Kevin Nolan's comments to Liverpool TV (see OP)

Guest axel
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hold on a minute, have I missed summat here or has Nolan actualy been quoted saying he told Carroll to leave?

According to some lad on RAWK, yes.

who the f***s this lad and what on earth is rawk? :lol:

Nice little riddle for ya then, get to work.

ne need to be a clever c*** like

:(

Rawk is Red and White Kop, it's Liverpools version of Ready to Go. Mongtastic.

ah right, thanks :shifty:

Haven't seen what he said, but the quote I've seen about him advising Carroll to 'go for it' doesn't have to mean 'you should go to Liverpool'. It might well have been said after things were basically sealed and he's advised Carroll not to get too down about how the transfers come about and instead to keep focused and make the best of his career and this new phase - attack the challenge. Would be good advice from a friend, too.

This interview does seem to be very ill-advised, though.

Furthermore, if he had the opportunity (I don't know that he did), I think as club captain he should have advised and encouraged Carroll to stick to his guns about staying here (I'm not someone who thinks Carroll is a cunt who forced it), for his and the club's good. There'd only be one good reason I can think for not doing that, and that's if he thinks Carroll's been screwed and the club is designed to just use, abuse and sell-on young footballers, in which case he shouldn't in the offer more than the thinnest defences of the regime in the future. I'm not assuming this is the case, by the way.

All this said, I'm not going to immediately forget everything Nolan has done for this club like some on here obviously have. He may have fucked up here, he may have fucked up big time, but he's the best captain I've known as a supporter and he's given us a lot.

Haven't seen what he said, but the quote I've seen about him advising Carroll to 'go for it' doesn't have to mean 'you should go to Liverpool'. It might well have been said after things were basically sealed and he's advised Carroll not to get too down about how the transfers come about and instead to keep focused and make the best of his career and this new phase - attack the challenge. Would be good advice from a friend, too.

Furthermore, if he had the opportunity (I don't know that he did), I think as club captain he should have advised and encouraged Carroll to stick to his guns about staying here (I'm not someone who thinks Carroll is a cunt who forced it), for his and the club's good. There'd only be one good reason I can think for not doing that, and that's if he thinks Carroll's been screwed and the club is designed to just use, abuse and sell-on young footballers, in which case he shouldn't in the offer more than the thinnest defences of the regime in the future. I'm not assuming this is the case, by the way.

All this said, I'm not going to immediately forget everything Nolan has done for this club like some on here obviously have. He may have fucked up here, he may have fucked up big time, but he's the best captain I've known as a supporter and he's given us a lot.

The Club captain has no right to go on LFC website and do what he did. Its a fucking disgrace and shows his paymasters a complete lack of respect.

For what it's worth, I think Pardew was telling the truth about how this came about.  I believe 100% that if Carroll wanted an immediate pay rise he'd be told where to go by Llambias.  On the other side of that, I think they would have looked at his contract again in the summer and I’m sure he’d have survived until the summer on his reported £30,000 a week salary.

The Club captain has no right to go on LFC website and do what he did. Its a fucking disgrace and shows his paymasters a complete lack of respect.

Don't expect to disagree with that.

Taking the bigger picture into consideration I think Nolan had every right to encourage Carroll to move, from a personal perspective.

Makes no sense. What bigger picture?

He can encourage him all he likes, just not in fucking public.

Makes us look like shit.

Taking the bigger picture into consideration I think Nolan had every right to encourage Carroll to move, from a personal perspective.

Taking the bigger picture into consideration if we want to move on from a club perspective we need to look to sign better players than Nolan. Players that Liverpool want in their team not Bolton rejects who don't feel this is the club for our best players.

Guest neesy111

How the fuck can Kevin Nolan comment on joining liverpool is a bigger upgrade when the biggest club he played at before NUFC was fucking shitty Bolton.  Strikes of fucking arrogance by the scouse twat.

Give Barton the Captains Armband.

Guest neesy111

Eh? Why the fuck would Nolan think this interview was a good idea?

He's a footballer, they do something and then think about.  A bit like me on here. :lol:

FFS Some Peoples reactions on here really f*** me off.

SO what If Kevin Nolan said that to Andy Carroll for one reason or another they have seemingly formed quite a friendship whilst playing for the club and if I was in Kevin Nolans Boots, I would have said exactly the same thing to any one of my mates. What people have to realise is that we may never know exactly what happened yesterday as far as bids, transfer requests, contract negotiations blah blah but what we do know is that AC9 is now a Liverpool player and lets face it, they were playing in Europe last season whilst we were playing Scunthorpe and their RECENT success is far greater than our own so he is goving his former Team-mate some good Motivation IMO at a time when, Possibly, AC is not feeling too great about events.

Footballers are going to do and say some funny things at times so lets just stop this s*** and concentrate on whats important.........The Club! [/rant]

Furthermore, if he had the opportunity (I don't know that he did), I think as club captain he should have advised and encouraged Carroll to stick to his guns about staying here (I'm not someone who thinks Carroll is a c*** who forced it), for his and the club's good. There'd only be one good reason I can think for not doing that, and that's if he thinks Carroll's been screwed and the club is designed to just use, abuse and sell-on young footballers, in which case he shouldn't in the offer more than the thinnest defences of the regime in the future. I'm not assuming this is the case, by the way.

All this said, I'm not going to immediately forget everything Nolan has done for this club like some on here obviously have. He may have f***ed up here, he may have f***ed up big time, but he's the best captain I've known as a supporter and he's given us a lot.

The Club captain has no right to go on LFC website and do what he did. Its a f***ing disgrace and shows his paymasters a complete lack of respect.

Tbh that is exactly what he has done and Nolan probably in the last few months has been closer to Carroll than anyone and will be privvy to things we dont know about ant that is why he has done it ,it is totally out of order and unprofessional of him to do the L.F.C website interview and either he is very niave or calculating your guess is as good as mine .Nolan for me for the most part has been a driving force for our club this season and showed great character througout a troubling time (Houghton) and he and the senior players have been great but now i wonder if the tide is turning after Pardews comments " Pardew is “worried” about Wednesday night’s visit to Fulham after admitting Carroll’s departure had sparked “disillusionment” throughout the training ground from masseur to top players. " .