Leon Best

Godot

I don't think i'll ever be sold on him unfortunately. Its a daft stance, but I just can't help it. :(

Nothing wrong about that, usually people who love the sport don't get sold on useless below average players like Leon Best and James Perch. FFS!

He's awful but so is Lovenkrands btw!

Give over, you want people to agree with your useless shit many times, while you are sometimes one of the best poster on this forum you just have to look at his footballing abilities and give up. He's fucking awful and your posts about him are ridiculous.

GOOD NIGHT.

Give over, you want people to agree with your useless s*** many times, while you are sometimes one of the best poster on this forum you just have to look at his footballing abilities and give up. He's f***ing awful and your posts about him are ridiculous.

GOOD NIGHT.

Love how serious some people take posting on here. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

He looks like a boxer trying to play football. He certainly doesn't play like any other striker I've ever seen, but he works his arse off, and can be effective, so I like him.

He is awful at heading and struggles with offsides BUT he is a trier

Spot on.  His heading yesterday was pretty embarrassing.  Not even close to hitting the right part of his head.  He gets in the positions surely the heading technique is something that could he taught.

Doing all right in my book. Not breaking the duck for a while must have put pressure on the lad, but it hasn't destroyed him. Was unlucky against Spuds and put the ball in the net twice yesterday.

Rather have him than a panic-bought Carlton Cole.

I think he's a crap all-round player, but also believe that if a Premier League team started him in 30-38 games, he'd score them about 10 goals.  He gets in really decent positions and isn't a bad finisher at all.  His heading is shit and his lay-offs, passing, etc are fucking shit n'all.  I think he has potential for improvement given his size, but atm he's a player that contributes little to overall play but will pop up with a goal now and then.

He's also clearly got a bit of character about him as well.  He does not hide and he earns his wedge when he's on the pitch as far as I'm concerned.

Guest Gemmill

watching the game again on football first.. Bests goal comes from his total inability to head the ball.  He tries to score with his head.  Totally fucks it up and the ball lands at his feet... lol. 

That was my favourite thing about that goal.

Re the rest of the thread, he's scoring some goals and I'm pleased for us and him, but let's be under no illusions:  he is shit.

watching the game again on football first.. Bests goal comes from his total inability to head the ball.  He tries to score with his head.  Totally f***s it up and the ball lands at his feet... lol. 

That was my favourite thing about that goal.

Re the rest of the thread, he's scoring some goals and I'm pleased for us and him, but let's be under no illusions:  he is s***.

Pretty much. tho long may it continue  :celb:

His offsides are terrible mind, one in the first half particularly bad.

I know the one you mean - where barton played him in and he was so far offside it was comical but there was one in the second half and he ran along the line screaming for the ball and it never came - so it goes both ways - but its wrong to say - oh he is shite - when clearly he is not - he is two footed for a start, quick and very athletic with a good shot - lacks a bit of grey matter though

Honestley I think wejust have to see with this one. Terrible positioning, yet can always snatch a goal in if  u give him a chance and considering the teams we've had to play against so far when he's been in the 1st team have quite good defenders I'd like to see how he does against crap teams (Wigan, Wolves)and the like. He could be the player who snatches a goal and wins us the 3 points against the shit in the league.

Has anyone ever seen anyone with poorer heading technique?  Christ.  Fair play for the goal but he was terrible in that match,  gives 100% though so you cant fault him but he is not premier league standard.  the timing of his runs are terrible as well, doesnt even look across the line, just runs towards the goal.