Connor wickham

Guest sicko2ndbest

Aren't all goals defensive errors?

I'm talking about the defence just standing there looking at each other, while Messi casually dribbles the ball past them all.

An 18 year who's scored about 6 goals in 50 odd appearences, and he's worth 10m? I'm not doubting his ability but the price suggested is ridiculous.

Come on man, we saw last week what sort of transfer market this can be. £10m is by no means a silly price for a kid who looks a real talent and is only going to get better and better.

Yes Shaun, the goals of Messi and Connor Wckham are undoubtedly comparable.

Watch Messi's goals. 80% of them are defensive errors.

:facepalm:

An 18 year who's scored about 6 goals in 50 odd appearences, and he's worth 10m? I'm not doubting his ability but the price suggested is ridiculous.

I would, i don't think he'll ever be a starter for England he was brought through at a young age and got him noticed he doesn't look that good for me.

I agree, and I think it happens a lot in England. Players potentials are often overrated if they break through at a younger age. He's got potential to be a good player, just not as good as some people are making out imo.

Yes Shaun, the goals of Messi and Connor Wckham are undoubtedly comparable.

Watch Messi's goals. 80% of them are defensive errors.

:facepalm:

I would, i don't think he'll ever be a starter for England he was brought through at a young age and got him noticed he doesn't look that good for me.

I agree, and I think it happens a lot in England. Players potentials are often overrated if they break through at a younger age. He's got potential to be a good player, just not as good as some people are making out imo.

Agreed - just because he has matured physically quicker than most other players his age, it doesn't make him worth £10m.  He looks promising, but 10m quid is a joke considering you could get established (non-english) internationals for the same price

Guest Stephen927

arent all goals defensive errors?

Yep, there's always something you can do to prevent the goal. Unless it's a rare wonder strike, but you could always take your boot off and chuck it at the ball.

Guest Roger Kint

Would be happy to get him, maybe sign Elmander on a free and get a decent striker from abroad in and get rid of Best, Loven, Xisco(sent Ranger on loan) although we will never see the back of Shola, as a bit part player i wouldnt be too fussed on him staying.

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool have also been linked although the latter won't be serious bidders having bought Carroll.

If only there were still players who actually like to play and challenge themselves instead of only thinking about money. We can offer him a regular spot in the line-up which I doubt the ones above can but most probably he'll end up warming the bench and doing routine daily training sessions somewhere around London...just another wasted talent

Guest sicko2ndbest

Wickham gervinho elmander amoebi and ranger

Xisco loven kuqi and best to go

This department needs a complete overhaul