Godot

Barclays Premier League Top Scorers

Rooney Man Utd 8

Aguero Man City 6

Dzeko Man City 6

Agbonlahor Aston Villa 3

Best Newcastle 3

Go on Besty lad!

Quite ironic that apparently Best was one of the reasons the board used for Hughton's departure, yet several times he's pulled something out of the bag to get Pardew out of sticky situations.

Is that actually true? It did cross my mind as well that Hughton's judgement had been vindicated but I was never sure if the board actually used that as an excuse to sack him or it was just a rumour.

Now for James Perch to pull a total 180 and leave Hughton with a 100% transfer record.

<____________<

Fat Sol will always be a stain on Hughton's record.

Now for James Perch to pull a total 180 and leave Hughton with a 100% transfer record.

<____________<

Fat Sol will always be a stain on Hughton's record.

He was adequate cover at 4th choice. The fact he was on an absolute shitload is nothing to do with Hughton, surely...

Perch is the only bad signing Hughton made.

Dutch commentator said Bestie has never finished the full 90 minutes for us.. If true, makes me wonder why.. He seems easily fit enough to last a full match..?

Seems a lot of the time he comes off with minor knocks. Other than that, it's pretty normal for attacking players to be subbed off.

Dutch commentator said Bestie has never finished the full 90 minutes for us.. If true, makes me wonder why.. He seems easily fit enough to last a full match..?

Seems a lot of the time he comes off with minor knocks. Other than that, it's pretty normal for attacking players to be subbed off.

True enough, but it seems he gets subbed regardless of whether he plays well or not, or is obviously injured or not. For the number of starts he had second half of last season and start of this it's an amazing stat iyam..

True enough, but it seems he gets subbed regardless of whether he plays well or not, or is obviously injured or not. For the number of starts he had second half of last season and start of this it's an amazing stat iyam..

I think it's just Pardew likes to have a fresh big man on to close down defenders. Maybe he feels Best won't have enough gas in the tank to do it as effectively as a sub.

He always looks shattered in the final quarter of a game. He certainly does a lot of chasing but we'll need to work on how he manages his energy levels now he's a regular starter.

Guest bimpy474

Tbf the hat trick against West Ham, he came off for the round of applause, and against Arsenal (4-4) its was Harpers elbow drop that done him in that game.

Only made 20 starts in all competitions since we signed him according to Soccerbase. Not all that surprising IMO.

Tbf the hat trick against West Ham, he came off for the round of applause, and against Arsenal (4-4) its was Harpers elbow drop that done him in that game.

Yeah, just seems like one of these weird quirks to me, don't see any reason why he couldn't last 90 minutes.

Attacking players will always get subbed more than defenders anyway.

Guest bimpy474

Yeah, just seems like one of these weird quirks to me, don't see any reason why he couldn't last 90 minutes.

Attacking players will always get subbed more than defenders anyway.

Very true, that and wide midfielders, no wonder wingers get fed up at times :D

Guest Howaythetoon

He's a strange one, he has a hell of a lot of attributes in that he's quick, athletic, skilful, strong and a decent finisher but his goals aside, I don't see much in him or rather his performances which considering his attributes, he could become something quite special. He's by far our best forward at the moment though and its pleasing to see a punt if you like come good and scoring goals for us. He cost nothing to be honest but is delivering.