Player of the Season?

Keefaz
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We've not won one single game without Barton. Since HBA was injured, most of the creative responsibility falls on him. And he's coped very well. But on the other hand, his performances were due, which stands in contrast to Tiote. He's  been the surprise of the year, playing football like a £50 mill man.  But then we have Colo who's played about every game this season, and some of his performances have been incredible. This was probably not expected either. He's had a rough start on his NUFC-career. But he's taken PL with storm this season. Which proves how important it is to integrate foreign players and to give them time to settle in. It's the consistency (never injured) that tilts my decision in Colo's favor. So my ranking is

1.  :colo:

2. :tiote:

3. Barton

Tiote gets it for me.

However him, Coloccini, Barton, Nolan, Enrique, Carroll would have all won it had they been playing in any season since 04/05. Also Simpson, Best, Shola all deserve mentions. I haven't been overly dissatisfied with Williamson, Harper, Krul or Jonas. Guthrie, Saylor and Lovenkradns have been good value backup players for a newly promoted side.

Carroll played so well some silly fuckers spent 35 mil. Enrique played so well hes wanted by everyone apparently. Yet not so many votes for them?

Carroll isn't here anymore - why the hell should he be our 'player of the season'?

I agree about Enrique, though. Saying that, he's been very good last season as well and expectations were higher than they were on Barton and Tiote.

I wouldn't base how good someone's been on ridiculously inflated prices or random rumours.

inflated yes, random no. Also add england callup to that.

Carroll isn't here anymore - why the hell should he be our 'player of the season'?

'Cos he played here for most of the season and was ridiculously good beyond anyones expectations !?

It is a point though that he hasn't had the full season, which is why enrique and barton are closer 2nds and 3rds for me

Could be anyone from Barton, Colo, Nolan, Enrique & Tiote. Went for Nolan as think he has done a captains job this season and held everything together on and off the pitch and chipped in with a substantial number of goals. In terms of pure on the pitch performance would be a Tiote or Colo though.

Its a close run thing BUT I went for Colo.. been a god this season.. may be more important for us tan Tiote.

Okay that may be down to lack of CB cover but still he deserves the award.

Colo for me, a pity about all the suspensions that Tiote has picked up otherwise I think it would be him.

Same for me.  Coloccini is now looking the player that we thought we bought, strong, confident, good with the ball and dangerous in the oppositions area.  However, Tiote has managed to put a curb on the almost 1:1 yellow card per match ratio that he started the season with and looks to be one of the most important players in the sqaud.