Goal of the Season?

ChrisMcQuillan
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Tiote's by a fucking country mile.

Taking it first time on the full volley, weaker foot, absolutely flushed it into the corner. One of the hardest techniques to pull off in football, and he absolutely nailed it.

Even without the epic circumstances surrounding the goal it's still the best we've scored this year by quite some way.

Tiote's by a fucking country mile.

Taking it first time on the full volley, weaker foot, absolutely flushed it into the corner. One of the hardest techniques to pull off in football, and he absolutely nailed it.

Even without the epic circumstances surrounding the goal it's still the best we've scored this year by quite some way.

This. For all the others they could be replicated by the player if they did it another 50 times. I don't believe Tiote's could be if you put everyone back into the situation they were in when he hit it. Off the top of my head only Rooney's overhead and Bale's volley at Stoke come close to it this season.

Tiote's by a f***ing country mile.

http://i55.tinypic.com/317edjk.jpg

A goal which gave most people who were there the best footballing moment of their lives. Every other shot he's had for us has been rubbish so to pull THIS out the bag at THAT point in THAT game is just mind blowing.

Tiote's by a f***ing country mile.

:nods:

A goal which meant so much to me, a feeling that I don't think I'll feel at St James Park again. Any other goal we've scored in the last few years doesn't even come close IMO.

Just reading this forced me to listen to Lockwoods commentary of the Arsenal match again...still makes the hairs on the back of my next stand on end.

Surely Tiote's strike has to win this poll?

Tiote, man. I only saw it later that night on MOTD and even though I'd read about it all day on here it was still absolutely fucking skin-tinglingly mind blowing. The goal, the crowd's reaction, Tiote's celebration. Best 1 minute of football for years and years.

Guest Roger Kint

Tiote, due to it being not only a great finish but the circumstances as well.

This definately for me.

Colo v Spurs, Barton v Villa, HBA obviously, Ranger v Chelsea(20 odd passes?) in any order behind it.