Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would he have been delighted and told him to go for it if it had been Man Utd or (don't laugh) Everton with this bid?

I very much doubt it.

Carroll's an impressionable lad, thick as mince and at an age when peer pressure can be a major factor in his decisions, he obviously has a lot of respect for Kevin Nolan and the "captain" should have been doing every single thing to sway his decision towards staying at Newcastle United, not waving him off while holding up a Liverpool scarf and singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Can't believe anyone can defend this, it's disgusting.

:thup:

Can't believe some find no issue with this. He practically told the guy to go.

Hmm, £80k pw or Nolan's opinion? :shifty:

Guest Thump 1892

I don't understand why the club captain felt it necessary to come out and say these things... I just don't get it.  Rather than talking to us about how we've had a blow but the core of the squad is still here and are ready to punch above and beyond their weight, he's sucking the c*** of the Robbing Brigade.

Would he have been delighted and told him to go for it if it had been Man Utd or (don't laugh) Everton with this bid?

I very much doubt it.

Carroll's an impressionable lad, thick as mince and at an age when peer pressure can be a major factor in his decisions, he obviously has a lot of respect for Kevin Nolan and the "captain" should have been doing every single thing to sway his decision towards staying at Newcastle United, not waving him off while holding up a Liverpool scarf and singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Can't believe anyone can defend this, it's disgusting.

Well said that man, It amuses me that people do not see that.

Guest Thump 1892

I very much doubt it.

Well said that man, It amuses me that people do not see that.

It honestly bothers me that people can't see it.

I'd like to think Pardew has some form of discipline set out for him but I highly, highly doubt it.

'I managed to get away with him with a few times last year with a couple of friends of mine who are going to be in Liverpool and can help him settle in

Thats nice for the lad ffs i bet Nolan is getting a bung off the bin dippers for this

:dave:

Glad common sense is prevailing in the poll, even if people aren't backing up their vote on the page.

Was it probably the wrong thing to do with bad timing? Yeah.

Should we really give a shit? No.

I wonder how many Liverpool fans would have been so forgiving if Gerrard had given an interview on Spanish tv gushing about the delights of Real Madrid after Owen bolted there a few years ago?

Glad common sense is prevailing in the poll, even if people aren't backing up their vote on the page.

Was it probably the wrong thing to do with bad timing? Yeah.

Should we really give a s***? No.

Should we really give a shit, Hell yes we should. Nolans just bitchslapped us as we recover from being kicked in the nuts by Ashley.

Out of interest, why should we not care ?

Guest Thump 1892

Not really sure what the fuss is about. It doesn't read as if he's talked him into leaving. More that when Carroll told him he was leaving to Liverpool he was supportive.

Sure, he maybe shouldn't have given the interview, but I don't really see the harm in anything he said.

Kevin Nolan with a LFC scarf singing YNWA?

Nah, not a problem.  He's the Liverpool captain after all, right?

Oh hang on a sec...

Not really sure what the fuss is about. It doesn't read as if he's talked him into leaving. More that when Carroll told him he was leaving to Liverpool he was supportive.

Sure, he maybe shouldn't have given the interview, but I don't really see the harm in anything he said.

Oh hang on a sec...

???

I think if I was a player at Liverpool and one of my friends was moving to Newcastle, I'd be bigging the club up to him and being supportive in much the same way Nolan has with Carroll. It might be unprofessional from the club captain, but you never fall out of love with your boyhood team.

Oh hang on a sec...

???

It's the camp version of YMCA.

Why people are surprised and angry is beyond me.

The modern day footballer doesn't care which club they're at as long as they are getting what they want out of it. No loyalty at all.

Footballers\Agents need to be pegged back by the governing bodies so they don't have the power anymore, and where a contract actually means that.  This only benefits the clubs with the most cash as they can pay over the odds to aquire a player they desire, and thus keep them ahead of everybody else. 

Hope these new sanctions have they effect they need to make.

Once a Scouser, always a Scouser. You welcome him into your home, treat him like a member of your family. He wins you over with his chirpy smile and sense of humour, all the while sizing your place up for valuables for his mates to come and steal later.

Once a Scouser, always a Scouser. You welcome him into your home, treat him like a member of your family. He wins you over with his chirpy smile and sense of humour, all the while sizing your place up for valuables for his mates to come and steal later.

:lol:

Fits perfectly :lol: