Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Guest magpie99

Difficult game considering what is aty stake especially for them. However, whilst they have pace, we have managed twice this season to make Bent look ordinary and if we can do it again, we might have a chance.

If Jose is back, put him straight back in and mocve Fergie further forward, Jonas to the right, Joey to the middle. We can beat them if our defence is on the ball.

Harper

Simpson Williamson Coloccini  Saylor

Raylor        Perch  Guthrie    Jonas

Ameobi  Lovenkrands

Dropping Barton?

Yep, until he gets rid of his shit hair cut...

I'm certainly a lot happier going into this given yesterdays results. They have a lot of pace but the pressure will be squarely on them what with being close to the relegation zone. The fans there are brewing with anti- Houllier frustration and the longer the game goes on without them scoring the more the crowd will get on their backs.

I'm still bemused at the anti-Newcastle banners and jeering and general smugness from Villa fans on the day we went down. What was that all about? It would be great to get a win here and really have Villa fucking creaking badly with alarm bells going off!

It's never going to happen but wouldn't mind seeing how Richardson does in the middle thus keeping Barton out on the right. If we had another 4 or 5 points on the board then Pardew might have tried it, after all having Tiote and Nolan suspended gives him the ideal opportunity to do so, but as it is he wont and I don't really blame him for that. Full expect to see Raylor on the right with Barton and Guthrie in the centre.

Guest Haris Vuckic

They're shit. We should beat them but we are so inconsistent I wouldn't know what to expect.

Guest toonlass

After the way they went on when we were relegated, the banners, the wild celebrations, the general twattishness of their fans I'd like to see us win it well. Don't know if we will. Probably won't, but it would be nice to kick them in the balls.

I can see us going 5 at the back again or something like S Taylor in midfield given the lack of midfield options. May not the be the worst idea to try and hold them at 0-0 and get the crowd against them.

I'd be surprised.  Pardew's admitted this hasn't worked.  I think it'll be 4-4-2, with Raylor back on RM and Barton tucking inside with Guthrie.