KK - "Pardew Won't See A Penny Of It"

Crumpy Gunt

Guest Wally_McFool

Well Kevin, maybe he'd have more money if you hadn't walked out of the club and then took compensation money :huff:

Oh noes, a Keegan hater.   :crazy2:

:fishing:

Just saying what a lot of us think.

Said he hopes we do well and that he would have accepted the Carroll offer anarl. What a man  :smitten:

Why would he have accepted the Carroll offer if he doesn't think the manager will get the money? :shifty:

I love that people genuinely think they can second guess Mike Ashley. The guy himself probably hasn't even made his mind up on how much of it will be spent yet -- from what we've seen so far, he operates on impulse rather than with any kind of logical planning. It sounds stupid for a businessman, but I really think the amount that Pardew will be able to spend will genuinely depend more on what mood Ashley is in at the time than anything else.

I love that people genuinely think they can second guess Mike Ashley. The guy himself probably hasn't even made his mind up on how much of it will be spent yet -- from what we've seen so far, he operates on impulse rather than with any kind of logical planning. It sounds stupid for a businessman, but I really think the amount that Pardew will be able to spend will genuinely depend more on what mood Ashley is in at the time than anything else.

Ding. Give that man a pineapple.

Just saying what a lot of us think.

Said he hopes we do well and that he would have accepted the Carroll offer anarl. What a man  :smitten:

Why would he have accepted the Carroll offer if he doesn't think the manager will get the money? :shifty:

Because he is a bloke who has been employed by MA and is in a position that realistically he shouldn't be and I grateful for that and the large wedge he is now on as a result maybe?

KK's opinions on what we will spend don't really count for much.

For me the key is that we get in players that strengthen the squad in the areas where its needed, and I am not bothered whether we spend the Carroll money to do that or not.

interview is a bit less clear cut than the quote in the title as regards his opinion. Pardew will spend, though with one or two others leaving it is certainly possible that yet again we'll have a zero or even negative net spend.

also, it's 30 seconds of a 12 minute interview, he was asked a question and responded to it with his feelings, so criticising someone who is a tv football pundit for talking about newcastle is pretty mental.

Andy's opinion about second guessing Ashley seems right - he won't have a real plan beyond the end of next week never mind for the summer. However the two principles he always seems to stick to no matter what are that he won't invest speculatively and that he sees himself as an outsider who wants to get one over on everyone else. How those principles align for the summer window remain to be seen.

Guest Wally_McFool

Well Kevin, maybe he'd have more money if you hadn't walked out of the club and then took compensation money :huff:

He never walked out though. He was constructively dismissed. ;)

The Admin boy clearly wasn't paying attention at the time.  :iamatwat:

You have to walk out or you can't be constructively dismissed  :shifty:

The Admin boy clearly wasn't paying attention at the time.  :iamatwat:

I was. I saw a perfectly decent man trying to help out the manager of our football club, bringing in world class signings to make him look good. And Keegan just didn't have the appreciation at all...

interview is a bit less clear cut than the quote in the title as regards his opinion. Pardew will spend, though with one or two others leaving it is certainly possible that yet again we'll have a zero or even negative net spend.

also, it's 30 seconds of a 12 minute interview, he was asked a question and responded to it with his feelings, so criticising someone who is a tv football pundit for talking about newcastle is pretty mental.

Andy's opinion about second guessing Ashley seems right - he won't have a real plan beyond the end of next week never mind for the summer. However the two principles he always seems to stick to no matter what are that he won't invest speculatively and that he sees himself as an outsider who wants to get one over on everyone else. How those principles align for the summer window remain to be seen.

:thup:

I love Keegan but I really hope he's wrong on this. One thing is for sure though, he knows what they're like far, far better than any of us do so his opinions hold quite a bit of sway with me.

I love Keegan but I really hope he's wrong on this. One thing is for sure though, he knows what they're like far, far better than any of us do so his opinions hold quite a bit of sway with me.

He had his chance to do or say anything about it a long time ago. I resent him having anything to say about the club now, even just a soundbite like this.

He had his chance to do or say anything about it a long time ago. I resent him having anything to say about the club now, even just a soundbite like this.

He is directly asked about it within a 13min piece where they talk football generally. There is more about the Man City handshake than there is about Newcastle. But what he does say is very telling in that they fucked him over regarding the Milner sale (ie he accepted the valuation was good but that there wasn't time to replace him, they gave him their word then sold him anyway) - I can imagine that's almost exactly what happened with Carroll.

Really good interview don't think he's said anything wrong/out of place. He's entitled to say whatever he wants, anyway. He's worked with Ashley/Llambias - none of you have.

Andy's earlier post (bottom of page 1) makes a lot of sense too.