KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Makes me laugh how in general the wankers who hang around for their huge pay-off don't seem to get as much grief as those who walk away. Being incompetent and awarded money to fuck off, it's ridiculous. :lol:

Makes me laugh how in general the wankers who hang around for their huge pay-off don't seem to get as much grief as those who walk away. Being incompetent and awarded money to fuck off, it's ridiculous. :lol:

Sorry to point this out, but here you are in perfect agreement with Ashley.

The people who side against Keegan are either too young or too stupid to appreciate what he did here when he was allowed to choose his own players.

There is no other explantion for some of the guff in this thread.

The people who side against Keegan are either too young or too stupid to appreciate what he did here when he was allowed to choose his own players.

Couldn't agree more.

He did seek a pay-off. £25 million.

Now I know that there are all sorts of views as to Keegan's motivation in seeking that sum. But he did seek a pay-off.

And why shouldn't he?

Whether or not he was entitled to it, people can have their own view. But there have been a few posts which contrast Keegan's behaviour with other managers of supposedly lesser morals who have hung around in the hope of getting a big pay off.

Just pointing out that Keegan worked for us for 8 months and sought £25 million at the end of it.

Why was it the wrong decision to hire Keegan if everyone was happy after the 1-1 draw at Old Trafford? The signs were good, he had rejuvinated the players at the end of the previous season, what do you want from a manager? A good manager? Well isnt he that? The reason it 'ended in tears' was not because it was Kevin Keegan, it was because Ashley lied & undermined him. He's a good manager, the club were better off with him as manager, and Ashley arrogantly threw it away trying to change his contract, wanting him to be a puppet.

Dennis Wise bloody told him Gonzalez was a 'great player' and then turned around and then admitted to Keegan he'd never actually seen him play, and it was simply favour for agents. How can you go forward when your getting lied to like that? How could Keegan be honest with the fans about the 'structure' of the club? Of course the the board & manager dont always agree on things, have different opinions, but its not the norm that the DOF undermines the manager that blatently. Then you get the Milner situation before that, saying to Keegan they wouldnt sell him before a replacement is brought in and they did, the fact they hardly tried to keep him at all when he said he cant go on as long as he's being lied to and the 'system' stays in place.

It just seems like stuff such as 'should never have got Keegan, it was destined to fail' are cliche's without anything constrcutive to back them up, and ignore the fact we had a good manager and the actions of the owner.

Now I know that there are all sorts of views as to Keegan's motivation in seeking that sum. But he did seek a pay-off.

At the time of the club's flotation Keegan felt he deserved a bonus of around £1M for his role in taking the club forward which would have been a figure similar to Freddie Fletcher et al. Few would say he didn't deserve it for his part in making the club worth what it was.

He didn't get it and he left.

It seems he fared much better second time round.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-resignation-rocks-planned-flotation-1282372.html

It is one thing he has right to be fair to Ashley. Managers should not be paid off for failing.

tim, he was a manager that was not compatible with what the way the club intended to work, and one who carried a heavily emotional history with the club. It wasn't intelligent.

Yes, it wasnt the right choice to work with a DOF. "one who carried a heavily emotional history with the club" - well thats a positive as far as im concerned! How is it a negative? What does that emotion involve? What does that history involve? Positive things thats for sure, a man who knew the fans inside out, who loves the club AND a good manager? Yes please, the players playing in a noisier SJP, knowing that any game won is that extra bit special, imagine if we win something with someone who carries a heavily emotional history with the club? Wow, would be the pinnacle... but no, cant have any of that. Its like its backward thinking.

Makes me laugh how in general the wankers who hang around for their huge pay-off don't seem to get as much grief as those who walk away. Being incompetent and awarded money to f*** off, it's ridiculous. :lol:

It is one thing he has right to be fair to Ashley. Managers should not be paid off for failing.

nor should players.

At the time of the club's flotation Keegan felt he deserved a bonus of around £1M for his role in taking the club forward which would have been a figure similar to Freddie Fletcher et al. Few would say he didn't deserve it for his part in making the club worth what it was.

He didn't get it and he left.

It seems he fared much better second time round.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-resignation-rocks-planned-flotation-1282372.html

just add it to the list of reasons why he left first time round.

i'm certainly not one of those two and i'd like to think i'm not the other. keegan gave me the best football i've ever seen at SJP but can't help thinking he left because he was told we'd be having to belt tighten for a bit.

on another note it's supposed to be very strange for someone on a fixed term contract to win a constructive dismissal case and not have at least the remainder of the contract paid up.

It'll be interesting for me to see how Pardew reacts to this btw, and what he's prepared to say in defence of his superiors. Despite what some believe, there are surely a sizeable proportion of our fanbase that are understandably cynical about the notion of all this money going back into the team (as Pardew has already assured), specifically on new players.

From that perspective alone I'm glad Keegan said what he did.

So if this money is all reinvested in new players and wages are the majority on here going to say all right then Ashley kept his word  and Keegan butt out in future its just nowt to do with you anymore . I love what keegan did for us as a player and manager first time around but i wish he would keep a dignified silence but hey its a free country and all that  .

Why does discussion of Keegan always has to be binary, if you think Keegan is wrong, you must therefore be supporting Ashley? There is also no need to drag up issues on why of how he walked away/was constructively dismissed. The issue is his recent comment on Pardew not seeing any of the 35M based purely on how things went during his time. People are entitled to think that he is wrong and that he is over dramatizing the issue when he actually knows nothing about Mike's plan in the summer without being dragged into another Ashley vs Keegan debate.

People who think in binaries should grow up, it's not black or white, it's logically consistent to criticize KK for his recent comments without defending Mike on his dealings with KK. 

Things are only ever black and white at NUFC, though. :undecided:

i'm certainly not one of those two and i'd like to think i'm not the other. keegan gave me the best football i've ever seen at SJP but can't help thinking he left because he was told we'd be having to belt tighten for a bit.

on another note it's supposed to be very strange for someone on a fixed term contract to win a constructive dismissal case and not have at least the remainder of the contract paid up.

R u saying both camps were in the wrong but only Cashley looked the bad guy ,i hate what Ashley has done to our previous managers and im not defending him in the least just interested in your view tbh .

i think it was a bit more wrong doing by the employers than just that.

Make your choice madras.

young

stupid

guff