Graham Carr

Guest sicko2ndbest

Indeed. Next he'll probably suggest we do something really batshit crazy like pay market rate for a player or look outside of France where we might have to offer them a competitive wage. Best off getting rid of him now.

Seriously though, can you imagine the kind of shit we'd be in if Ashley's mental, overly limited transfer policy of only buying damaged goods from France with minimum fee release clauses or 6 months left to run and under 27 wasn't backed up by one of the best scouts in the land? I think Carr's about the only person I'd trust to even get close to making such a suicidal strategy work. If / when he ever leaves, we're utterly fucked because we all know that plan B will be to get some mentalist like Kinnear (Or more likely, Kinnear himself) to try to do exactly the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Graham Carr visited me in my sleep last night to tell me that he recommends that Gary Johnson is the next Newcastle manager.

He then brought me to Yeovil Town club office where him and Mr. Johnson tried to arrange signings without NUFC knowing. I was asked to help by persuading Marveaux 's agent to get him to sign for us.

Kinnear signed him anyway.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if that's the next time we see him wheeled out actually. Photo shaking hands with HBA over a new contract.

If it means Hatem signs a new deal I couldn't care less. :lol:

Same :)

Was thinking though. With all last seasons signings really settling in now; Anita,Sissoko,Gouff,Yanga,Debuchy.

Have we made a single bad signing on his recommendation? I mean I think Obertan and Gosling were widely speculated to be Pardew signings were they not? Even so if we count them as Carr's that's still a ridiculous success rate.

• 1 year later...

He's probably got a better contract than the manager in fairness and given he has no affiliation with the club historically I'm sure he doesn't give that much of a toss. As I've said before though I don't see him as a scout in the traditional sense, he hasn't unearthed any gems merely got us good deals that we probably shouldn't have been able to.

He's probably got a better contract than the manager in fairness and given he has no affiliation with the club historically I'm sure he doesn't give that much of a toss. As I've said before though I don't see him as a scout in the traditional sense, he hasn't unearthed any gems merely got us good deals that we probably shouldn't have been able to.

He's a Newcastle fan and has threatened to walkout before over how P45 plays the players he finds.

Can spot De Jong - the shit one, but we were never linked with Pelle. SMH.

Is only he had the benefit of hindsight like you, then he'd be the perfect scout.

And we were scouting Pelle, was mentioned in the media the other week by the club that we had been looking at him.