Stoke City vs Newcastle United, Saturday 19th March, pre-match thread.

Anderson

He didn't sell Carroll, though.

But he did say Andy Carroll is not for sale, when he was not in the position to do so.

Howay man, what else could he say?

He shouldn't have said anything. He is not in a position to make such claims.

But he did say Andy Carroll is not for sale, when he was not in the position to do so.

If he had said no comment the press would have gone with something like "Pardew in the dark over Carroll sale" or just used the fact he couldn't deny it to mean that he was confirming it.

Either way he couldn't win, you can't really expect managers to be honest with the media all the time. And you can't get around that by not saying anything.

9th March: http://www.nufc.co.uk/articles/20110309/boss-hoping-for-injury-boost_2281670_2311848

"I am going to pick the team on Thursday. In recent weeks we have been trying to get players through Thursday and Friday to be able to play on Saturday, and it hasn't worked for us.

"So we will now nail our team down on Thursday morning and go with it, whatever it is."

17th March: http://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/8917415.Pardew_ponders_tactics/

"I will make a decision on Jonas and Joey on Friday," said Pardew, who has put Ferguson on a steak and milk diet to bulk him up. "They are very close so I can't say too much."

:lol:

I've never seen a manager contradict himself than Pardew, getting a bit silly if not tiresome now

Blatant lies unless you haven't followed us at all for the past decade :lol:

which part are blatant lies? Which NUFC manager in your view has dished out more contradictions in such a short space of time?

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Football/Pix/pictures/2009/1/31/1233409993906/Joe-Kinnear-001.jpg

http://www.newcastleis.com/roeder_calm.jpg

"He's right, Glen Roeder doesn't make contradictions."

What are you on? Do you understand the concept of relative? Of course all managers at one point or another contradict themselves...but I was making a relative comparison, the most number of contradictions over x time period and in that, Pardew has been the worst of the bunch

i remember fergie saying beckham would see his contract out, that he hadn't assaulted said player with a boot, that he hadn't been in touch with jaap stam before informing his club etc etc et fucking cetera. managers lie, it's part of the job, sometimes it's not even a lie (ie knowingly misleading). dalglish will say carrolls not for sale in the summer....however should barce,real or such offer 70mill and want to pay him 200kpw he'll start next season on the continent.

It's mind games from Pardew i reckon. Giving him the benefit of the doubt but with the amount he's changed his mind on varying players for this game, i'm gonna bet that Jonas and Barton will be available. Really hope so.

Kevin Nolan and Cheik Tiote are both one booking away from suspensions after each reaching nine yellows. The duo must both avoid bookings in our next three games if they are to sidestep an automatic two game ban. 

Do the counters get reset in three games time then? Does it then become a one match ban?

Kevin Nolan and Cheik Tiote are both one booking away from suspensions after each reaching nine yellows. The duo must both avoid bookings in our next three games if they are to sidestep an automatic two game ban. 

Do the counters get reset in three games time then? Does it then become a one match ban?

April 10 it gets wiped.

April 10 it gets wiped.

That's bizarre.

Anyway, there's no way Tiote will go three games without a yellow.

Guest ykmkmdd

he just has, seems to be getting a bit better with cutting out the reckless challenges, but agree it's highly unlikely he'll manage another 3...

he just has, seems to be getting a bit better with cutting out the reckless challenges, but agree it's highly unlikely he'll manage another 3...

True, he has been slightly better. Fingers crossed anyway.

This is the worst fixture of the season. Not even remotely exciting and you're just waiting for the typical scrapy goal or goal from a set piece. Hope these cunts get relegated next season back to where they belong.

This is the worst fixture of the season. Not even remotely exciting and you're just waiting for the typical scrapy goal or goal from a set piece. Hope these cunts get relegated next season back to where they belong.

Not much chance unfortunately.

I still don't understand how no-one seemed to pick up on 'The Rory' before this lot. He did none of this Steve Javelin shit at the mackems.

2-1 Stoke.

Etherington and Walters for them, late consolation goal from Best.

Anyone but Walters, awful player.

Really don't how this will go and wouldn't want to predict until I see what our line up is.

Hope we'll have the two Joeys back like :lol:

Barton and Deacon?

Seems to have been edited now, sure earlier on someone posted a quote from Pardew saying he'd make a decision on "joey and joey on Friday", obviously meant to be Joey and Jonas.