Ewerthon

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Flatline

Ewethorn used to be one of the first signings I made in Championship manager (before it became Football manager) and always banged in a load of goals for me.

Think it would be a good move to get him on board even if it was just until the end of the season.

Ah, that's nice to know Mike....

:lol:

This would be a very, very good signing.

He is very quick.

I remember when he was at Zaragoza with Milito upfront, those 2 were awesome together.

were they relegated that season? I remember they had a few cracking players in their team the time they went down (like Aimar, Ayala, Oliveira etc....)

This would be a very, very good signing.

He is very quick.

I remember when he was at Zaragoza with Milito upfront, those 2 were awesome together.

were they relegated that season? I remember they had a few cracking players in their team the time they went down (like Aimar, Ayala, Oliveira etc....)

He was on loan that season IIRC, then went on to score 25+ goals for Zaragoza in our second division.

A few of us mentioned him the other day so its great to see an actual basis behind it. He's by far the best free transfer out there and would improve us. Lets get this sorted in the next few days - its a no brainer.

The "basis" was probably some journo seeing you mention him :lol:

I read on another Brazilian football forum that the reason Ewerton left was not all down to injury but also due to the fact that he couldn't link up well with their main striker Kleber....but he was decent there...1 goal every 3 games roughly including coming off the bench.

Guest TrueToon

just til the end of the season.Win win situation really.If he is shit then it makes no difference,If he is good then thats a bonus..

Just looking up Ewerthon on youtube and in 2009 and wot not seemed like a good player. Could do well as NUFC. Just hope we don't do a Pardew and give him a ridicously long contract - end of the season will do

I`m assuming he`s got a Spanish passport from his time in Spain to bypass the usual non EU work permit isssue .....(he played 7 times for Brazil but that was a good while back)

IIRC one of the reasons Zaragoza sold him is that he failed to get one and they needed his non-EU player roster spot for Suazo.

that would be surprising considering it`s piss easy to get a Spanish passport for Latin American players (2 years residence IIRC) . He was there for 6 years :lol:....but fair enough if what you say is correct.

He went on loan to Stuttgart right after he accrued the mandatory two years, and wasn't able to start the process until he returned to Zaragoza (must reside in Spain, and I suspect that leave might have even "resetted" the clock - I'm not that familiar with the law). Also I suspect he was due a bonus if he achieved it (pretty common in Spain to pay a bonus to a player when he gets an EU passport) and Zaragoza don't have a pot to piss on.

Found out he does indeed have a Spanish passport....at least according to his agent.

"During his time with Dortmund and Zaragoza, a host of Premier League clubs were very keen to get him, but at that time he could not get a work permit and he did not have European citizenship.

"Now that has changed and he is available on free transfer. He has many good options in England.

"The player also has offers to return to Germany and Spain, but he didn't want to finish his career having not played in England and sees now as the ideal time to fulfil that.

"He is keen to get the deal done, but there is not the urgency like some deals as he can sign outside the window."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6704074,00.html

I`m assuming he`s got a Spanish passport from his time in Spain to bypass the usual non EU work permit isssue .....(he played 7 times for Brazil but that was a good while back)

IIRC one of the reasons Zaragoza sold him is that he failed to get one and they needed his non-EU player roster spot for Suazo.

that would be surprising considering it`s piss easy to get a Spanish passport for Latin American players (2 years residence IIRC) . He was there for 6 years :lol:....but fair enough if what you say is correct.

He went on loan to Stuttgart right after he accrued the mandatory two years, and wasn't able to start the process until he returned to Zaragoza (must reside in Spain, and I suspect that leave might have even "resetted" the clock - I'm not that familiar with the law). Also I suspect he was due a bonus if he achieved it (pretty common in Spain to pay a bonus to a player when he gets an EU passport) and Zaragoza don't have a pot to piss on.

Found out he does indeed have a Spanish passport....at least according to his agent.

"During his time with Dortmund and Zaragoza, a host of Premier League clubs were very keen to get him, but at that time he could not get a work permit and he did not have European citizenship.

"Now that has changed and he is available on free transfer. He has many good options in England.

"The player also has offers to return to Germany and Spain, but he didn't want to finish his career having not played in England and sees now as the ideal time to fulfil that.

"He is keen to get the deal done, but there is not the urgency like some deals as he can sign outside the window."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_6704074,00.html

Fair enough, I checked and he still didn't have it when Zaragoza sold him, but he was expected to get it "soon". I suppose he managed to get one in the interim despite living in Brazil.