Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Do not care whatsoever, he's said nothing of interest to NUFC in that interview.

Exactly, the Club Captain's just belittled us in favour of the mighty, great, eighth placed Liverpool who are a whole one point ahead of us.

The way people act on here, you'd think that we expect that playing for Newcastle United be the only consideration in our players' lives. They must be loyal to NUFC beyond all considerations. Give me a break.

Nolan and Carroll are friends. If Nolan is happy for Carroll and helping him settle in Liverpool, it's because they're friends. There's more to life that NUFC, even for the players.

Honestly, the reaction on this board to Carroll leaving has been staggering, even by Internet fan board standards. For Carroll, Nolan and everyone else in the squad, playing for NUFC is a JOB. They have every right to want more money or to move to another team or to hold their personal relationships higher than their "loyalty" to the company that pays their bills.

I agree with you, especially about Nolan. He's might just be helping a young lad he is mates with settle in a city he knows very well.

On the Carroll reaction though, I think you're off the mark mainly because we expected him to actually care about NUFC given that he was from the local area. If he was from somewhere else then I agree we shouldn't be surprised.

Infuriating, aye but come on, let's not all get carried away.

He might have put his chubby foot in it but let's not forget what Kevin Nolan has done, on and off the pitch, for this football club since the relegation, eh?

As I said, it's fucking painful reading but surely a bit of an over-reaction by some, no?

His ten goals this season mean I struggle to give a fuck about this.

Andy Carroll's 11 goals will be a bigger miss, especially since he probably created half of Nolan's goals as well. IMO Nolan was in a position to offer better advice to Carroll but was obviously more delighted to see him at Liverpool. He takes a fair bit of the blame for the Carroll sale in my book.

I like Kevin Nolan as much as the next person but this is not on. Strip him of the armband and give it to Colo, Harper or Barton tonight.

'You can imagine my reaction of delight'? f*** off.

imo changing captaincy will cause more problems than solve. If the dressing room respect Nolan then I wouldn't change it. He should apologise, however.

Guest neesy111

His ten goals this season mean I struggle to give a fuck about this.

Andy Carroll's 11 goals will be a bigger miss, especially since he probably created half of Nolan's goals as well. IMO Nolan was in a position to offer better advice to Carroll but was obviously more delighted to see him at Liverpool. He takes a fair bit of the blame for the Carroll sale in my book.

This, obviously if Carroll was forced out he wouldn't need to seek Nolan's views on joining Liverpool.

Can anyone post Gerrard's gushing interview about Torres from the Chelsea TV channel?

Just want to see how they compare.

This, for me, he has dropped an elephant sized bollock and whatever goodwill he was developing may well evaporate

Guest neesy111

Cant see what nolan said wrong tbh.  In the short term carroll does have better future at lfc than here under our present financial regime.

Seems pretty obvious really.

You don't bloody spout it off though especially when fans are angry about the whole thing.

Cant see what nolan said wrong tbh.  In the short term carroll does have better future at lfc than here under our present financial regime.

Seems pretty obvious really.

You don't bloody spout it off though especially when fans are angry about the whole thing.

Presumably the huge party inside SJP threw him off a little.

Where is his NUFCTV interview saying how gutted he is to see him leave?

Its bad from our Captain but he was never gong to say anything else, I guess the issue is why is he doing an interview for them in the first place.