Leon Best

Godot

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He'll probably be 2nd choice next year, hope he can keep up the standard he had going before he got injured. He's got the determination, a lot of good physical attributes and has a very strong goals record so :thup:

Best is quite the confident player, even some of the stuff he attempts on the pitch shows he isn't afraid or overwhelmed by this league, he's just a fairly average player.

Can't argue with his return this season though, he's kept us ticking on nicely

Aye, loved his celebrations against W.Ham, had been mainly written off by every one before the game then nets a hat-trick and celebrates as cool as you like, as if to say "I told you so."

He'll probably be 2nd choice next year, hope he can keep up the standard he had going before he got injured. He's got the determination, a lot of good physical attributes and has a very strong goals record so :thup:

I fucking hope not!  Yes, he's a reasonable player, but if he's our second best CF next season I think we'll have failed in the transfer market.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

I fucking hope not!  Yes, he's a reasonable player, but if he's our second best CF next season I think we'll have failed in the transfer market.

If we're going with one striker like we all seem to think, maybe he will. Of course our 'wide man' signing may well be a forward/winger player.

I'd be happy with him starting the season as 2nd choice. I'd like to see us bring in an established striker obviously and then a promising youngster who'll be looking to be pushing ahead of Best in a season's time.

I f***ing hope not!  Yes, he's a reasonable player, but if he's our second best CF next season I think we'll have failed in the transfer market.

From here:  http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/may/26/premier-league-opta-statistics

According to OPTA stats, young Besty was the 4th best striker in the Premier League according to goals per minute ratio:

1. Robin van Persie: 1 goal per 98.2 minutes

2. Dmitar Berbatov: 1 goal per 110.5 minutes

3. Javier Hernandez: 1 goal per 114.3 minutes

4. LEON BEST: 1 goal per 125.3 minutes

5. Carlos Tevez: 1 goal per 126.6 minutes

Amongst the other stat highlights in that article:

The sharpest individual shooter was Samir Nasri, who hit the target with 65.4% of his efforts, making him more precise than Dirk Kuyt (62%) and Peter Lovenkrands (60%).

And:

Wigan Athletic's Charles N'Zogbia again attempted more dribbles than any other player this season (301, way ahead of Jonas Gutiérrez on 219)

Guest axel

What a shite article, also why would anyone face a fight to keep Cameron Jerome? He is terrible.

Best strikes a ball with his weaker foot better than all of the other strikers can manage with their strongest. Pathetic really.

Completely over-the-top, but i agree in sentiment. If i was letting any of our current strikers go, Best would be the last.

Guest WashyGeordie

Didn't they want Loven? They're welcome to him now.

Or Xis-'the forgotten man'-co.

• 2 weeks later...