Greatest Moment as an NUFC Supporter?

Guest EastEndGeordie

For one moment of pure ecstasy, Tiote's goal surpasses everything I've every experienced at St James' Park. Everybody who witnessed that moment completely lost themselves, I've never seen a goal celebrated like that in all my life. Just talking about it still makes me want to jump up and down like a raving lunatic.

I can remember watching the telly as Shearer banged in that screamer against Spuds in the FA cup semi too, that was a great moment. As was the Bellamy last gasp winner against Feyenoord, but that memory's a bit blurred. Was probably the whole excitement thing.

Winning the Teresa Herrera Trophy, first MAJOR silverware in a looong time  :celb:

Seriously, 31 oct, L7 corner. What a fucking blast. Was a day in euphoria from we entered the Strawberry 9 in the morning to i went to bed i dont know when....

That was a crazy and unforgettable day!

Day we signed Shearer. We broke the WORLD transfer record to bring home a local lad as our no. 9. Surely we were about to become the dominant force in English, no, European football.

:blush:

Still the best feeling I've had about us though.

same here. our team, signing the alan shearer to partner sir les, breaking the transfer record. it being worldwide news, the amount of people at the stadium, a truly special day.

also very high in great nufc moments:

tiote's goal

5-1 this season

1 nil down, 4-1 up, albert luque wraps it up

finishing second to get into the champions league qualifiers on the day that boro and sunderland were both relegated

5-0 against man united

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I have no idea what the greatest moment I've had as an NUFC supporter was/is. I can remember vaguely my first game at SJP. Coca-Cola cup game, my dad, brother and me. I think A. Cole scored. Big Euro games Juventus/Feyenoord. Believing we were going to male the UEFA Cup final. Beating the makems 5-1. 

Guest Roger Kint

The noise and atmosphere of SJP v Barca for me, that fact it was an amazing end to end game as well made it my greatest moment.

The noise and atmosphere of SJP v Barca for me, that fact it was an amazing end to end game as well made it my greatest moment.

That's the one for me - best game, best result  (considering the opponents) and best atmosphere I've ever witnessed.

Guest dazzanufc1892

il go with bellamy v feyenoord.

or us vs chelsea when shearer hit the screamer at home to silence the start of the Abramovich era. Woody had Crespo in his pocket all game, amazing atmosphere too

Guest NewBoyPeetah

Shearer was amazing, I was on holiday with my Mam and brother, and my Dad faxed us the back page of the paper to the hotel.

That was the first I knew about it, it was amazing.

How about painting the Black and White on the Blackburn Sheaer ProStar :)

The moment I found it KK returned was amazing. I was walking good after getting my haircut and saw somebody with SSN on in their house. I don't know why but I knew the breaking news would be about us. So I stood right outside the window peering in like a perv and saw that Keegan was our manager. I was jumping about all the way home. I was ecstatic. The game had an amazing atmosphere that night 

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Bellamy's winning goal against Feyenoord. The nearest I've come to complete hysteria in my adult life.

No question for me, when discussing a single 'moment'. That was fucking brilliant.

I'm sure I have a different answer for this every time it's asked - which is a good thing really.

Currently it's 3-2 against Barca, one of the earliest games I went to where I truly appreciated the amazing atmosphere. I'd been to plenty of others before then but nothing quite so special.

I'm sure I have a different answer for this every time it's asked - which is a good thing really.

Currently it's 3-2 against Barca, one of the earliest games I went to where I truly appreciated the amazing atmosphere. I'd been to plenty of others before then but nothing quite so special.

:weep: