe the club have allowed this to happen in the 1st place.  Quite frankly there should be a media ban around the whole transfer now.

Guest TheSummerOf69

this is all Ameobi`s fault if he wasn`t our second choice striker we wouldn`t be as bothered.

We're going to be relying on Shola heavily between now and the relegation trapdoor opening. I'd be very worried if he was to get injured.

As for Nolan... he's captain and should be a bit more sensitive to the club and especially the fans. But he's scored 4 against Sunderland this season, so I'll forgive him - if he can try to look like he gives a feck about us rather than his beloved scousers.

'Whatcha think?' and you can imagine my reaction towards him and everything, I was just delighted for him.  He's gonna be a great addition to hopefully what's gonna be a great new start for Liverpool."

He can fuck off to Liverpool and start this new era with them as far as im concerned. Hope is doing the chicken dance in Liverpool and he gets bashed with a baseball bat just after Andy Carrol has been attacked brutally by the same scouse tramp!

Awful captaincy! Fucking disgrace!