Newcastle United 4 - 1 Wolves - 02/04/11 - post match reaction from page 18

Nate

Well done to all the players a good number of Newcastle Online users seem to hate: -

Lovenkrands scored a goal and provided an assist for Ameobi's goal.

Ameobi scored a goal and provided an assist for Nolan's goal.

Nolan scored a goal and prevented a Wolves player running through on goal.

Steven Taylor ran out of defence and provided the assist for Jonas.

Jonas scored!

Perch headed one off the line.

We aren't quite safe yet though. I think this season is going to set a new record for the number of points required to stay up.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Harper- 6

Simpson- 6

Williamson- 6.5

Coloccini- 7

Ferguson- 7

Barton- 7

Nolan- 7

Guthrie-6

Jonas- 7.5

Ameobi- 7.5

Loven- 7

Quality result and generally quite an assured performance. Completely in control bar a ropey 20-minute period where Wolves really went for it - defense wasn't as balanced due to a couple of mediocre performances and having to chop and change. Four really well taken goals too, great stuff. Ahhh. Relegation? Pfft. :razz:

What a victory. Guthrie surprised me today. Wolves did have some good chances though. But rubbish defending by Simpson prior to Wolves goal. He should push. But he backed off, and consequently invited Wolves into our box.  He did the same error against Tham too. And maybe Harper should have saved that shot.

To be fair everytime we've "needed", or at least the ones that've been important to the fans, to win we've pulled out a drubbing. Villa, mackems, WHU, today. Superb stuff. :clap:

massive massive result, i feel soooo much more relieved and better right now, been nervous as fuck for days before this game.

Well done! Now i can enjoy the weekend with a couple of beers and a big smile on my face!

To be fair everytime we've "needed", or at least the ones that've been important to the fans, to win we've pulled out a drubbing. Villa, mackems, WHU, today. Superb stuff. :clap:

EDIT: It's definitely one way to ensure that ST sales stay on the up, make SJP the most exciting Premiership stadium :thup:

massive massive result, i feel soooo much more relieved and better right now, been nervous as f*** for days before this game.

Well done! Now i can enjoy the weekend with a couple of beers and a big smile on my face!

true that i was so worried about this game.

Harper 6 - Not much to do

Simpson 6 - Solid for most of the game but was poor for the Wolves goal.

Williamson 7 - Growing in confidence at this level.

Coloccini 8 - Top, top player. Composed in defence and can handle the physical side now. One of the best attacking CBs I've seen.

Ferguson 7 - Shame about the injury, but was doing well till then.

Barton 8 - Great game, deserved a goal.

Nolan 7 - Led by example, got in good positions and took his goal well.

Guthrie 6 - Seemed to patrol the midfield well enough, but offered little going forward.

Jonas 7 - Aside from some poor crosses he had a good game. Beautiful finish for his goal.

Lovenkrands 7 - I still don't rate him at this level, but can't argue he had a good game today an assist and a goal, can't ask for much more.

Shola 9 - Love this guy, absolute destroyed their centre backs and got himself a goal. My MOTM definitely.

Subs

Perch 6 - Iffy at times, scares the shit out of me on occasion but redeemed himself with the clearance off the line. Obviously booked :lol:

Ranger 6 - Causes teams all sorts of problems when he comes on, but what the fuck was that attempt from far out when the keeper was way off his line?

Taylor 7 - Extra point for his part in the 4th goal, which proved once and for all imo, that he is best as a full back. Should start at LB next week if Jose and Ferguson aren't fit.

So pleased that we kept our heads and remained well drilled, having had to linger on that 0-4 for a fortnight. Credit to Pardew and the players for that. I expected us to get a result but i thought we might be a bit nervous in spite of it. We weren't at all tbh and powered past the opposition as if we were in a good run of form.

We;; a great win, some top performances today.. we needed that and we got it in style.

Nolans 2 match ban is going to be a problem with Tiore's as well but Guthrie did very well today so at least he can cover still.

Also loved Taylor's part in the celebration for the 4th, sprinting the other way arms aloft like he was some kind of god :lol:

His block tackle then run to set up the fourth was just superb.

Fucking hell some of our supporters are a right miserable bunch at times. Just got back from the match but the amount of people whinging during the game and after was just silly, Shola being one of the main targets of criticism despite putting in one of the best performances I've ever seen from him. 5th time we've scored 4 or more at home this season, and people have the cheek to moan!

Anyway, fantastic result and a great performance from a makeshift team.  :clap: