Aston Villa v Newcastle United (10/4/11) Pre-Match Thread

Guest sicko2ndbest

Downing was good against us, I thought. Some abysmal standing off like but he caused us problems.

I've never rated Downing that highly, but he's been great for Villa this season when I've seen them. Obviously a good player to be fair to him.

Seemed to have a bit of a lull in his career, but I agree, been decent whenever I've seen him this year. It's just symptomatic of this season - if Villa had 6 or 7 more points and were 7th instead of 16th, Downing would have been talked about a lot more I reckon.

Downing was good against us, I thought. Some abysmal standing off like but he caused us problems.

I've never rated Downing that highly, but he's been great for Villa this season when I've seen them. Obviously a good player to be fair to him.

Seemed to have a bit of a lull in his career, but I agree, been decent whenever I've seen him this year. It's just symptomatic of this season - if Villa had 6 or 7 more points and were 7th instead of 16th, Downing would have been talked about a lot more I reckon.

He's been our best player this season by a mile.

Just a note - if you're coming to the match, London Midland trains are on strike, so there will be no trains between New St and Witton / Aston.

national rail says they are running a reduced service between new street and lichfield

He's watching Dirk Kuyt this century.

I was with a Villa supporting mate when I heard this Roeder news, and was *JUST* on the verge of making a "scouting Dirk Kuyt" quip, when my brain reminded me that that's an "in joke" from a small corner of the internet totally removed from anything real life.

He plays from the right for Villa, yes?

Did he ever do that at Boro, honestly can't remember.

he did a bit, many boro fans at the time wanted him on the right permanently and johnson on the left.

He's watching Dirk Kuyt this century.

I was with a Villa supporting mate when I heard this Roeder news, and was *JUST* on the verge of making a "scouting Dirk Kuyt" quip, when my brain reminded me that that's an "in joke" from a small corner of the internet totally removed from anything real life.

:lol: the shame of having to explain yourself defiantly out weighs the few seconds of joy

just gained two free tickets to the villa game but there in the fucking villa stand! on the one hand i don't wana seem ungrateful and spoilt but on the other i really don't want to have to sit there and not cheer on my team. I know some would say just cheer us on anyways but I don't particularly want to get smacked either.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Why not play Ferguson on the wing? What's our expected midfield? Jonas Guthrie Barton...who am I missing?

Raylor Guthrie Barton Jonas