Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

Mine was Dyer VS Bowyer  :lol:

First time there, not so happy.

Possibly the most frustrating game I've ever been at, and that was before the fight. I hardly blamed them, I was ready to fight someone.

Though I looked a right cock, cos I didn't realise what had happened so was chanting 'LEE BOWYER!' when he was walking off the pitch. :lol:

scunthorpe 1-1 in the 74 fa cup run.

first league game was the season opener the next season at home to coventry (3-2) i got lost on my way back from the bogs (strawberry corner) as my dad was stood in the middle of the gallowgate. allowing a 7yr old to go to the bogs on his own through a crowded terrace would now involve social services.

March 1961

Away to Spurs, 10 years old.

It was the year they won the double..... and we were relegated.

However, we stuffed them 2-1 !!!

Allchurch and Scanlon.

They missed a pen I think, pushed over the bar by Hollins.

Was just reminiscing with my older brother at the weekend. He took me to the game.

Dad had moved south for work in the 30's, and my brother grew up with the 50's cup wins, lucky sod!

The game was also notable for the fact that as it was jampacked I was lifted over the heads of the crowd to sit on the police bench right next to the goal - into which we scored the winner!

It was on BBC TV news that night - pictures of a blond-haired boy with a big Newcastle rosette, sitting among a bench full of coppers.

Always had a taste for wins over Spurs ever since!!

August 1967, first league game of the season, at home to Southampton. I was 11 years old. Stood in the Gallowgate. We won 30. Only thing I can really remember from the match is Gordon Marshall saving a penalty at the Leazes End with a dive to his right.

We're the same age Ozzie but I got to the match a couple of years before you - posted earlier.

The season we began against Soton 3-0 was the first season I saw every home game - I made it a mission and had a scrapbook with reports of every game.

March 1961

Away to Spurs, 10 years old.

It was the year they won the double..... and we were relegated.

However, we stuffed them 2-1 !!!

Allchurch and Scanlon.

They missed a pen I think, pushed over the bar by Hollins.

Was just reminiscing with my older brother at the weekend. He took me to the game.

Dad had moved south for work in the 30's, and my brother grew up with the 50's cup wins, lucky sod!

The game was also notable for the fact that as it was jampacked I was lifted over the heads of the crowd to sit on the police bench right next to the goal - into which we scored the winner!

It was on BBC TV news that night - pictures of a blond-haired boy with a big Newcastle rosette, sitting among a bench full of coppers.

Always had a taste for wins over Spurs ever since!!

Get in !!!  Someone earlier than me  :celb:

Nice story !

first league game was the season opener the next season at home to coventry (3-2) i got lost on my way back from the bogs (strawberry corner) as my dad was stood in the middle of the gallowgate. allowing a 7yr old to go to the bogs on his own through a crowded terrace would now involve social services.

Allowing a 7 year old into the Gallowgate bogs would be child cruelty with or without an adult. Should have had the RNLI on duty. Minging.

Allowing a 7 year old into the Gallowgate bogs would be child cruelty with or without an adult. Should have had the RNLI on duty. Minging.

thats why he told me to go the strawberry corner ones, also he could watch for me coming back (which he obviously didn't)

Cant be sure but its between 5-0 win vs Nottingham 11th May 1997 at home or Hull at home 15th October 1997 in Worthington Cup. Won 2-0.

Scorers were Des Hamilton and Ian Rush :lol:

Hulls the first one i can remember but my Dad hasn't got a clue when i asked him. Daft bugger.

Hope its the first one like.

Toon 3-0 Peterborough in the 92/93 promotion season aged 7. Windy as fuck. Sat in the Platinum Club with my Grandpa, pretty much only other thing I can remember is having some Black Forest Gateaux with the bait beforehand and me and my Grandpa being the only people that didn't go in at HT. Been hooked every since.

August 1967, first league game of the season, at home to Southampton. I was 11 years old. Stood in the Gallowgate. We won 3–0. Only thing I can really remember from the match is Gordon Marshall saving a penalty at the Leazes End with a dive to his right.

We're the same age Ozzie but I got to the match a couple of years before you - posted earlier.

The season we began against Soton 3-0 was the first season I saw every home game - I made it a mission and had a scrapbook with reports of every game.

I guess I might have gone earlier had my dad, who eventually started taking me and my brother to matches, not been a Liverpool supporter.

I went to a few other games that season, but the only one I can really remember is the 3-4 against Man City, which was a brilliant game, even though we lost.

(Looking at the stats for that season, we had a home crowd of 59,679 against Sunderland and, incredibly, another of 59,569 for an FA Cup 3rd round tie against Carlisle.)

August 1967, first league game of the season, at home to Southampton. I was 11 years old. Stood in the Gallowgate. We won 3–0. Only thing I can really remember from the match is Gordon Marshall saving a penalty at the Leazes End with a dive to his right.

I guess I might have gone earlier had my dad, who eventually started taking me and my brother to matches, not been a Liverpool supporter.

I went to a few other games that season, but the only one I can really remember is the 3-4 against Man City, which was a brilliant game, even though we lost.

Aye me fatha took me a few times prior to that season.

One season he took me and brother to Sunderland away - dropped us off at the Roker End (non segregated days) with B&W scarfs etc while he went to another part of the ground and met us after the match - can you imagine that nowadays ?

They beat us 3-0 both home and away that season - imagine how they'd react if they ever did that again, bearing in mind how they celebrate draws against us now ?

1976. 2-2 home draw against manure. Hodgsons Arms behind the brewery for half a coke and a pre-match sing song, legged it to the ground at quater to three with my brother his mate and his dad. Sat in the "New stand" benches near the Leazes. I was only 8 and spent most of the game watching

"Longbenton Aggro" etc, fighting for control of the centre of the stand therfore can't remember any of the scorers or owt. Happy days though.