Leon Best

Godot

I thought he was excellent today; obviously should have had a couple of goals but his movement, pace, trickery and work for the team in winning free-kicks etc was outstanding. Light years ahead of Ameobi.

Unfortunately I see him being the one to make way for Ben Arfa after Ba's goals.

That's the best I've seen him play, and honestly at times I had to double check that it was Best on the ball because he was so quick with his feet and around the pitch. His confidence looks sky high and he looks twice the player as a result. Honestly I'd be happy with any two from Best, Ba and HBA right now and I never thought I'd have said that before today.

Still don't rate him as a footballer, if you guys know what I mean. However, he's scoring goals and his will is creating him chances. I admire the fact that he tries so hard, but everyone can admit that he's not the most talented footballer.

Not criticizing him, I actually like him a lot and thinks he deserves to stay in the team, maybe had we sold him in the summer it would've been the biggest mistake of the summer.

Did really well to create space for himself, get a yard on defenders and get shots away yesterday.

Obviously needs to take a little more care with driving shots and getting over the ball, not just leathering it - but that's a minor IMO.

Only saw football first, but he looked class. Held it up well, won loads of headers against Samba and should have had at least two. Made some quality runs and his quick feet, change of direction, skill etc was superb. Last two games him and Ba have started to look like a quality front pairing. Tin hat on here, but I am wondering at the minute where Hatem fits in? Ba and Besty should not be dropped just yet, both playing really well. For tactical reasons would probably start HBA against Spurs in a few weeks, think Ba will eventually be our first choice striker, but Leon is a good player who seems to be getting better.

Just loved how he turned Samba away in the end there. Just showed what Bestie is all about tbf. He does that kind of thing alot during games, and usually he's lethal in that kind of position. Hopefully Ba will score as regular as Best and both will end up around the 15 goals mark by the end of the season. Can see HBA nick a few aswell as Cabaye who got a really nice shot on him. Think we can see a quite nice season comming up.

Only saw football first, but he looked class. Held it up well, won loads of headers against Samba and should have had at least two. Made some quality runs and his quick feet, change of direction, skill etc was superb. Last two games him and Ba have started to look like a quality front pairing. Tin hat on here, but I am wondering at the minute where Hatem fits in? Ba and Besty should not be dropped just yet, both playing really well. For tactical reasons would probably start HBA against Spurs in a few weeks, think Ba will eventually be our first choice striker, but Leon is a good player who seems to be getting better.

Seems strange to say it but Carroll had his least effective games for us against Samba and Haangeland, yet Best's given both of them a bit of a battering. He's a lot better in the air than I first realised.

Seems strange to say it but Carroll had his least effective games for us against Samba and Haangeland, yet Best's given both of them a bit of a battering. He's a lot better in the air than I first realised.

Yep.  Yet I still read from a lot of people he does nowt except score goals.  His all round game is very underrated IMO and to say he's just a poacher type is a lazy opinion.

Did really well to create space for himself, get a yard on defenders and get shots away yesterday.

Obviously needs to take a little more care with driving shots and getting over the ball, not just leathering it - but that's a minor IMO.

Most strikers learn to not 'sky' their shots in the playground. Very basic technique errors on more than one occasion. Hopefully the coaches will take him back to his schooldays and teach him to do as you quite rightly suggest and get his head over the ball.

Yep.  Yet I still read from a lot of people he does nowt except score goals.  His all round game is very underrated IMO and to say he's just a poacher type is a lazy opinion.

Always thought he has been very good in the air. He's not massive but he leaps and hangs well.

Most strikers learn to not 'sky' their shots in the playground. Very basic technique errors on more than one occasion. Hopefully the coaches will take him back to his schooldays and teach him to do as you quite rightly suggest and get his head over the ball.

Saying he should be able to show the same technique in the schoolyard as being in front of the gallowgate end is a bit like saying if you can knock the bottom drawer out of your lass for 30 minutes then you should be able to bang Cheryl Cole without spaffing after a minute.

He went for power instead of placing his shots but we know he can hit the target, should have scored at least once though so i was a bit disappointed.