Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

That's the thing. As much as he has taken stick recently (and probably rightly so to be fair) we don't know how far down the list of potential targets we end up signing as serial penny-pinchers. I remember us being linked strongly with some very good strikers (PEA etc) and ending up with useless sacks of shit. Still doesn't rid him of any blame for scouting said useless sacks of shit, like.

Probably the right time to part company, club needs a reshuffle from top to bottom. Just allow Benitez to put his own team in place and crack on.

The only thing that makes me wonder if Carr was hard done by here is that it's been reported we rarely bought his top choices. We often ended up with players half way down the list, and perhaps that was why so many failed as they weren't the top picks.

That said, the lack of spine or fight for the cause in nearly all the players signed is shocking, regardless of how much quality they have.

I'd rather Rafa was given full control of his own scouting network for sure. We need to buy players for the now first, for the future second. No more mercenaries, we need people who want to be here and be part of something special.

There was inevitably a Spanish flavour to his recruits. In his first three years he signed 17 players from La Liga, but believed that a native, local core to his side was key.

http://e1.365dm.com/14/06/768x432/479371713_3154639.jpg?20140607173255

He was the man responsible for bringing in Pepe Reina, Agger, Mascherano, Alonso, Torres, Kuyt, Skrtel.

http://pictures.directnews.co.uk/liveimages/Glenn+Roeder_1141_18357783_0_0_16020_300.jpg

For me the biggest issue is the role he played in the McClaren appointment. I also of the belief that we can't just exonerate him from blame because the club didn't pick his top choice, for the amount we paid for the likes of Riveire, Cabell and Thauvin, there were plenty of other options out there, his list can't be just of the obviously potential world beaters and crap below it.

As far as I'm concerned, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

For me the biggest issue is the role he played in the McClaren appointment. I also of the belief that we can't just exonerate him from blame because the club didn't pick his top choice, for the amount we paid for the likes of Riveire, Cabell and Thauvin, there were plenty of other options out there, his list can't be just of the obviously potential world beaters and crap below it.

As far as I'm concerned, don't let the door hit you on the way out.

:lol: "Graham! We need a striker!

'Ibrahimovic.'

"Not gonna happen, Graham."

'Fucking fine, Riviere then.'

He's like Charnley.  Given a job which he's got no experience for and is completely out of his depth.  Is probably a decent scout (:lol: and what sort of club relies on a single scout?), but should never have anywhere near as much responsibility as he does.

Guest chopey

Why cant he just be a scout for Rafa ? I don't really understand the hatred towards this bloke.

Why cant he just be a scout for Rafa ? I don't really understand the hatred towards this bloke.

He's helped the club buy a lot of shit/gutless players and even helped bring McClaren in.

Guest chopey

He's helped the club buy a lot of s***/gutless players and even helped bring McClaren in.

Like its been said on here all day, how many of our transfers were his first suggestions, I cant think of many of his picks that were shite, they were just shite for us.

Usually it's a massive network, many unpaid friends etc. Most scouts value is in their network from grassroots up. The Nowhere Men is a good book about scouting and how little the majority get recognition.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3595446/Rafa-Benitez-agrees-stay-Newcastle-United-manager-begins-work-list-transfer-targets.html

Gone apparently.

As if anyone needed any more convincing of the genius of this man. His genius lies in his undying love for the game and for the smallest of details. It would really be a travesty to lose him now.

Absolute boll*cks, the guy is a tenth-rate con merchant who got lucky with a couple of targets five years ago and has been dining out on them ever since, while digging up the most rancid ill-fitting complete spineless cun.....Oh wait, did you mean Rafa? Ok, as you were  O0

He should have been one part of the system, not the system itself. It must have been from above him to shop in that market pretty much solely. We talk about his lists and which one on it he signed, but it's the club's fault. If we were unable to sign numbers 1-3 or whatever from who he had liked in France, it should have then gone to maybe another scout watching other leagues for his thoughts and recommendations.

Instead we seemed to just go down his list until one met the arc on the graph of age, price, sell-on potential, etc. No real ill feelings towards him tbh. Hopefully this is the main area sorted under Rafa.