Your First Toon Game?

TheGuv

I don't remember it, but apparently it was a Newcastle Reserves vs Sunderland Reserves game when I was 5 (1994/1995) and 9,000 fans turned up.

The rest is history.

I was at that. 0-0 IIRC.

http://www.nufc.com/html/1993-94reserves.html

That was in 1993, Heza would have been 3.

It was a rough date tbh, I don't think i was 3 though.  :lol:

My Dad said it was 0-0 surprisingly enough. I'll double check later.

I don't remember it, but apparently it was a Newcastle Reserves vs Sunderland Reserves game when I was 5 (1994/1995) and 9,000 fans turned up.

The rest is history.

I was at that. 0-0 IIRC.

I was there aswell (to be honest it was my first reserve game) Kick off got delayed by 15 minutes.

1998 Newcastle 1 - Sheffield Wednesday 1

Don´t remember much of the game itself other than Paul Dalglish scored the goal, must have been quite noneventful and dull.

Was still a memorable match as my stepfather at the time booked us the wrong tickets so we ended up sitting in the away end. So there I was proudly wearing my newly bought 9 Shearer shirt surrounded by the away fans, then a few mins into the game Dalglish scored and I leaped from my seat fists in the air and everything, can still remember the panic on my stepdad´s face as he frantically tried pulling me back to the seat with everyone giving us murderous eye stairs. Some nice police officer allowed us to change seats during the second half so at least I didn´t have to sit through the whole game in the away end.

9th Nov 2008 @ Fulham

First match after many years of following from afar, arrived at Craven Cottage with great anticipation, where we went out and played heartlessly, losing 2-1.  Of the 12 that played for us that day, 6 would be gone within a year, and we'd be in the Championship. 

Barton had just come back from a long suspension, and 6 months in the clink before that.  And a plague of injuries before that.  And on that day he was the only one that played with any grit.  After the match everyone sulked off to the locker room with their heads down, except for Barton.  He jogged over to the visitor's stand, waved a little boy to come over and he gave him his shirt.  Spent time talking with the supporters, thanking and encouraging them.  I was very impressed with him, and (almost) everything he's done since that game has affirmed what I saw from him that day, as opposed to what the press had been pumping out about him, and still does.

Early 80s, with my old man and CP40.

I think it was Fulham where we won in the last few minutes scoring 2 goals to lead 2-1.  

Wasnt that 3-2?

The match was shown on MOTD which was very unusual for a Div 2 game but the most memorable thing about that game was that it absolutely pissed down and there was steam coming off the crowd by the end of the game. It was f***ing torrential.

Btw my first game was in the early 70's against Stoke I think and we won 3-2 I think but I could be wrong on both counts.

aye pretty sure it finnished 3-2, keegan playing for us- supermac was Fulhams manager-

Was thinking about that game when we drew 4-4 with Arsenal. Rare event -  we looked f*** all like equalising never mind winning. Never leave early!

Think Trewick scored with 2-3 mins left and then Wharton improbably in injury time with a Leazes end scramble. I remember that more from the "going up" footage than actually being at the game  :laugh:

First match was a Coca-Cola cup match in 1996, about 3 days after we beat Man Utd 5-0. Newcastle 1 - 0 Oldham, Beardsley penalty. Not much happened after that tbh but Beardsley was my hero growing up so seeing him score was great. I would have been 8 incidentally.

October 1972 away to Stoke.  We lost 2-0.

We had gone for my brothers birthday and I had been pleading for ages to go to a game but was not allowed (my brother's first game had been 2-3 years earlier).  My main recollection was my Dad deciding to take us into the seats and complaining about how much it cost.

Cant be sure but its between 5-0 win vs Nottingham 11th May 1997 at home or Hull at home 15th October 1997 in Worthington Cup. Won 2-0.

Scorers were Des Hamilton and Ian Rush :lol:

Hulls the first one i can remember but my Dad hasn't got a clue when i asked him. Daft bugger.

Hope its the first one like.

the goals from that are on YouTube!  Obviously I can't post it, so I'll let you look, but I found them the other day with many other random highlights such as a 4-1 home win vs Coventry in 1998 and the Tranmere 3-2 away win in the FA Cup, 2000.

I have a strange memory of watching us vs Blackburn away in the league cup on a little television in some nondescript room inside SJP when I was about 7/8. Saha scored for us.

Were beam-backs like this normal before the age of illegal foreign internet streams?

I have a strange memory of watching us vs Blackburn away in the league cup on a little television in some nondescript room inside SJP when I was about 7/8. Saha scored for us.

Were beam-backs like this normal before the age of illegal foreign internet streams?

that goal was from a 694yd pass from didi hamman.

did anyone go to the beambacks at the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street?  I seem to remember watching 1-1 home draws vs the mackems and Arsenal there, Shearers first season.  2 folks from Metro Radio did a little thing beforehand handing out prizes to kids.  I think I got a ruler ( :lol: mint prize, I know) and a few copies of the old 'Black and White' magazine...

did anyone go to the beambacks at the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street?  I seem to remember watching 1-1 home draws vs the mackems and Arsenal there, Shearers first season.  2 folks from Metro Radio did a little thing beforehand handing out prizes to kids.  I think I got a ruler ( :lol: mint prize, I know) and a few copies of the old 'Black and White' magazine...

i watched the liverpool away game first season back up in the city hall.

did anyone go to the beambacks at the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street?  I seem to remember watching 1-1 home draws vs the mackems and Arsenal there, Shearers first season.  2 folks from Metro Radio did a little thing beforehand handing out prizes to kids.  I think I got a ruler ( :lol: mint prize, I know) and a few copies of the old 'Black and White' magazine...

i watched the liverpool away game first season back up in the city hall.

I saw the 2-2 away to the mackems (blew the 2-0 lead, Domi & Helder) in the (then Telewest) Arena.

that goal was from a 694yd pass from didi hamman.

Aye! Was FA Cup, not league as well.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sport/football/fa_cup/285482.stm

went to the beam back vs boro (90?)at sjp on medium sized screens.  :lol:

remember everyones faces as they entered the gallowgate and saw tvs at the leazes end. everyone knew what was going to happen, all looking round in anticipation- this kid made a run for it, a wpc grabbed him and spun him round, in seconds it was like charge of the light brigade- was a real comedy pitch invasion, police just stood like this :dontknow:

stream kept going off,result was bad 4-1? proper shit beam back

I went to one when we got beat by Liverpool, possibly 94/95. Can remember it being uncomfortable as fuck.

did anyone go to the beambacks at the old Odeon on Pilgrim Street?  I seem to remember watching 1-1 home draws vs the mackems and Arsenal there, Shearers first season.  2 folks from Metro Radio did a little thing beforehand handing out prizes to kids.  I think I got a ruler ( :lol: mint prize, I know) and a few copies of the old 'Black and White' magazine...

Watched the 0-0 play off semi final there, the place erupted when Kay missed the pen and then tried to put Budgie's head in the Fulwell End.