Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

That is disgraceful. A club captain should never be "delighted" to see his star teammate go to a "rival" club (Liverpool are a mid table side - that's what we're looking to be, so they're our rivals in that respect), much less make statements which imply that he actually helped the player make the decision to leave. Even if he never intended it to come across that way, that's how it looks because he's chosen his words so poorly.

Definitely seems to be brown-nosing here. He knows he linked up well with Carroll here, he knows Liverpool are looking to revamp the squad (hence the "great new start for Liverpool" comment), so he's probably dreaming that Carroll will knock on Dalglish's door at some point and say "Gaffer, what about Nolan?" as backup for the declining Gerrard. And even if this is as far from the truth as it gets, it just goes to show how poorly he's chosen his words (or opted to do this unnecessary interivew in the first place) because some of us are undoubtedly going to jump to conclusions and theories like this. They're only two points ahead of us ffs, and he's talking about them like they're FC Barcelona.

But yeah, a few games and a goal or two later and this'll be forgotten. Still would like to see him go in the summer though, and that has nothing to do with his comments (more his apalling fitness, anonymous performances if he doesn't score, approaching 30 and will get slower whilst he's at peak value right now, etc etc).

Not that bothered really, after we boost our team with some key signings, we'll be PISSING ALL OVER LIVERPOOL.

Time to move on and focus on us, rather than ex players. Nolan can say what he likes as long as he keeps scoring for us.

"When we first heard about the move he asked me what I thought. You can imagine my reaction. I was delighted for him. "

Fucks sake. Irritates the hell outta me this.

I took that to mean that when it was first decided he was going. I don't get the impression that Nolan encouraged him to move.

"When we first heard about the move he asked me what I thought. You can imagine my reaction. I was delighted for him. "

f***s sake. Irritates the hell outta me this.

I took that to mean that when it was first decided he was going. I don't get the impression that Nolan encouraged him to move.

:thup:

Dont like the fact that he says when Carroll first heard the move he asked Nolan opinion, who was delighted for him.

Meaning our captain basically told our best player to go to another club he supports.

Not sure how you can not be arsed about that.

It's the use of the word delight that really pisses me off; how can anyone defend a club captain coming out and expressing his delight that the clubs biggest asset has just been sold, regardless of which clubs are involved? ???

Dont like the fact that he says when Carroll first heard the move he asked Nolan opinion, who was delighted for him.

Meaning our captain basically told our best player to go to another club he supports.

Not sure how you can not be arsed about that.

This is what pisses me off. What does it say about how our players view this club that they are delighted to see one of our key players leave to join a rival? People are calling Ashley but he's a businessman who isn't expected to look at anything past the money. You would have thought as captain of Newcastle Nolan would be selling Carroll on his career at this club.

Taken way out of context. He's said nothing particularly terrible there. He probably shouldn't have done it but all he says is that he's delighted for Carroll, he never says he's happy for the club. In fact he says the complete opposite if you read the last sentence, 'gutted to have lost him'. It was an ill advised interview but its been blown massively out of proportion.

Taken way out of context. He's said nothing particularly terrible there. He probably shouldn't have done it but all he says is that he's delighted for Carroll, he never says he's happy for the club. In fact he says the complete opposite if you read the last sentence, 'gutted to have lost him'. It was an ill advised interview but its been blown massively out of proportion.

Gutted to have lost him? Obviously. But he comes across like he is loving that he has joined Liverpool, and absolutely supported it. The bigger and better Liverpool - the massive opportunity.. It is terrible. The fact that he actually has an interview like this is in it self is terrible tbh. Not to start with some of the content...

Guest toonlass

Imagine Duncan Ferguson doing this on MUTV when they sold Rooney. More embarassment for our club.

Since when was Duncan Ferguson from Manchester, and a boyhood Manchester United fan?

Gutted to have lost him? Obviously. But he comes across like he is loving that he has joined Liverpool, and absolutely supported it. The bigger and better Liverpool - the massive opportunity.. It is terrible. The fact that he actually has an interview like this is in it self is terrible tbh. Not to start with some of the content...

Its quite difficult to interpret, like I said its ill advised, and he hasn't worded it very well at all. But it could mean anything, if he starts banging them in for Liverpool he'll be worshipped as I would have here and if we're being honest, they've more chance of top level European football than we have in the near future. At least will Fat Ash and Dekka are in charge anyway. So in that sense it is a massive opportunity for him. Don't get me wrong I absolute despise everything about Liverpool Football Club but as long as the current twats that hold the power are at St. James Park are in town then they're going to have much more opportunities to win things in years to come.

Guest toonlass

Imagine Duncan Ferguson doing this on MUTV when they sold Rooney. More embarassment for our club.

Since when was Duncan Ferguson from Manchester, and a boyhood Manchester United fan?

Why should that matter?

Because it does. Kevin Nolan is hardly going to say to LFCTV "I told Andy that Liverpool is a shit-hole, full of smackheads and thieves." LFCTV have asked Andy Carroll's friend, a Scouser who happens to be the captain of the team he's just left what he said to him. Nolan replied knowing the audience was going to be mainly Liverpool fans. Don't get your boxers in a twist about it.