Shefki Kuqi

ponsaelius

This article was posted in the Ameobi thread:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/feb/10/shola-ameobi?

"We paid huge sums of money for Peter [Lovenkrands] and [Leon] Besty so Shefki's never going to challenge them unless he rises to the occasion, comes on the pitch and attacks it. I've just got a sneaky feeling he might just do that – he's got that sort of character.

:dowie:

What is it with managers thinking we paid money for P-Lov? I remember Dave Jones saying "well look at how much their sub striker Lovenkrands cost and then look at who I brought off the bench from the academy" or something stupid last season. :lol:

When Wenger (Campbell) or Ferguson (Goram) does something like this they're applauded for finding a cheap, short-term solution. When we attempt it...

:lol:

Fergie also signed up a clapped out Laurent Blanc and Henrik Larsson.

When Wenger (Campbell) or Ferguson (Goram) does something like this they're applauded for finding a cheap, short-term solution. When we attempt it...

Cantonas mate William Prunier.

All the players mentioned were top class at some point. Shekfi Kuqi?

Im slightly drunk and slightly mad i cant quote on my phone. but im slightly upset that some people seem to think hesa completely clueless guy who will stroll around and pick up his paycheck. even if his touch isnt always silky and the finishing will leave a lot to be desired for he will always chase and fight for EVERY ball.i just hope u dont completely judge him before he plays becouse i really think he'll win people over.

He looks trimmer than I expected in the training photos.

Just had a look... indeed. He also seems like he's just picked up all of Xisco's old gear

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/5433648913_99780d2141.jpg

Guest bmoregeordie

Looks like a Russian gangster who's tried to infiltrate the training ground.

hell. i'd even take that over lovenkrands at this point.

Im slightly drunk and slightly mad i cant quote on my phone. but im slightly upset that some people seem to think hesa completely clueless guy who will stroll around and pick up his paycheck. even if his touch isnt always silky and the finishing will leave a lot to be desired for he will always chase and fight for EVERY ball.i just hope u dont completely judge him before he plays becouse i really think he'll win people over.

Hope you are right, there's something about this signing which gives me hope, can't put my finger on it, sort of like when we appointed pardew, very unhappy and against then after settling down a bit can see the positives.

It's set up for him to become a bit of a cult hero if he takes his chances.

Hilarious!  He could be the new Siberski.  Kuqi probably sees this as his greatest opportunity/experience in his career and for that reason he will work his socks off. He will be proud as hell when pull on the famous jersey.  And for that reason, combined with the fact that he's almost free, I welcome him. We've had enough players that couldn't care less about the club. Kuqi is not one of them.