Every player has his price?

TRon

then 14mill would probably have got him.

Which begs the question why did Ashley sell him for half that amount to a business rival?

cos his manager said it was a good deal, im sure harry redknapps bought and sold in a similar manner......we wou;dnt be the first club to have sold someone only to buy them back again.

The club undervalued him when we sold him, he's improved since while being wigans only hope of staying up, ie £40m of revenue. So Zoggy had a price, just we were nowhere near it in the final hours of the window, last bid wad £14m rejected, if we offer £12m in the summer it will be accepted, less if they go down.

The club undervalued him when we sold him, he's improved since while being wigans only hope of staying up, ie £40m of revenue. So Zoggy had a price, just we were nowhere near it in the final hours of the window, last bid wad £14m rejected, if we offer £12m in the summer it will be accepted, less if they go down.

Pretty much this, especially the last part. Would love him back.

Guest TrueToon

Maybe Insomnia doesn't want to come back here.

It was clear in the interview he had that he would have if they had more time and wigan would have accepted the offer and all he talked about was "I just to work hard for wigan until the end of the season" Yeah until the summer then you will want to come home...:-)

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kx4nl2PTMr1qzpzfmo1_400.jpg

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! (Sorry, it's just the first thing that I thought of when I saw the thread title).

The N'zogbia offer just seemed like the 'two 8 million pound plus' bids that Newcastle made in the last hour on transfer deadline day January 2009.  We had money from two unpopular transfers out of the club and they wanted to say that they had at least tried to spend it.

Has he actually improved, or is he still just as inconsistent as ever with a few good moments/games that make him look great on MOTD? Honestly don't know, but I think a lot of the time "he's improved since he left" gets thrown around undeservedly, just because we don't get to see the player's flaws week in week out.

Pretty sure he'd be more effective more often than Gutierrez like.

Guest Roger Kint

so how come we couldn't buy Charles N'Zogbia from a small town club like Wigan for £12m after selling him for much less to Ashley's biggest rival?

Because Whelan hates Ashley and the idea of selling his one real hope of Premier League survival 10 minutes before the transfer wndow closed would be an utterly mental thing to do?

so how come we couldn't buy Charles N'Zogbia from a small town club like Wigan for £12m after selling him for much less to Ashley's biggest rival?

maybe, aside from the whelan-ashley hate, wigan had enough about them to realise selling one of their best players minutes before the window closed would have pretty much nailed them for relegation and cost more than the sale of the player would rake in

not taking the 12m and potentially banking their PL status ftw!

Which begs the question why did Ashley sell him for half that amount to a business rival?

cos his manager said it was a good deal, im sure harry redknapps bought and sold in a similar manner......we wou;dnt be the first club to have sold someone only to buy them back again.

Wait though I thought Ashley & Co always got a good price i.e Milner & AC. Is it not them got shit poor price for CNZ?

Because Whelan hates Ashley and the idea of selling his one real hope of Premier League survival 10 minutes before the transfer wndow closed would be an utterly mental thing to do?

That's sort of my point. Not every owner feels forced to sell just because other clubs start bidding for their best players.

Guest Roger Kint

That's sort of my point. Not every owner feels forced to sell just because other clubs start bidding for their best players.

But thats not the point at all. Whelan selling Charlie for a £6m profit is never going to be a justifiable gamble when £25m is at stake. Particularly considering even if they go down with him they will make that much in the summer regardless.

Wait though I thought Ashley & Co always got a good price i.e Milner & AC. Is it not them got s*** poor price for CNZ?

who said that ? i didn't and there was certainly a spell when ashley first came  when he was financially stupid in fees and wages.

I'd have N'Zogbia back any day of the week, so long as i had assurances he wasn't going to spit his dummy out if we don't make the Champions League. I also wouldn't delve too far into double figures. There are probably more appropriate targets out there tbh.

It wasn't "just bidding" though was it?  It was stupid crazy money bidding.  To use your example, Whelan would have sold if we'd offered 30m.   That would have been N'Zogbias price.

Every player has his price and that price can change from minute to minute or buyer to buyer.