Leon Best

Godot

Guest icemanblue

Is that two-line article from an anonymous daily mail writer the only reason for this whole discussion?

Douglas is running with it, too.

Some seem to be forgetting that Best is, as things stand, part of our best XI. I don't particularly rate him either nor do I believe that he has proved himself in the top flight yet but who exactly is going to sit on the bench behind all these top class players (that we're getting on the cheap)? Some of our benches last season were f***ing dire.

While i agree in general tbh, we dont have a game coming up anytime soon so i am prepared to wait and see who we get in before worrying needlessly whether somebody may buy Best off us, at £4m the queue wont be too long.

That's my take on it as well. I'm waiting to see who comes in before I start to panic. I still wonder whether it's got something to do with his lifestyle, I'm sure he had some history as a youngster when he was quite highly rated but then got released...can't remember the club.

He's nowt special at all so if there's a good offer for him I can see the sense in getting rid of him while his stock is as high as (IMO) it'll ever be.

Is a bit worrying though because as poor as he is, he's still comfortably the best striker at the club as it stands.

Maybe Pardew has seen enough of him in training and matches and has came to the conclusion that overall he's not good enough but see's an opportunity to sell him for more than he is worth after the little good spell he had? His value will be higher than usual at the minute. Theres a good chance he will go back to the Leon Best we will sign and his value and confidence will plummet again. That Leon Best is not Premiership quality. Its not even an issue if we sign Ba and another couple of strikers. Especially if we're going 4-3-3 with 2 wingers more next season.

Didn't Pardew make a comment recently about us having some Championship players in the squad? Perhaps Best was one of the ones he was referring to

To be fair by premier standards our strikers are piss poor. If it's true that we are looking to bring in another striker as well as Ba and Erdinc that will be a lot stronger than the current line up.

Why not Lovenkrands? Best puts in a shift every game regardless of if he scores or not, Loven does nothing in a game he's a total passenger who only scores in the easier games because he's a championship standard player. Best also has time on his side he's 23/24 whereas Lovenkrands is on the wrong side of 30. Stupid decision by the club yet again.

Wouldn't it be better practice to offload these player's after we bring in suitable replacement's 1st. I have a horrible feeling we might be scrambling for signings come the close of the window to replace the player's moved on before we have their replacement's and i am the eternal optimist usually

Guest Roger Kint

Why not Lovenkrands? Best puts in a shift every game regardless of if he scores or not, Loven does nothing in a game he's a total passenger who only scores in the easier games because he's a championship standard player. Best also has time on his side he's 23/24 whereas Lovenkrands is on the wrong side of 30. Stupid decision by the club yet again.

Who are the clubs that will buy Lovenkrands then? We signed him for nowt with no competition twice in 8 months or whatever it was, he will be here til his contract ends.

Wouldn't it be better practice to offload these player's after we bring in suitable replacement's 1st. I have a horrible feeling we might be scrambling for signings come the close of the window to replace the player's moved on before we have their replacement's and i am the eternal optimist usually

It could be a sign that we are fairly confident of signing the strikers we want.

I wonder when the club told him he can go? Just because the news has only come out doesn't mean his agent wasn't informed around the time Smith and Ranger were told.

I can't say I'm bothered as long as replacements are brought in, our strikers are just not good enough and fingers crossed the news comes out over the next few days that Shola and Lovenkrands have been told they can go too.

Who are the clubs that will buy Lovenkrands then? We signed him for nowt with no competition twice in 8 months or whatever it was, he will be here til his contract ends.

villarreal?

http://footytweets.com/villarreal/news/135432

Some people need to be stuck on suicide watch on here like.

Such a typical response on here these days, criticism = pessimistic bastards. It's a message board, people debate stuff. Go and read a website if two way interaction is beyond you.

villarreal?

http://footytweets.com/villarreal/news/135432

They finished fourth in La Liga last season ...

Some people need to be stuck on suicide watch on here like.

Such a typical response on here these days, never ending monotonous boring tiresome over-the-top criticism = pessimistic bastards. It's a message board, people debate stuff. Go and read a website if two way interaction is beyond you.

:)

Just reiterating something from the NUFC transfer rumour thread:

Hope we don't sell Best like. When called upon, he can do a good job! The best out of our current striking options (bar Ba).

(That's if we sign Ba).